• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

I don't think they should have done Matanza vs Mil 2 weeks in a row.

But they didn't have two matches in back to back weeks.

Pentagon took out Muertes in Aztec Warfare II.
Muertes vs. Matanza I took place in episode 212.
Graver Consequences took place this week in episode 215.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But they didn't have two matches in back to back weeks.

Pentagon took out Muertes in Aztec Warfare II.
Muertes vs. Muertes I took place in episode 212.
Graver Consequences took place this week in episode 215.

That's still way too soon between rematches for your final boss vs final boss match.

Zach

Disappointed that Rey is using Konnan's theme now. His last theme was great and lasted for like a month. :(

I enjoyed that little piece of business with Nash, though.

klonere

Banned
OH U DUN FUCKED UP NOW

CjlNQ2B.gif

That's still way too soon between rematches for your final boss vs final boss match.

The easiest way to build credibility is for one monster to definitively knock off the one who used to be the most dominant. That, and Muertes should just stay away from his "signature" match going forward.

In theory, it should end with all seven Aztec tribes banding together to take Matanza out.
But, given the spoilers from next season, it doesn't look like it's going in that direction.

Ok for anyone who cares, go watch Benoit's Backlash 2000 promo. That shit is very spooky, then Jr throws in a comment that, "Chris Benoit, colder than the other side of the pillow." It's weird to think about that when you know what happens.

Once again, Mundo and Taya spiced up that trios match against Azteca, Puma, and Mysterio. The ongoing rivalry between Mundo and Puma is an example of how continuity can spice up matches.

The hoss battle was a lot of fun with some great spots. I'm glad I caught up with LU.

Now, last night's NXT remains.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Does Cena ever post photos of himself bullying Alex Riley

Also, saying Samson is bad at the actual wrestling is kinda silly. He's not a fantastic worker but he's not Brawn Strongman by any means. He's competent. He's also competent cutting promos for his intentionally-despicable gimmick. I don't get it. He's just a regular ol' heel like Baron Corbin was, except he's probably better than Baron Corbin was.

klonere

Banned
lmao Joey Styles telling Gabe on twitter to get a proper @Evolve account.

Mate, he needs a proper website first and switch his news distribution method from some bizarre mid 2000s newsgroup email addon thing.

RBH

riot.gif

shoe.gif

ROH One Year Anniversary Show 2/8/03 review

Steve Corino vs Homicide

Before the match, Samoa Joe gets all up in Homicide's grill. Steve Corino grabs a mic, which was "not on the format". SPORTZ ENTERTAINMENT. "Corino isn't even supposed to be on the mic right now!" So...just point out that the show is scripted and booked out. Gabe is basically telling you something bad is about to happen. Way to telegraph, breh. You're the booker, could you at least try to not give away your angles before they happen? Michael Shane is introduced as a new member of The Group. Oh yeah, Corino named his stable THE GROUP. Corino is SHOOTING on Gabe and Feinstein. Great. Nothing sports entertainment about worked shoots. CW Anderson is brought out. You see, CW was fired from ROH for taking a booking in Japan over ROH, but somehow one of his matches accidentally ended up on one of the video tapes released later on. Lol. This is dumb as fuck. Corino calls for Low Ki to join the group. Homicide then grabs the mic, says Low Ki isn't down with that, then goes for cheap hometown pops. "Steve Corino isn't doing what he's supposed to do!"

Finally, the match starts. So, this must be a shoot then, right? THIS match is real, while everything else was fake, right? Because if Corino was shooting during the promo, not doing what he was booked to do, surely he wouldn't be working a match on the script right after. That's how logic works, you fucks. Gabe bitches about CW Anderson, calls him an asshole, and wishes for a fan to take a punch at him. Oh look, another top rope Kanyon Cutter, even though we just saw a match with TWO of them. Of course, there is a ref bump and Homicide straight up stealing Muta spots (the shining wizard off the back of someone else). Gabe keeps talking about how hostile the crowd the building is getting. Sure doesn't seem very hostile, outside of Joe arguing with clear plants. "This is Ring of Honor, mother fucker. You're lucky this is Ring of Honor or I'd fuck you up." Lol, Joe. Gabe and RF are screaming at CW Anderson. This is SO stupid. Homicide is forced to pass out to a cobra clutch. The Group continues to beat up Homicide until fans start jumping the railing. Now, obviously, most of the fans are plants (including Julius Smokes), but at least one actual fan hits the ring and is immediately swarmed by EVERYONE. Homicide and The Group all stomp this dude. And I think Low Ki is out there hitting fans. Joe beats up a dude in a Peyton Manning jersey. FUCK Peyton Manning. Big headed fuck. The rest of the roster ends up out there. "Throw storylines out the window!" Lmao, some fan takes his shoe off and is hitting wrestlers. "At least in situations like this, kayfabe means nothin'." Fuck off, Gabe. Jesus Christ. Michael Shane repeatedly screams "fuck you" at RF, who is screaming about getting banned from the building. Homicide also screams at RF, saying he'd "fuck the shit out of you" and actually ran after him. Lol at Gabe literally shrieking like a woman in a horror movie. After about 15 minutes of this, they show it again from the hard cam.
https://legitshook.squarespace.com/...rri-reviews/roh-one-year-aniversary-show-2803

lmao

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think I've been spending too much time in this thread.

