• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Laws00

Sources are telling me that Primo and Epico will redebut at the top of Raw tonight before being repackaged and redebuting in the main event as Colombian Cartel, before a quick repackage on Smackdown as Argentinan winemakers and then finally onto Extreme Rules where they will be repackaged as Brazilian U21 footballers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The fact that they just had jobbers is way more interesting than dead as fuck Primo and Epico re-package number 904819028490141

Nose Master

Weird. Having their characters be "We're from Puerto Rico! The end!" didn't get them over with the crowd. They're the control for a social experiment for whether the crowd will respond to any weekly video package regardless of content.

d24892ca0b4e72399e29b8a2d625ded0.jpg

Epico looks like a Gaffer here tho, glad he got banned

Jim Hellwig's Ultimate Creations and Titan Sports have joined together in a business partnership where Titan will promote Warrior's Gym in Phoenix and use it as a WWF training center, and also promote his other merchandise including his comic book. In return, he hasn't left yet.

Not bad, Meltz.

Also, at this time in history (May 1996):

The Punisher, who I believe his real name is Ben Buchanan, and Dwayne Johnson, the son of Rocky Johnson and grandson of Peter Maivia, were both signed to developmental contracts. The developmental deals basically pay the guys $300 or so per week to augment their income while gaining experience, which in each's case will likely be in the USWA.

THe reason why the new day became the new day we all know and love is because the fans shat on them
My point is don't write off the gimmick after one appearance.

The new day had a similarly reaction free debut. It wasn't the reaction to their debut that made them the team they are today. They practically debuted to silence.

Remember when New Day debuted, and you all shat on them the same way. Give them more than one squash match before writing them off.
Pretty sure New Day got a better reaction than complete utter silence as well as weeks of packages that seemed way too overproduced for a group no one wanted to return. At least the New Day separate seemed decently popular, at least Kofi, but I don't think anyone cared for Epico and Primo.

I would love for them to turn out great but it really doesn't seem like they will if this is going to continue.

UberTag

Sources are telling me that Primo and Epico will redebut at the top of Raw tonight before being repackaged and redebuting in the main event as Colombian Cartel, before a quick repackage on Smackdown as Argentinan winemakers and then finally onto Extreme Rules where they will be repackaged as Brazilian U21 footballers.
I like this gimmick idea so long as Rowan The Vintner gets to be their mascot. Just call him El Torito Redux.

The new day had a similarly reaction free debut. It wasn't the reaction to their debut that made them the team they are today. They practically debuted to silence.

new Day was a face act and were miscast.

Colons are heel and dont have anywhere near the talent. They arent going anywhere

Heroman

Banned

Why not? WWE had one shot to make a good first immersion and they fail after what like 6 month of planning.

Top Bottom