• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

There is something weird about a backwoods cult leader wearing obviously professionally made merch.

At least Luke Harper's weird jackets look like they are stitched together by a maniac.

dream

I'm black. I didn't think that was a racist finish.

That's precisely my point though. You don't think it was a racist finish because there's just enough plausible deniability to make it look like heels cheating to win. Wrestling fans are conditioned to not only condone, but not be able to see deplorable things because it's just "heels being heels."

Striker

At least Cesaro realized that he couldn't lift Big E in that spot and he just released him, otherwise that could end in a dangerous powerbomb.
I took it as Big E wasn't ready for it or hesitated thus the mess up. It was smart of Cesaro to let him go as he did.

Another useless ass Bray feud.

That's precisely my point though. You don't think it was a racist finish because there's just enough plausible deniability to make it look like heels cheating to win. Wrestling fans are conditioned to not only condone, but not be able to see deplorable things because it's just "heels being heels."

So it being done commonly by white men who are dressed and look a bit similar is not racist?

It actually makes sense for the leader to have nicer things.

I suppose he gets it from the same source as his nice white trousers.

Ithil

Shocked the ref from the last match hasn't rushed out to the ring saying this isn't a special guest referee match and Kofi shouldn't be wearing ref stripes.

Kaladin

I suppose he gets it from the same source as his nice white trousers.

It looked better back in the early days when Bray had no merch and he wore cheap thrift store Hawaiian shirts.

8468131d56c5c6608c8c55e994c61364.jpg

Kaladin

You know, if this was the attitude era, I would totally give you the 'cism angle on the finish.....and they would run with it too.

Top Bottom