Over an hour a day.

I need to cut back.

Maybe half an hour.

Or twenty minutes.

Fifteen sounds about right.

Ten even.

Five minutes?

Or how about THREE MINUTES.

Bubba T

I got that WWE network email as well. It honestly brought back a time where I stopped watching WWE because of this crap. It wasn't cheer against the heels type of heat, it was I'm not watching this shit anymore type of heat.

It's hilarious how WWE since 2000 has been a HHH ego fest, all the way down to propaganda emails such as that.

I got that WWE network email as well. It honestly brought back a time where I stopped watching WWE because of this crap. It wasn't cheer against the heels type of heat, it was I'm not watching this shit anymore type of heat.

It's hilarious how WWE since 2000 has been a HHH ego fest, all the way down to propaganda emails such as that.

But I'm sure it'll be better when he takes over

Fucking LOL at anyone who seriously believes that. And I know they're here

Lol so the sheets said Austin was supposed to run in and help the rock win but he's at backlash just swinging chairs. They make sure Austin overshadows everyone's moment. But The Rock wins in a B ppv instead of the main one. Great but why couldn't it be at Mania

lmao Joey Styles telling Gabe on twitter to get a proper @Evolve account.

Mate, he needs a proper website first and switch his news distribution method from some bizarre mid 2000s newsgroup email addon thing.

Step one: Make sure your streams aren't trash fires, especially during WrestleMania weekend
Step two: set up Evolve Web site so it doesn't reference Dragon Gate USA anymore.
Step three: Set up a company Twitter account that isn't the booker's Twitter account.
Step four: Stop announcing matches or cards on only the booker's Twitter account and never updating the Web site or even emailing the updated cards out.

For all that Evolve has going for it,it has a number of basic operational problems that need to be resolved.

Lol so the sheets said Austin was supposed to run in and help the rock win but he's at backlash just swinging chairs. They make sure Austin overshadows everyone's moment. But The Rock wins in a B ppv instead of the main one. Great but why couldn't it be at Mania

Because fuck Rock

Step one: Make sure your streams aren't trash fires, especially during WrestleMania weekend
Step two: set up Evolve Web site so it doesn't reference Dragon Gate USA anymore.
Step three: Set up a company Twitter account that isn't the booker's Twitter account.
Step four: Stop announcing matches or cards on only the booker's Twitter account and never updating the Web site or even emailing the updated cards out.

For all that Evolve has going for it,it has a number of basic operational problems that need to be resolved.

There's a new website on the way, apparently.

klonere

Banned

Seriously, it makes me think that they are just surviving by the skin of their teeth that they can't afford to dedicate any resources to this very simple and rather essential things. You just had WWE pimp your shit out and your landing pad for all those eyes is total confusing garbage. God bless PROGRESS.

Light the hoss lamp!

May 16 said:
Kenta Kobashi will be promoting a show on 6/14 at Korakuen Hall, built around he and Kensuke Sasaki doing an in-ring interview talking about their careers. Main events are interpromotional matches with Go Shiozaki (NOAH) & Yuji Okabayashi (Big Japan) vs. Daisuke Sekimoto (Big Japan) & Yuji Hino (K-Dojo) and Shuji Ishikawa (Big Japan) & Katsuhiko Nakajima (NOAH) vs. Kohei Sato (Zero-One) & Maybach Taniguchi (NOAH).

Shiozki & Okabayashi vs. Sekimoto & Hino. Oh, buddy.

Ishikawa & Nakajima vs. Sato and Taniguchi isn't bad either.

Did Rachel Ellering's dropkick on Alexa Bliss even hit?

Seriously, it makes me think that they are just surviving by the skin of their teeth that they can't afford to dedicate any resources to this very simple and rather essential things. You just had WWE pimp your shit out and your landing pad for all those eyes is total confusing garbage. God bless PROGRESS.

I mean it's not hard. Jim built PROGRESS' site. Web design is not his profession.

There's a new website on the way, apparently.

I hope they actually think about the site's design before they build it. Too many times companies promise a new site, and the new site's even worse than the old one.

PROGRESS's site is good, but man, the show titles. "Chat Shit Get Banged" is embarrassing, especially to someone who doesn't care about English Premier League.

Watching last week's NXT, loving some of the new camera work on the entrances. Looks so different to anything else.
PROGRESS's site is good, but man, the show titles. "Chat Shit Get Banged" is embarrassing, especially to someone who doesn't care about English Premier League.

You're going to love the next London show title after the Strong Style tourney.

Top Bottom