• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

I've been looking for a copy but apparently it's held in high regard. Only drawbacks I've heard are the lack of hefty game modes and I'm pretty sure the online is dead.

I'm buying it now, I've been told this is better than the 2K Wrestling Games. From what I saw of it on YouTube it looks great. It makes me wonder what could have been if THQ was still around.

Bullsh*t, Pescado. You know your a** is playing that on a Super Game Boy or SP. "...on my Game Boy", get out of here. With that screen?! It's doubtful you even have a physical copy. You're giving off some strong pirate vibes.

I still maintain that the Game Boy has no good original titles. Tetris and Pokemon, two bookends. The system launched with Tetris mania and closed out with Pokemania and nothing, NOTHING, in between. I'll give Nintendo credit for at least changing up their ports just enough so they're almost different games but the rest are just inferior crap that you can find better versions of on NES and SNES.

image_16.jpg

Say what you want about the system I'm playing on, but I'm not a pirate.

I've got plenty more Game Boy games and systems where those came from.

I can't say I was truly taken with any particular handheld until the DS, GBA had a good run though.

Let's not forget though that the GBC has the greatest* WWE spinoff of all time, "WWF Betrayal" where you walk the mean streets stunnering random dudes and a horde of rowdy refs backstage.

* not actually great, really quite shitty

Ultratech

Game Gear was better tho

Had some neat games but the battery life was shit.

Was forced to play mine solely on AC Power.

Shinobi GG 1 & 2 were better than just about everything on the GameBoy, as far as I'm concerned. Link's Awakening DX excluded, obviously.

Shinobi GG1 was awesome. Final Level was hard as shit though.

I didn't even know there was a GG2 until a few years ago.

GBA SP was fantastic. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow all day.

GBA had a ton of great games. DS as well.

My GBA SP and DS Lite got a ton of mileage on them.

The DS was one of my fave systems ever.

FFIII DS
FFIV DS
Fire Emblem

Good times.
Time for a fave five

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Elite Beat Agents
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Ghost Trick
Kirby Canvas Curse/Power Paintbrush

HM: Pokemon Black/White, Mario Kart DS
Went past the five count, disqualification.

Heel

It isn't a portable kideo machine if you aren't willing to be seen with it in public. That's what phones are for. #Safe

Time for a fave five

Elite Beat Agents
Ghost Trick

I think the Miles Edgeworth game is just as good as PW entries. Apollo was lame though.

It isn't a portable kideo machine if you aren't willing to be seen with it in public. That's what phones are for. #Safe
I would rather play Bubble Witch Saga 2 than more than half of 3DS/Vita games.

Time for a fave five

Elite Beat Agents
Ghost Trick

Chrono Trigger DS
Final Fantasy 3 DS
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
GTA: Chinatown Wars

dream

http://camelclutchblog.com/jbl-blogs-on-the-infamous-public-enemy-vs-acolytes-match/

There's a link to JBLs blog in that story that apparently says more, but link no longer works.

"We didn't know if we were walking into a 'shoot'" so "we decided to get our heat from the start." Sure, you fake, fraudulent tough guy. Because there was ever a threat of this being a real fight. Because you looked across the ring at these guys:
tpe_2636.jpg

and decided, "it was either them or us." You didn't "destroy them." You just cheapshotted them like you do in every "fight" you've ever had. Unless we're including the Brawl For All, which you're probably not because the one time you actually fought a man in a fair fight, you were put on your bitch ass twice in 30 seconds (which includes a standing 8 count). And I won't even get into the implications of you helping a black man jump two of your fellow white men, you unbelievable sellout.

klonere

Banned
Fire Emblem, Advanced Wars and FF: Tactics were an unbeatable trio of strategy games on the Advanced. I broke my arm for ski season one year and got an SP with those games, it was a pretty good ski season.

