• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

GunBR

Ok, that was a great match

- The shield moment
- The second table
- The friendly confrontation between Reigns and Ambrose

But i'm getting tired of Orton. They should make a different feud to Rollins until the fight against Lesnar in the Summerslam

Kaladin

That was a great match, but a weak as hell pedigree.

So what is next for Seth Rollins?

Despite Kane and J&J, he kind of won that match clean.

So...what now?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cena/Rusev was great. People can throw in the towel in I quit matches, it's one of the time tested ways to end it. Don't get why people are complaining, oh that's right, because golden boy John Cena wins and his reign of terror in the mid card continues.

Stardust-Truth can fuck off. Axelmania and Mandow is such a horrible team. It's like a low-budget indy doing the lowest-budget impression of Hogan and Savage. Sheamus-Dolph was good-ish at times, but really hurt by the commentary. Blood was something different though. Tag title match was a lot of fun. Ryback vs. Bray sucked. Cena vs. Rusev sucked a bit less, but wasn't good. Ditto the divas tag match. Neville-Barrett wasn't much. Main event was easily the best match on the show. Sure, Seth winning with the pedigree, and a bad one, wasn't good in theory - but it sets up the future well. They've been teasing Seth vs. HHH and it's now clear that's the plan for Summerslam.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/05/wwe-payback-2015.html

Screens -

Kickoff -
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/y5boruppo2qcilw7trrktrygtku9gu0f

Payback screens -
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/9lyv508dij2jijvk8phv71lx088yddln

I hope all of that wasn't the supposed payoff for the moderately long term booking of the Kane/Rollins saga, what a waste of the big red mystery.
Fun match excusing the shoddy pedigree finish.

Can't believe it's been two WWE PPVs in a row where the tag team title match stole the show for me, almost makes me make the mistake of believing the division may amount to something.

RP912

Banned
So the pedigree and curb stomp are both moves where you drive the opponents face into the mat, why is only one of them banned?

I dunno...the pedigree looks kind of safe to me.
triple-h-best-pedigree-o.gif

Cena/Rusev was great. People can throw in the towel in I quit matches, it's one of the time tested ways to end it. Don't get why people are complaining, oh that's right, because golden boy John Cena wins and his reign of terror in the mid card continues.

Damn near everyone was calling that match garbage LONG before Cena won

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I liked that match, it was decent. I think the Tag Team Match(for the most part) and this were the good ones of the night

I really don't get it either. Curb stomp looks like an easy move to take and hard to danger botch. Maybe the whole American History X connotation? Dunno.

16BitNova

That was a great match, but a weak as hell pedigree.

So what is next for Seth Rollins?

Despite Kane and J&J, he kind of won that match clean.

So...what now?

Well the next PPV is in only 2 weeks. So it can't be something with too big of a build. It'll probably be all these guys in the elimination chamber with another 2 guys added in.

Recall

Well the next PPV is in only 2 weeks. So it can't be something with too big of a build. It'll probably be all these guys in the elimination chamber with another 2 guys added in.

Elimination Chamber is not a PPV

It was a house show turned into a "special" event.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and

Cena already threw in the towel prior when he was unable to even respond to the ref.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The worst part of the I Quit match is the ref constantly asking nonstop. Honestly no need to even have the ref out there. Have the actual guys hold the mic and ask. Ref can sit in the damn chair at ringside because theres technically nothing else he should be doing in the match.

Owzers

Only match i liked was the last one, I was waiting for them to replay the finisher because I wanted to see if it was as poorly done as I originally thought but they were wise and didn't do so. Did anyone get a gif of that?

Amory

I'm really glad Ambrose was in the title match and looked like he belongs. That dude deserves so much better than he's gotten

Toki767

Only match i liked was the last one, I was waiting for them to replay the finisher because I wanted to see if it was as poorly done as I originally thought but they were wise and didn't do so. Did anyone get a gif of that?

Rollins doesn't hook the arms high enough (or Orton is just horrible at getting his arms above his back).

It honestly looked like how HHH pedigrees Big Show.

Top Bottom