• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I always see people on gaf post about how they wish they didn't have gamestop and had a nearby mom and pop store to give their business to and not get ripped off. And I wonder if those people have ever been to a mom and pop video game store because every mom and pop game store i've been to makes gamestop look like sister therese

I always see people on gaf post about how they wish they didn't have gamestop and had a nearby mom and pop store to give their business to and not get ripped off. And I wonder if those people have ever been to a mom and pop video game store because every mom and pop game store i've been to makes gamestop look like sister therese
Mom and pop stores near me always used to sell new games at a premium markup and had no qualms about ripping you off. They were definitely worse than Gamestop.

Ultratech

It's pretty hit-and-miss with some stores in my area.

Like there's a CGX in the mall that will have like "new" PS3 games for full price (so $50/60), whereas I could scoot across the road to Movie Trading Company and pick up the same thing "new" for like $20/30.

Yeah.

There is a local retro game store near me that has a lot of old stuff, and they're fairly decent on their prices compared to some other stores.
(Usually on par or better than GS depending on how old/popular the game is.)

Funny enough, we used to have like 3 Gamestops then they closed one down (I think it was effectively losing money), and the other two are clear across town from each other.

Looking for games has never been easier though since in those days, we were limited to pretty much either the big brand stores, Gamestop, or Hastings (which had shitty prices on most stuff). Or a Pawn Shop, which was a crapshoot.

I assume they all had these romantasised versions of such a store, a humble hovel with a loveable owner who'd deal out games before the release date and offer deals to his loyal shoppers.
You know instead of the much more likely charging an extra fiver to try and help make ends meet.

Welp, I went to go dig out my NES from storage to hook up to my 13" Sony Trinitron CRT TV that I just hooked up and low and behold, my PS2 was packed in there with it too. I thought I had gotten rid of it with all my other handheld systems but apparently not. Looks like I'm back in the PSX saddle.

A good deal must be in denial and angry knowing TNA could be ending in 4 months.

The TLDR version is there's an entire forum/"news" site called TNA Mecca that is dedicated to and in complete love with TNA, and they treat every negative thing as bullshit. They think the ratings are great, and they famously called the TMZ and Dave stuff about Spike pulling them bullshit right up until the last episode aired, and then when DA picked TNA up they said that's what they needed all along because Spike never promoted them and DA obviously would. They're treating the current reports the exact same way, saying the move to Wednesdays is fine and what they needed all along, and harassing Dave on Twitter and email about it.

Only reason I wouldn't call it denial is because at this point it's a lot sadder than that word is usually associated with.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Listened to Review an Impact last night because I couldn't sleep, though I did fall asleep near the end of it. Iron Mike Tenay was on color! Fave Five returned! The word bitch was used a dozen times...but between two men!

Aiii

So not worth it
One has to wonder what TNA even did to deserve such worship. They treat their talent like shit, famously underpaying them. They fire them on a whim when they get too expensive. They pushed washed up old guys ahead of TNA originals at every turn. They are straight up murdering guys that WWE wouldn't even dare to put in the ring due to overall wear and tear already breaking them and even have no problem making straight up drug addicts their biggest stars, letting WWE pay for their rehab instead of stepping up to the plate themselves. Their boss is a southern belle only using the company in an attempt to become famous, and she will literally bring the company down with her instead of selling it to ensure it survival. And then they also regularly don't pay staff and/or talent for several months, expecting them to work out of good will instead.

I'd be ashamed to champion such a company really.

Kaladin

One has to wonder what TNA even did to deserve such worship. They treat their talent like shit, famously underpaying them. They fire them on a whim when they get too expensive. They pushed washed up old guys ahead of TNA originals at every turn. They are straight up murdering guys that WWE wouldn't even dare to put in the ring due to overall wear and tear already breaking them and even have no problem making straight up drug addicts their biggest stars, letting WWE pay for their rehab instead of stepping up to the plate themselves. Their boss is a southern belle only using the company in an attempt to become famous, and she will literally bring the company down with her instead of selling it to ensure it survival. And then they also regularly don't pay staff and/or talent for several months, expecting them to work out of good will instead.

Free shows in Orlando.

They think it's lies Meltzer tells because he hates the business and especially good woman Dixie Carter, and at least 3 users have called for him to be sued for it, one of whom also openly called for his death (think he was pressured into editing that part though). I think at some point of liking TNA you either go full crazy or just lose shame.

