• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

bjork

It's mentioned in Titan Shattered and a few other places.

I will admit that about 10 minutes into the match, I did go buy a shirt, but that was because it looked like no one was getting up, so buying a shirt would go way faster than if I waited until the show was over.

VFB3Z4A.jpg

Bay Bay

looks fantastic

klonere

Banned
Actual carny of the year winner already locked in and it is a truly disgusting one

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217769

Could the WWE have used a medical suspension to try and avoid the pr from a domestic abuse scandal?

.....no. The story is out there for any enterprising journalist to pick up now. "WWE performer and subject of an ESPN documentary is a serial domestic abuser". The story would have gotten out eventually.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That rumble match is great simply for the NoD civil war. They had been at each others neck for the longest and you finally start to see the family whip each other's ass. Reminds me of Good Times.

The whole event just oozes excitement. That RR set is the first memorable, oh shit we're back in the big time. Micheal Cole/KK interviewing people. Vince in the top box with Shane and a convicted rapist. Terry Funk and Cactus Jack bombing each other with chairs but taking time out to lob Tom Brandi out of the ring. Rock and Foley mixing it up. The place going BERSERK when Austin's music hits.

bjork

Colt Cabana said:
“I had one meeting with him and the big thing was I said, ‘I’m a comedy wrestler’. I go, ‘I love alternative comedy’ and he goes, ‘like Jackie Gleason?’ And I was like, in my head, I was like, ‘who the f–k is Jackie Gleason? I don’t even know that. Like, I know the name, but I couldn’t even tell you.’ And it just goes to show you his, not his outdatedness, but just where he is in his head and his references. And when I referenced The State and I referenced Kids In The Hall to him, he had no clue who they were. And that’s kind of the moment I realized, like, I don’t think I’m going to go that very far [in WWE].”

So cutting edge, referencing 80s and 90s sketch comedy

Fox318

Actual carny of the year winner already locked in and it is a truly disgusting one

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217769

.....no. The story is out there for any enterprising journalist to pick up now. "WWE performer and subject of an ESPN documentary is a serial domestic abuser". The story would have gotten out eventually.

we know practically nothing about how they test and what the standards are for suspension especially since they bend the rules for guys like Orton.

Billy Gunn and HHH are perfect examples of how they don't really do the right testing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Time travelers must have gone to Royal Rumble 1998 as there is a very prominent NAK 3:16 sign facing the hard camera.

The whole event just oozes excitement. That RR set is the first memorable, oh shit we're back in the big time. Micheal Cole/KK interviewing people. Vince in the top box with Shane and a convicted rapist. Terry Funk and Cactus Jack bombing each other with chairs but taking time out to lob Tom Brandi out of the ring. Rock and Foley mixing it up. The place going BERSERK when Austin's music hits.
I'll have to go back and look at it again buy yeah they knew they couldn't fuck up at this point. The have the biggest ppv seller at the show with them. Times were a changing. Vince was probably like a pimp in a brothel with Tyson.

klonere

Banned
Seth screaming "THIS IS ALL I HAVE LEFT!!!" when he was playing Swagger for the championship made me sad because it was fresh after his injury.

Seth was so good throughout that entire tourny. "It's all for the kids" was the best out of nowhere line in his victory speech.

something something fire something something writers something something Vince

A heel Samoan group with Roman, the Uso, and Joe would print money.

Bring back Gang Warfare!

Usos turn on Roman, say he's a disgrace to the Samoan bloodline, fame made him soft. Samoa Joe jumps to the main roster as their new leader.
Bullet Club, or whatever, turns on Styles, Balor jumps to the main roster still after Samoa Joe.
Roman reforms The Shield.

Shield vs. The Club vs. Samoans, War Games in a Cell, Survivor Series.

bjork

WWE trivia thing, question 3:

"At 25 years, 1 months, 13 days old, Yokozuna became the youngest WWE World Heavyweight Champion."

B FALSE That distinction belongs to Brock Lesnar

Isn't this wrong? At the time, he WAS the youngest ever. What dumb fuckhead worded this?

AColdDay

Bring back Gang Warfare!

Usos turn on Roman, say he's a disgrace to the Samoan bloodline, fame made him soft. Samoa Joe jumps to the main roster as their new leader.
Bullet Club, or whatever, turns on Styles, Balor jumps to the main roster still after Samoa Joe.
Roman reforms The Shield.

Shield vs. The Club vs. Samoans, War Games in a Cell, Survivor Series.

You are joking about this, but one of the great things about the Attitude era were all the different factions (DX, Ministry, Corporation, etc) battling each other, with Stone Cold Steve Austin in the center of it.

"At 25 years, 1 months, 13 days old, Yokozuna became the youngest WWE World Heavyweight Champion."

Isn't this wrong? At the time, he WAS the youngest ever. What dumb fuckhead worded this?

I guess he's the only wrestler who became champion at 25 years, 1 month and 13 days old. But yeah, that's really poorly worded.

Also, didn't Orton take the youngest champ honour from Lesnar when he beat.... wait, I guess the title was vacant when he won it.

Cagey

Banned
You are joking about this, but one of the great things about the Attitude era were all the different factions (DX, Ministry, Corporation, etc) battling each other, with Stone Cold Steve Austin in the center of it.

This past week, I've started rewatching RAW from Wrestlemania 13 onward (though I've spared all here the liveblogging), and it's the truth. Just nascent Nation of Domination and Bret Hart's New Foundation exist so far, yet every minor random match involving members versus others has added excitement because of potential for gang beatdowns and the like.

A faction doesn't need to be on the story-warping scale of an nWo to make things fun.

I feel bad for everyone involved. This is a rough time for him and his wife. When the E lets him go, what is he going to do?
I'm wondering myself to be honest. I think he needs some major help. Can they help him? I don't know but if it's worth a shot, reach out to him. The last thing anyone would want is another Benoit case on their hands. This is enough to make him go on a downward spiral back to drugs.

bjork

The last thing anyone would want is another Benoit case on their hands.

Even if this did happen, no matter what they did to help, he'd still be listed as "wwe wrestler" in all the headlines. Not saying that they shouldn't help if they can, but if they're doing it to avoid bad PR, it's too late.

Fox318

Isn't Orton the youngest ever because they wanted to spite Brock?

Who couldn't give a shit about what the WWE does with the fake belt.

Top 5 overrated

Warrior
HHH
Hogan
Flair
Reigns

Sorry guys Flair was always meh to me. I almost put Cena but then he surprises me performing different moves

Bronx-Man

Banned
Top 5 overrated

Warrior
HHH
Hogan
Flair
Reigns

Sorry guys Flair was always meh to me. I almost put Cena but then he surprises me performing different moves
How can Reigns be overrated if he's garbage in the ring? Dude gets gassed so often he makes the Rock look like a cardio king.

Top Bottom