• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

jmdajr

LTgzrjP.jpg

Nice

UberTag

You know, it amazes me that most people don't understand, it's not reigns we loath (well I do, but that is purely a personal opinion, I just can't stand his attitude.) It's the booking that will come with him.
Frankly, I hate all blatantly telegraphed booking that ruins suspense.
Whether it's surrounding Reigns or anyone else.

Like, I have zero interest in the Money in the Bank special now whereas I could have potentially had some interest had they kept their cards close to their chest and worried about telling their story after the fact.

They could have sold us on a match that featured Owens, Zayn, Neville, a mystery opponent (Balor), Barrett, Rusev and Wyatt and it could have been exciting as fuck. But now?

giphy.gif

The other problem with Roman is that I find him impossible to cheer for... improved performance in the ring or not.

Sephzilla

Brock should come out during the MITB match, destroy everyone. Have Heyman climb the ladder.

"LETS DO THIS"-cashed in and reclaims the Throne

Someone like Bo Dallas somehow wins MITB, is about to celebrate, Lesnar's music hits, Brock comes out, F5's Bo, walks away with the briefcase.

Toki767

All that time WWE tries to spend to make people think Reigns isn't the corporate backed chosen one and they pull stuff like what they did on Raw advertising his return to Smackdown (even though he was on the show last week) after being gone for 24 hours.

They're still shoving the guy down our throats. Just not at the speed they were during the start of the year.

UberTag

So many wrestling fans in the UK and Canada.

Why don't they do a PPV there? Is it a currency exchange thing?

Hell this is coming from an American.
They used to do PPVs in Canada... but then Carl Demarco left and now they don't.
So the good people of Corpus Christi get them instead.

The UK used to get their own exclusive PPVs as well (albeit ones like Insurrextion that didn't typically advance storylines). Not sure who left that screwed them over.

Mizerman

Frankly, I hate all blatantly telegraphed booking that ruins suspense.
Whether it's surrounding Reigns or anyone else.

Like, I have zero interest in the Money in the Bank special now whereas I could have potentially had some interest had they kept their cards close to their chest and worried about telling their story after the fact.

They could have sold us on a match that featured Owens, Zayn, Neville, a mystery opponent (Balor), Barrett, Rusev and Wyatt and it could have been exciting as fuck. But now?

giphy.gif

The other problem with Roman is that I find him impossible to cheer for... improved performance in the ring or not.

Can't say I disagree. From what I've seen so far, Reigns has shown improvement in the ring...but there's nothing about his character that I can root for.

If I can't sympathize or cheer for the supposed hero, then why should I care about the challenges they face?

imBask

Banned
I forgot my headphones at home and i'm using earbuds for the day, haven't done that in years.

I can't understand how anyone could prefer earbuds, everything about earbuds SUCK.

jmdajr

She's like halcyon days Britney even ripping off her video ideas like Toxic. At least she writes her own stuff. Supposedly anyway.

Hopefully she won't have a nervous breakdown and age like 100 years in 5.

Listen Ben 10 given that we live on a sphere with multiple timezones it is midnight just now somewhere. Ja? Ja.

The only time is MY TIME *Pedigree*

I forgot my headphones at home and i'm using earbuds for the day, haven't done that in years.

I can't understand how anyone could prefer earbuds, everything about earbuds SUCK.

Earbuds are ass. Welcome your new Bluetooth headphone overlords

Top Bottom