Jamie OD

The TLDR version is there's an entire forum/"news" site called TNA Mecca that is dedicated to and in complete love with TNA, and they treat every negative thing as bullshit. They think the ratings are great, and they famously called the TMZ and Dave stuff about Spike pulling them bullshit right up until the last episode aired, and then when DA picked TNA up they said that's what they needed all along because Spike never promoted them and DA obviously would. They're treating the current reports the exact same way, saying the move to Wednesdays is fine and what they needed all along, and harassing Dave on Twitter and email about it.

Only reason I wouldn't call it denial is because at this point it's a lot sadder than that word is usually associated with.

And someone at the site very recently compared the TNA fanbase to minorities being unfairly treated by the news media.

TNA is the proverbial new girlfriend you date just to make your ex jealous. A lot of them love TNA just out of spite for WWE. It's their own ECW and they want to treat it as such.

Beacause they are insane

http://www.tnamecca.com/2015/05/the-new-n-word.html

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA puts out a decent product every week. It's biggest problems are a lack of star power, being a TV only product but with production values of a bad live touring product, and that the breakneck pace made famous by Vince Russo is still the standard; too many gimmick matches, short matches with everything crammed in, no real breaks between matches.

klonere

Banned
ugh I was meant to be heading out tonight with some friends to catch Mad Max and hit the clubs but I just feel super super shitty. Been tied to a desk for the last 7 days in a row for 9+ hours. I know I need to be getting more exercise in but when I get home I'm so drained I can't be arsed doing anything at all.

Have I got any office work bros in here to empathize?

EDIT: At least this means I'll probably watch Payback......ugh

Kaladin

I'm telling ya, most of TNA's most passionate and forgiving fan base are based in Orlando or close enough to go to their free Impact tapings and PPVs.

Hell, if you could follow a wrestling company live every week for free, wouldn't you be forgiving too?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm telling ya, most of TNA's most passionate and forgiving fan base are based in Orlando or close enough to go to their free Impact tapings and PPVs.

Hell, if you could follow a wrestling company live every week for free, wouldn't you be forgiving too?

I can watch Raw every week live for free. I could. I don't.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

That and weirdos with an irrational hate of the WWE would be my best guess. Jeff Hardy fans too.

Striker

The Cena-Rusev story has to come to a close. If Rusev wins, it doen't close the book on the angle and just means there will be a fourth consecutive damn match between those two. WWE does this a lot and it's terrible. Surely Lana is turning soon to become Kelly Kelly of the modern era, and losing causes Rusev to look pretty mild. You'd have to think where he even goes after this - a nothing feud with Orton probably.

RP912

Banned

Yeah....and no.

The one that used to be around my area called Gamesboro was awesome. I remember trading in a Wii for some PSN cards and dude was a man of his word. Hell I got Gran Turismo 1 from the place. It's a shame it went out of business though :(.

RP912

Banned
I used to love Ebay until I had a few bad experiences with them. The highlight of my Ebay shopping experience was getting a whole collection of Doug episodes on burnt dvds. Dude missed two episodes, but it was all good.

The Cena-Rusev story has to come to a close. If Rusev wins, it doen't close the book on the angle and just means there will be a fourth consecutive damn match between those two. WWE does this a lot and it's terrible. Surely Lana is turning soon to become Kelly Kelly of the modern era, and losing causes Rusev to look pretty mild. You'd have to think where he even goes after this - a nothing feud with Orton probably.
I would guess Lana turns tonight and Cena wins as well.

Sure hope Ambrose wins
lol, literally NEVER happening
. I bet 2 things will happen: Orton winning and this being the last event with Corporate Kane. I suppose it's worth watching if the latter turns out to be true.

Heroman

Banned
Sure hope Ambrose wins
lol, literally NEVER happening
. I bet 2 things will happen: Orton winning and this being the last event with Corporate Kane. I suppose it's worth watching if the latter turns out to be true.
If mic foley got a one than dean has to get it.

If mic foley got a one than dean has to get it.

Why? Mick was far more over and a bigger star in his day than Dean's ever been outside of his fall of 2014 push where this might've worked. I can see him getting it though - they've got a PPV soon enough and he would benefit from the "former WWE Champion" label.

VbYxncA.png

(I voted Dean)

Top Bottom