• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fandango and Tyler Breeze are like the same guy

DMczaf

You don't want these problems

images

👽
Emoji era ? 😨

To complete the saga of Will Ospreay's adventures in TNA and to tie into Davey Richards's misleading tease about retirement, here's The Wolves vs. Will O'Spreay and Mandrews from TNA Xplosion.

I wonder if TNA has a basic grasp of English. "O'Spreay" is not pronounced "Ospreay," and you made the choice to add that extra apostrophe into the man's name. Meanwhile, we have Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards do the lowest form of pandering by painting their chests with ripped up Union Jacks because the match was taped in England and because they're Wolves. The video itself is 8:36 long, and 1:36 has already been taken up by entrances, so this is promising.

O'Spreay and Mandrews take the early advantage thanks to stereo dives that's broken by just a God awful change in cameras in the middle of the sequence. O'Spreay overshoots his dive a bit as well. Back inside the ring, and O'Spreay hits a corkscrew splash. Because this match does feature Richards and Edwards, you can expect a stupid "indiewrestling.gif" spot, which is provided by Edwards and his double headscissors on O'Spreay and Mandrews simultaneously. A stunner from the turnbuckle takes us to commercial.

Of course they managed to fit a commercial break into the middle of this already truncated match.

Back to the match, and Richards is grounding O'Spreay. Edwards cuts off O'Spreay's attempt at a tag. Richards with a leaping headbutt for no reason. I'll give Richards this much: his low snap suplex looks pretty good. and he pauses to use it as a high spot. A bit more striking from O'Spreay in this match than you would see from Will Ospreay; his somersault to avoid a kick was pretty good. An O'Spreay twisting corkscrew dive from the top gets two, but double team offense from the Wolves finishes O'Spreay.

This was a nothing dash of a match with a couple of neat spots. It's too short to amount to much, and it barely has the framework of a story down before the match has to go to a finish.

UberTag

I'd say they'll probably team together on Raw main events every now and then. Both ignoring that the crowds are booing them.
I think we'll get ONE tag team match on RAW with Cena and Reigns before Mania season kicks off at the Rumble.

It'll be during the build for Night of Champions in September.

I'll even go one better and call out the exact time and episode. On September 19th during half-time of the Eagles-Bears game.

the you cant wrestle chants are idiotic, those smarky crowds get off on these indy guys doing flippy sh*t and call that wrestling. Raw is terrible now, smarks have hijacked the show. WWE now also caters to them pretty much the main roster is all indy guys that smarks get over with because they are "good workers" and thats all they care about. So its funny when smarks complain about wwe not listening when the whole show now is basically for them. All these indy guys like AJ that are all hyped up as mega stars are so overrated. mega stars are like shawn michaels, rock, lesnar etc who have charisma.

AJ styles is an example of this he is a TNA failed experiment they did everything to make his segments entertaining by even pairing him with flair and was still vanilla as hell.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
the you cant wrestle chants are idiotic, those smarky crowds get off on these indy guys doing flippy sh*t and call that wrestling. Raw is terrible now, smarks have hijacked the show. WWE now also caters to them pretty much the main roster is all indy guys that smarks get over with because they are "good workers" and thats all they care about. So its funny when smarks complain about wwe not listening when the whole show now is basically for them. All these indy guys like AJ that are all hyped up as mega stars are so overrated. mega stars are like shawn michaels, rock, lesnar etc who have charisma.

AJ styles is an example of this he is a TNA failed experiment they did everything to make his segments entertaining by even pairing him with flair and was still vanilla as hell.

If only they would push the non-indie guys like Roman Reigns

You do realize the guy WWE is building their brand around isn't an "indy guy", and he has zero charisma, right?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
That segment was amazing. I really hope they do a second season.

Indeed. It's something that I actually have a timetable for on the network. A new E&C show is on Monday.

I enjoyed the first Camp WWE as well and I'm looking forward to new episodes. A lot was miss more than hit in that first one, but so was the E&C show for the first show.

The thing that sold me on Camp WWE was
Vince informing his legs that they're going to pay the price for giving out on him.

Striker

why?
He had many opportunities, even more than others in the company with real talent
Realistically he was never really given a shot. They hot shot him to the top of the card after beating up jobbers and the match ended with a low blow and defeat. No story progression after and he later turned heel (after losing at the following Wrestlemania). Ever since he's been just another guy like 95% of the roster. His chant was always over beside the fact.

klonere

Banned

agreed sadly Vince has scared off all the charismatic athletes who would come in from football and other combat sports with the last 10+ years of garbage ass TV in his vision, so all that talent is gone to the UFC or NFL or what have you.

