• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Zach

last gen was pretty shit.

Says the guy who claims WrestleMania 2000 is the greatest PPV of all time.

I hated the movement in Red Dead. Something about riding the horses never felt right to me. Got about five hours in and gave up.

I played about 90 minutes of Last of Us, if I had to guess. Strong opening, but it just didn't hook me after that. I remember being at some shipping warehouse and there were dudes going inbetween metal containers and I was just bored, so I stopped.

Deadly Premonition, I got and was like "fuck, this dude is talking about Tom and Jerry and shit, I'm going to like this. I'll come back to it when I have some time" and then never did.

Play all of those games to completion, you big baby.

RBH

I thought the Savage vs DDP feud in 1997 WCW was stellar stuff and made PPV main events a thousand times better than any shit with Hogan in them. I'm so grateful Hogan fucked off for those few months in 1997.

DDP vs. Savage at Great American Bash '97 was awesome

Anth0ny

Says the guy who claims WrestleMania 2000 is the greatest PPV of all time.

ZNHUGzI.gif

Angle wins the KoTR, ewww. But that belly to belly, that was kinda sweet. Kinda cool they are feuding anyway but fuck that Venis should've won.

I'm considering subscribing to the Observer to read about the backstage stuff on WCW as I go through. The carny hooks are so deep into me now.

Also I'm enjoying these top 10 lists, though I don't know where to start with mine. Last gen seems so long ago and it was mostly spent playing multiplayer games due to friends.

Zach

You thought we had had our blow off, but this time we do it in the steel cage, daddeh!

I don't wanna and you can't make me. Plus, the PS3 is in the closet in its box, so I doubt that Last of Us is ever getting touched again ever.

Get in on PS4. It's even better that way.

I'm considering subscribing to the Observer to read about the backstage stuff on WCW as I go through. The carny hooks are so deep into me now.

That sounds like a lot of fun.

shaowebb

Last gen top 10, no particular order:

Demon's Souls
Sin & Punishment: Star Succesor
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Uncharted 2
Last of Us
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Deathsmiles
WipEout HD

Half that list is probably bullshit and I just can't remember what games I played.

For shits and giggles, current gen top 10

Resogun
Super Mario 3D World
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8
Witcher 3
Alien: Isolation
DKCR: Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3

Get your snuggly boots on son, cuz we abouts to cuddle.

Fuck yeah for a fellow shooty fan. Fingers crossed we eventually get the android Deathsmiles stuff on PC as an expansion to the port. Thing had a ton of customization, a new character, and a new story path.

Deathsmiles 2x though is still the best one. Scoring system got revamped and the bosses are just awesome.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
01. Xenoblade
02. Super Mario Galaxy 2
03. Super Mario Galaxy 1
04. Mega Man 9
05. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
06. Skyward Sword
07. Twilight Princess
08. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
09. Megaman 10
10. Dokapon Kingdom

Separate Block for Handhelds.

01. Pokémon Heart Gold
02. Final Fantasy Tactics A2
03. Etrian Odyssey
04. Ace Attorney 3
05. Jump Super Stars
06. Pokémon Black 2
07. Pokémon Black
08. 999
09. Ace Attorney Investigations 2
10. Super Mario 64 DS

I could do a top 100 for DS alone.

Dude, that's the same way I am at this moment but I can't be too arsed to actually spend twenty bucks to read everything. But check this out,

https://m.reddit.com/r/TheDirtsheets

Use the search feature to see what you can find. They post a lot of old school WON stuff.

Thank you, blue, but it's too late... Da Meltz has got my money.

This one's for you WrassleGAF

The next Nitro saw Pillman, in a tag match with Arn Anderson against Kevin Sullivan & Hugh Morris, have a stinker of a match due to what at least appeared to be a total lack of communication and had a few seconds of what appeared to be shooting.

Edit:

However, the television show a few days later seemed to spell an angle. The incident aired on television and was played up like a wrestling angle, albeit a new form of angle aimed only at fans who were at least half smart to aspects of the business. Sullivan's interview, where he broke a pencil, apparently to signify he wasn't acting as booker/wrestler in the match, appeared to give away this was a Japanese style angle. Unfortunately, it isn't aimed at a Japanese style audience which understands the significance of breaking a pencil or shooting or supposed shooting in the ring. In addition, when clips were shown of the match, everything was shown intact rather than edited had something that wasn't supposed to have happened taken place.

Add fucking Saturday Night already. Jesus. I'm missing out on angles here.

Excuse the frequency, but I got to

Sometime around the time of Pillman's argument with Bischoff in the dressing room after the Sullivan match, Disco Inferno was the only wrestler to openly question things suddenly saying something to the effect of, "They're working the boys."

