• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Hasney

Seems like most WWE Network special events are FREE these days.
Is June going to be a free month for new subscribers as well?

Every month is free for new subscribers just like Netflix 30 days free trial. The know reason they do it like this is so they don't give away Wrestlemania or the Rumble.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want Cena to reach that Dungeon of Doom level and have a He-Man esque Rogues gallery to fight weekly.

I'd start watching Raw for that. Finn Balor can be Skeletor.

DMczaf

10854959_10152717919526682_628919929133464794_o.jpg

Xater

Saw some Twitter impressions this morning that made it sound like there was some alright stuff on Payback. Worth watching?

Hasney

Oh sweet, his podcasts with Heyman have been awesome anyway and neither of them filter themselves just because they're on WWE programming.

Think my sub ends sometime in June so perfectly timed.

Aiii

So not worth it
John Cena pretending the steps are super heavy will never not be funny.

I mean, I'm not super weak, but hardly even a fraction as strong as John Cena and I carried a fridge for quite a long time this morning with ease and I'm sure the steps weigh less than that.

I mean, it's not like you can't see they're aluminium or anything, why pretend they're even remotely heavy? At the very least, they should put a sheet at the bottom so you can't see they're hollow, that would help with the illusion.

Browny

Banned
Someone needs to photoshop Aii walking by with a fridge looking disappointingly at Punk.

Here's a starting point:

463_3wjjuxmtjs.jpg

Turns out googling 'man carrying fridge' is quite entertaining.

From reading the results, doesn't sound as though I need to go out of my way to watch Payback. Some top-level Kane bullshit interference again...

Rollins is beconing a really boring champion. Not as dull as Lesnar (who never existed for most of the time), but as long as The Authority exists, he'll continue being dull. Not his fault, he's great. I just wish he wasn't HHH's representative.

Aiii

So not worth it

As good as this gif is, I wish it had been from the front instead of the back of Punk so you couldn't see it was just stuck instead of heavy.

---

Also, "Tony the Fridge" has a sponsored fridge backpack:
2634605.jpg

A CHARITY fundraiser who ran 40 marathons in 40 days with a 42 kilo fridge strapped to his back has learned he was running with a broken leg.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne...ge_ran_30_marathons_with_a_broken_leg/?ref=ms

What a champ!

I appreciate Cesaro bailing on that double underhook powerbomb instead of dropping Big E on his head trying to play it off.

I wonder if the milk is a coincidence or if they're referencing the same episode of Chappelle's Show they did the "5 greatest Tag Teams of All Time" bit from.

tumblr_mf3fpxiygi1rkxcqho1_400.gif

tumblr_m13oi4SOIN1qa9yvvo1_500.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
The crowd is helping the main be a lot of fun. Shield reunion was perfect. Seth trying to bro them together was awesome.

Those guys are so great together.

It also illustrated perfectly how much WWE needs to reshift its focus to their fresh faces instead of the old tired ones. Moving Cena out of the main event picture did wonders for Cena, too. But even now, everything in the main event that wasn't Randy Orton or Kane was GREAT.

Older talent has their place on the card, but it shouldn't be in the main event. Put them in the role that Cena has, he's elevating a midcard title and a bunch of midcarders in the process and he genuinely seems like he's having fun. Hell, even the crowd is on-board.

Anyways, point is, I want my Ambrose vs. Reigns vs. Rollins 3-month feud now please.

jmdajr

Tag match and Main Event were fun.

Rusev worked hard even though ending looked ridiculous. Great selling/faces.

Ryback put in some work too.

Top Bottom