Apart from the bit where Marche in FFT is a gigantic bitch

klonere

Banned
"We didn't know if we were walking into a 'shoot'" so "we decided to get our heat from the start." Sure, you fake, fraudulent tough guy. Because there was ever a threat of this being a real fight. Because you looked across the ring at these guys:
tpe_2636.jpg

and decided, "it was either them or us." You didn't "destroy them." You just cheapshotted them like you do in every "fight" you've ever had. Unless we're including the Brawl For All, which you're probably not because the one time you actually fought a man in a fair fight, you were put on your bitch ass twice in 30 seconds (which includes a standing 8 count). And I won't even get into the implications of you helping a black man jump two of your fellow white men, you unbelievable sellout.

JBL is just a streetfighting guru, always one step ahead of the game. The cheapshot is the most devastating maneuver of the average street fight, don't hate.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Man, I missed out on console/handheld gaming since like 2004/2005 when I got addicted to WoW.

I had a GBA with a handful of games: FFIV, FFVI, Tales of Phantasia, Fire Emblem(the first one), and I think that's it.

I have a DS. I have: Chrono Trigger, FF III, FF IV, and Super Mario 64. I had Magical Starsign for a bit based on NeoGAF hype but it wasn't that great.

I don't have a 3DS yet I see some titles that I'd play on it. I'd like to try the Zelda Link Between Worlds, Fire Emblem, etc.

I got a PS2 near the end of its life for FFX/X-2 but I only bought 3 games for it: Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy XII, and Dragonquest VIII. I only beat Kingdom Hearts 3

Skipped out on Wii/PS3/360. I have a Wii U and 3 games: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Land 3D, Super Smash Bros. and Zelda: The Wind Waker.

I think my taste in gaming changed significantly after my Warcraft 3 / World of Warcraft addiction. If I was playing a game, it had to be with or against other people. I didn't want to be on my couch in front of the TV Playing a game. I wanted to be on my PC and accessible with the people that I played with so we could easily hop in and play together.

The real question is where the fuck's the GOAT Game Boy Advance

All my Game Boy Advance stuff is in a different bin. I've got more GBAs, GBA SPs, and Game Boy Micros than I know what to do with.

Metal Gear Babel was pretty fantastic on GBC

Ghost Babel is arguably one of my favorite Metal Gear games. Definitely top three.

Neo Geo pocket is way better than the game gear and gameboy.

I loved my NGPC. LOVED IT. I carried that around with me senior year of high school instead of my GBC. My friend and I used to play Match of the Millennium in the library during our last period. Ha ha ha.

JavyOO7

I'll be watching Payback tonight hoping that Dean wins. I know he won't, but its nice to dream about it anyway. Payback looks like crap build but decent card.

iMax

I'll be watching Payback tonight hoping that Dean wins. I know he won't, but its nice to dream about it anyway. Payback looks like crap build but decent card.

I'm hoping Roman and Dean completely batter Orton to help Seth win and bring back The Shield. Again, won't happen.
but if it does, i fucking called it

Ultratech

Link between worlds was dope

Was a pretty great game.

Despite having a 3DS, I really don't have many games for it.

I could never get into the DS for strange reasons :/. It had some good games but I was more of a PSP guy.

I was kinda the opposite. I didn't really get into the PSP until I picked up a PSP Go on the cheap a few years back.

Hell, I only just now picked up a PS3 this last Xmas, so I'm kinda playing catch-up now with stuff on there I've wanted to play for some time.

Are you guys excited for WWE Payback tonight?!??

There's a PPV tonight?

Can't say I'm excited, but I'll be around to watch it with you all.

On that note, thoughts:

-Fatal 4-Way: Honestly, I have no idea who might win this or what might happen. Should be interesting???
-Ryback/Wyatt: Zzzzz
-Cena/Rusev: RIP Rusev :(
-New Day/Tyson+Cesaro: This should at least be pretty damn entertaining. (Also I totally need to update my Kofi Clock; it's much outdated.)
-Ziggler/Sheamus: Payback over an ass-kissing match. Yup.
-Barrett/Neville: Should also be entertaining. Hopefully.
-Divas Tag Match: Uh...Who am I supposed to be rooting for again?
-"Mega" Powers/Ascension: No opinion.

Top Bottom