Now we are just stuck with nerds like Zayn, Owens, The New Day and Dean Ambrose who are marks for business, "just happy to be there", video game playing family men instead of the drugged up, viciously competitive, wife beating, beer drinking alpha males of the past. It's a sad, sad state of affairs.

Wrestling is dead.

Angry Grimace

The US Title is the burial title right now so I wouldn't feel terribly excited that he's getting a shot at it. The guys who actually have segments on every show and angles are going after the Intercontinental Title or the WWE Title. To wit: the US title was preshow the last 3 PPVs. It was last defended on the main show at Royal Rumble.

Hell, when Rusev had it before Cena it was a garbage title until Cena specifically tried to get it. Meaning Cena didn't elevate the title outside of when he personally had it in his possession.

Wait, something is going on with Ryback? Anyone care to catch me up?

He abandoned wrestling fans. DON'T YOU DARE CHANT HIS NAME! DON'T YOU DARE!

He doesn't like his spot, asked to be sent home and not used on the shows anymore. He's done with WWE

Got front row tickets for NXT's show in Belfast for the upcoming tour. Never been to Northern Ireland so this will be two firsts for me, front row and visiting Northern Ireland.

No surprises with the BoSJ line-up, other than Volador Jr. returning and being in the same block as Ospreay & Ricochet, goddamn. Here's the blocks;

A Block: KUSHIDA, Taguchi, O'Reilly, Sydal, Romero, Gedo, BUSHI, Matt Jackson

B Block: Liger, Tiger Mask, Bobby Fish. Barretta, Nick Jackson, Ricochet, Volador Jr. & Will Ospreay

klonere

Banned
No surprises with the BoSJ line-up, other than Volador Jr. returning and being in the same block as Ospreay & Ricochet, goddamn. Here's the blocks;

A Block: KUSHIDA, Taguchi, O'Reilly, Sydal, Romero, Gedo, BUSHI, Matt Jackson

B Block: Liger, Tiger Mask, Bobby Fish. Barretta, Nick Jackson, Ricochet, Volador Jr. & Will Ospreay

Sad that there is no Kamaitachi but since he's left CMLL god knows whats happening to him. Hope he shows up for Super J Cup perhaps.

Still that aside, this lineup is crazy. I'm actually incredibly curious as to what a Gedo vs Matt Jackson match looks like.

Hearing the stooges repeat pretty much the same thing they said at Payback about Camp WWE rubbed me the wrong way... I'm sure they could've taken some time to have them say something else while giving the same info.

Oh yeah, on Payback... They of course had to show that annoying "Brock Lesnar guy" who only seems to own one shirt. Have they brought back shocked Undertaker guy yet or did he not take whatever deal they give these guys?

Guys did Emma botch that super move at the end?

I don't know about botching, it was just really... Really... Slow.

Sad that there is no Kamaitachi but since he's left CMLL god knows whats happening to him. Hope he shows up for Super J Cup perhaps.

Still that aside, this lineup is crazy. I'm actually incredibly curious as to what a Gedo vs Matt Jackson match looks like.

I always like that Gedo becomes about 10x more competent in the BoSJ, Block A isn't terribly exciting though. Kamaitachi's moved to New Jersey and is taking ROH & indie bookings, wouldn't be surprised to see him back for the J-Cup. His excursion's gone on for a long time now, needs to be brought back well.

klonere

Banned
I always like that Gedo becomes about 10x more competent in the BoSJ, Block A isn't terribly exciting though. Kamaitachi's moved to New Jersey and is taking ROH & indie bookings, wouldn't be surprised to see him back for the J-Cup. His excursion's gone on for a long time now, needs to be brought back well.

Ospreay wins BoSJ, Kamaitachi wins Super J Cup. KUSHIDA, Kamaitachi and Ospreay would be a pretty incredible foundation for a Jr. division.

pretty fun raw. making the usos out to be tough competition for anderson/gallows is so stupid though. usos were clowns like 2 weeks ago. now they're big time backup for roman. fuck that, seth da gawd please come back.

I hope AJ stays in the main event scene though when seth finally returns. he's too good not to be up there.

edit: of course it's the only option wwe has right now opposite the bullet club while the shield isn't whole yet. man i wonder how much things change when rollins is back.

Top Bottom