Disco knows.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Three people were in on the Pillman angle, and only two of them knew the real reason.

Luckily one of them was the preeminent wrestling journalist of this era.

Last Gen Top 10 you say?

Arkham Asylum
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Left 4 Dead
Portal 2
Punch-Out!!
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Xenoblade Chronicles

Last Gen Handheld Top 10

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Dragon Quest IX
Elite Beat Agents
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Kirby Canvas Curse
Metal Gear Ac!d
Rhythm Heaven
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Yoshi's Touch & Go

Yeah, this archive stuff is worth it. Especially since it fills in on the Saturday Night stuff.

Marc Mero quit, which I should have assumed when Diamond Doll started hitting on fucking Beefcake. But the interesting part is how he was buried by Bischoff. The contract stuff is kind of interesting, as is Mero's family man/religious beliefs conflicting with angles/business.

And the Nasty Boyz were apparently fired, which is why the Steiner Bros came in to take their place on against LOD on Nitro, but then ended up staying the next day. Fuck. So close to them being gone.

Hogan thinks newcomers are being paid to much and wants the money to go towards bringing in Yokozuna and Ultimate Warrior.

Zach

Top Ten Last Gen (look how rhyme-y)

1. The Last of Us
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
4. Deadly Premonition
5. Portal 1/2
6. BioShock
7. Mass Effect 1/2/3
8. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
9. Grand Theft Auto V
10. The Beatles: Rock Band

Honorable Mentions

Yakuza 3/4/5
Uncharted 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Spec Ops: The Line
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Dead Space 1/2
LIMBO
The Walking Dead (Season 1)
Shadow Complex
Binary Domain
Tokyo Jungle
Fight Night Round 3
Rock Band 2
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (thanks to El Pescado for reminding me of this game)

Raw64life

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Dark Souls
4. Ni no Kuni
5. Dragon Quest IX
6. Dark Souls II
7. Demon's Souls
8. LoZ Skyward Sword
9. Grand Theft Auto V
10. Grand Theft Auto IV

I feel fortunate to have a father who has subscribed to the paper version of the observer since the 80's and still does to this day.

kunonabi

Last Gen(excluding handhelds)

Dead Rising
The Witch and the Hundred Knight
Super Mario Galaxy
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
The Last Story
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Metroid: Other M
No More Heroes
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Zero: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

What is Disco up to these days? I enjoyed his run in TNA but I haven't seen him since.

He wanted to squash Pillman in the Doomsday Cage match.

I read he wanted Pillman in the angle because he was white hot, but I didn't know it was to squash him lol

Madusa vs. Col. Rob Parker

They lock up at the start and Dusty loses his shit. He can't believe it.

So Madusa came on Nitro and threw the WWF Women's title in the trash... then lost to Sherri and loses to Rob Parker... Again, no Saturday Night, so I don't know if she actually got some shine.

I know the idea is you wouldn't want a WWF person to come in and dominate because it implies WWF is better, but I disagree with that sentiment (maybe not in all instances). Here, though, why not just have Madusa wreck shit after she said WWF was shit anyway? Bring back Bull Nakano and get dope feud going or something.

Botchamania entry:

tZaeD3H.gif

I read he wanted Pillman in the angle because he was white hot, but I didn't know it was to squash him lol

Madusa vs. Col. Rob Parker

They lock up at the start and Dusty loses his shit. He can't believe it.

So Madusa came on Nitro and threw the WWF Women's title in the trash... then lost to Sherri and loses to Rob Parker... Again, no Saturday Night, so I don't know if she actually got some shine.

I know the idea is you wouldn't want a WWF person to come in and dominate because it implies WWF is better, but I disagree with that sentiment (maybe not in all instances). Here, though, why not just have Madusa wreck shit after she said WWF was shit anyway? Bring back Bull Nakano and get dope feud going or something.

Botchamania entry:

tZaeD3H.gif
They should've formed a group called, Cocaine Cowgirls and they alternatively accompany Savage to the ring.

Zach

As a fairly jaded person (I think) who was never quite the fan of 1 - 3, U4 easily ranks in my top 5 of all time. It is majestic. Drunkmann killed it. In summary, in 1 - 3, each game did something really well and others pretty poorly, there was never a game that got it all right. uncharted 4 got it all right. I bought Last of Us remastered as a result as well. Stoked to give that a go.

Whoa. High praise. Maybe I'll buy it sooner than recently planned... >_>

P.S. Let us know what you think of The Last of Us. It's an all-time great game, in my opinion.

Top Bottom