• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Well it seems this might be the end of Ryback on tv from pwinsider:

So who going to post the bullet club theme?

WHAT
NO
NO FUCKING NO
FUCK
OH GOD WHY
FUCK YOU, CREATIVE
YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF CUNTS
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH

A7U3OM1.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every time I see someone ask for Finn or think the swerve will be Finn, I get really disappointed

AJ to Finn is the definition of a downgrade, playboys.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's not bad at wrestling he's not good at wrestling he is just wrestling

This one got me.

I love the Big Guy but maybe he needs to unfurl his sails and go and be the best big guy he can be.

They still need heels of all sorts, especially in the upper mid card, so I wish he comes back.

dream

What's interesting about Roman is that he pops the crowd with every big move. Then they remember that they're supposed to boo him because they're supposed to boo him.

UberTag

Roman is good at wrestling. The bullshit where crowds chant "you can't wrestle" at him makes them look stupid imo.
This is a factual statement.

Roman's wrestling isn't the problem. It's his promos and the booking around him that is lacking.
He can wrestle just fine.

That was actually a pretty solid ending, but I haaaaaaaaaate how they're making Anderson and Gallows seem like equals with the Usos. Uce 1 and Uce 2 were on a train to nowhere for like 2 years and all of a sudden they're standing toe to toe with one of the better tag teams in the world (if you take what JBL and Cole spew as gospel) and THE best wrestler on the planet (or at least 1B to Nakamura's 1A).

Also, Roman's lack of real character direction continues to be an issue. Whatever role they're attempting to slot him into, or whatever role the crowd positions him as doesn't even factor into what I'm talking about here. He's just such a blank slate out there that it sort of detracts from the angle. THEE GUY isn't a character trait, he's just a Samoan dude in swat gear related to other Samoan wrestlers. AJ's work with Anderson and Gallows over the last few weeks alone has already given him more character development and intrigue for what happens next, and he's only been in The E for 4 months. This wishy washy tweenerface thing they're doing with Reigns is eehhhh.

EDIT: And you people are tripping, Reigns is mediocre as hell in the ring. All he does are spots. His matches have terrible pacing and he's a black hole as an in ring personality.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's a lot better than Cena was at this point in his career (2006 or so),

Cena was also a much better talker by this point, which is more important for a main eventer. I've never had a problem with Reign's wrestling though.

Besides the main event of WM this year, which god, isn't fun even on a fresh viewing. The match is just dull.

Toki767

What's interesting about Roman is that he pops the crowd with every big move. Then they remember that they're supposed to boo him because they're supposed to boo him.

So does Rollins though. Except Rollins could probably be liked by everyone.

Sephzilla

Off topic - Just got around to watching The Raid 1 and 2. I'm gonna do a LTTP thread but in short I loved The Raid but didn't care for Raid 2 all that much

Cagey

Banned
The boo to "oooohahhh" chant to boo is a personal favorite.

Crowds just want to interact with the product, in the end. A wrestling heel with a catchphrase is mere months from realignment based on audience participation alone.

As a friend noted, Jericho insisting on calling people stupid idiots rather than an invented chantable insult is a nice subtle way of retaining heat.

UberTag

I have to wonder if Ryback was originally booked to beat Kalisto last night and was told he'd just be keeping the belt warm for a month until Cena came back and he said, "fuck that shit" and did the job last night in his WWE swan song (in damn entertaining fashion I might add). Would also explain why he went out of his way to work in some uncharacteristic top rope spots.

Rusev will have the honor of filling that role instead.

Why does Roman make a power bomb his finisher? Better than a fucking punch.
I thought his finisher was the spear.

The boo to "oooohahhh" chant to boo is a personal favorite.

Crowds just want to interact with the product, in the end. A wrestling heel with a catchphrase is mere months from realignment based on audience participation alone.

As a friend noted, Jericho insisting on calling people stupid idiots rather than an invented chantable insult is a nice subtle way of retaining heat.
"WE ARE IDIOTS"

This Charlotte/Natalya feud becomes so hard to watch the second that one of them has to talk. Besides the nostalgia trip I have no clue what WWE was thinking when they paired those two up.

I have to see the YouTube replays but yeah the worst thing about this is making Gallows and Anderson seem like stooges and not possible threats.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have to see the YouTube replays but yeah the worst thing about this is making Gallows and Anderson seem like stooges and not possible threats.

They looked great tonight. In fact they've been booked pretty well outside of that first official match.

With Ryback potentially gone, Reigns and The New Day are the only things left that make me want to watch the Raw Recaps on Youtube.

This is the worst I've ever felt for a wrestler leaving.

dream

Can we just agree to stop calling them the Bullet Club, which is a faction that still exists in Japan, and a group that was much bigger than three people?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
With Ryback potentially gone, Reigns and The New Day are the only things left that make me want to watch the Raw Recaps on Youtube.

This stuff happens all the time. For one thing Da Sheetz could be wrong. For another unlike Barrett he's not saying he's definitely leaving but instead holding out for more money.

Cagey

Banned

Have some faith in the pre-show stopper, uce. He'll be back. He's gotta eat.

shanafan

Reigns to his credit has good matches with the likes of Kane, Show and Sheamus. Strowman is of course a level below even Show.

I actually liked his matches against Sheamus in December. I went to a house show that month, and it was a No DQ match. The match was awesome. Great spots for a house show. Loved every moment.

Pizoxuat

Edge and Christian Show was on fire this week. The Gangrel story had me in stitches. This edition of Will WWE Talk About It wasn't as funny as the AJ edition, but stayed true to addressing WWE taboos.

notworksafe

It's a sad night in my house as well due to this news, friend. But we have to stand strong and have faith. The WWE knows that #RybackSTILLRules and will make the right choice.

UberTag

I actually liked his matches against Sheamus in December. I went to a house show that month, and it was a No DQ match. The match was awesome. Great spots for a house show. Loved every moment.
I've heard nothing but great things about most of the Reigns-Sheamus house show matches.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Reigns has good chemistry with: Sheamus, AJ, Wyatt, Big Show!, Brock Lesnar
Reigns has bad chemistry with: HHH, Ambrose.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Holy shit at the "Will the WWE Talk About It" on the E&C show.

This was the best one yet.

Can we just agree to stop calling them the Bullet Club, which is a faction that still exists in Japan, and a group that was much bigger than three people?
During one of the commercial breaks, I saw them advertising Balor Club shirts though.

Top Bottom