• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Pizoxuat

Used the Buy One Get One WWE shop promo to get Shinsuke and Bayley shirts. I am being very successful at growing up my wardrobe.

Payback's horrible booking piss you off? Then watch better wrestling! NJPW Wrestling Dontaku airs Tuesday morning, featuring...

Roppongi Vice (c) vs. Ricochet and Matt Sydal for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team titles

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, and Yoshitatsu (c) vs. Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks for the NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team titles

Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Yuji Nagata for the NEVER Openweight title

KUSHIDA (c) vs. Jushin Thunder Liger for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title

Guerrilas of Destiny vs. GBH for the IWGP Tag Team title

CHAOS vs. LIJ grudge match: Hirooki Goto vs. EVIL

CHAOS vs. LIJ grudge match: Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA

Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship

The Power of May continues with Wrestling Dontaku. The weakest match of the card is Guerrillas of Destiny vs. GBH; every other match on this card looks like it will be hot.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can we just agree to stop calling them the Bullet Club, which is a faction that still exists in Japan, and a group that was much bigger than three people?

Didn't it start as a four-man group named after Devitt and Anderson's nicknames?

Shit , you've taken this too far.
21656%20-%20Raw%20brian_pillman%20gun%20melanie_pillman%20wwf.jpg

broz0rs

They're not called Bullet Club in WWE either. They're called AJ Styles, Luke Gallows, and Karl Anderson.

That's too much typing. Can we just use Bullet Club as a placeholder until their real name gets revealed once Balor arrives?

Is there anything I need to watch in road to dontaku before watching dontaku?

Omega vs. Elgin for the IC title is really good, plus check out the Elimination match main events from the Korakuen shows. If you have time, the various tag matches between KUSHIDA/Shibata vs. Liger/Nagata are pretty fun.

You can skip Tanahashi vs. Fale.

Essential to set you up for Wrestling Dontaku?

Omega vs. Elgin for the IC title from 4/27/16, at least one of the CHAOS vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon faction tag matches to see how they're setting up SANADA vs. Okada, and the Shibata/KUSHIDA vs. Nagata/Liger tag from 4/27/16 to see Shibata and Liger go really grumpy against Shibata and KUSHIDA.

Off topic - Just got around to watching The Raid 1 and 2. I'm gonna do a LTTP thread but in short I loved The Raid but didn't care for Raid 2 all that much

I wanna try and do a marathon of the two with my BFFs this summer. They haven't seen either and I'm really excited for them to see the glory. Hope a third one's made eventually!

I loved both but liked the first one more, probably my biggest complaint about the sequel was the length

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Raid 2's corny.

Raid 1's alright but you can really tell the people who've never seen a real HK action movie before when they talk about Raid 1.

Chances we'll see Lord Sina "The Face who runs the place" Vs Roman "I'm not a bad guy, I'm not a good guy, I'm THEE guy!" "Look Strong" Reigns before Summer Slam?

Toki767

Chances we'll see Lord Sina "The Face who runs the place" Vs Roman "I'm not a bad guy, I'm not a good guy, I'm THEE guy!" "Look Strong" Reigns before Summer Slam?

I don't see why they would ever waste that match on anything that isn't WrestleMania.

KingBroly

Banned
It definitely seems like WWE's booking is ramping up, which is great, since it should provide for better crowds, word of mouth, etc.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
It definitely seems like WWE's booking is ramping up, which is great, since it should provide for better crowds, word of mouth, etc.

for every 1 shoq raw is god, 3-4 bad ones follow up to pay per views. Guarantee next week AJ will be wrestling against Del Rio for some reason and Reigns against Stroman, and the gallows anderson vs usos

Negative. If they do that match, I can't see them doing it anywhere other than Mania. It's a bigger match than Cena/Taker if only because we haven't even had it teased on TV yet

Colocho

Banned
I watched the first episode of Camp WWE and holy shit is it awful. The only redeeming part is Vince playing himself as all those exaggerated versions of himself over the years, but that's not nearly enough to save this trainwreck.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why do they say "we don't have a No. 1 contender for the IC title?" Didn't Cesaro win?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
oddly enough where does cena fit when he returns???

If his return is around the same time as Rollins, then I see him going for the US or IC title and doing his weekly open challenge.

If he's before Rollins, I could see him try to set Reigns in place as Reigns gets out of control with his arrogance and his whole "The Guy" angle. And he sets up the Rollins/Reigns match.

I honestly think that everything that happens before Rollins' return is just a placeholder. Rollins' return is going to be so white hot, I'm giddy in anticipation to hear his music. I just hope that the WWE sets it up right.

Oh man, the idea of Ryback leaving WWE to try to show off as a hoss in a world of hosses who are actually strong and not just show big is great.

Angry Grimace

I wish Cesaro would stop doing moves that go on way too long

So seeing the Youtube replays, I thought Vaudevillians did really well. I kind of like Aiden being the one brimming with the personality of a gentleman while Gotch portrays like a short tempered brute. Big Cass getting the win was cool and once he and Enzo are done as a team, I can see Big Cass being a singles star.

The last segment I would agree was done good with AJ and Roman. Hopefully that squashes all this "I respect you" crap and actually make it a feud with tension.

Angry Grimace

I don't care what you guys say Maryse is horrible at acting ad her inability to do so makes their whole act pointless.

If his return is around the same time as Rollins, then I see him going for the US or IC title and doing his weekly open challenge.

If he's before Rollins, I could see him try to set Reigns in place as Reigns gets out of control with his arrogance and his whole "The Guy" angle. And he sets up the Rollins/Reigns match.

I honestly think that everything that happens before Rollins' return is just a placeholder. Rollins' return is going to be so white hot, I'm giddy in anticipation to hear his music. I just hope that the WWE sets it up right.
I can't wait for Seth to return

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkE_HEtI0gA
and seconds later
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIGUoABUoHs

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I don't care what you guys say Maryse is horrible at acting ad her inability to do so makes their whole act pointless.

I think you're wrong. The Miz has never been better since she's come back.

Indeed. I admit that while I was a fan of Rollins, I didn't appreciate his run as the champ. I feel like a Cowboys fan where they didn't realize what they had until Romo went out for the season.

Top Bottom