• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Fox318

I still find it nuts that people won't advertise on wrestling.

There is a key male demographic and the viewers almost always return to the product.

The rep can't be that bad plus people are spending money to go to the shows.

Heroman

Banned

There is a key male demographic and the viewers almost always return to the product.

I feel that beer company would be a huge advertiser of the wwe but since wwe wants to be pg they won't do it.

imBask

Banned

you spend too much time around here or on the internet, the majority of people out there still think wrassling is for retarded neckbeard menchildren

but they're crying about the end of American Idol.

KissVibes

Banned
Was Bret Hart putting El Dandy over or was he picking him cause he thinks he sucks? I never understood that and didn't follow WCW if it wasn't Booker T, Jericho, Jushin, or Eddie related.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was Bret Hart putting El Dandy over or was he picking him cause he thinks he sucks? I never understood that and didn't follow WCW if it wasn't Booker T, Jericho, Jushin, or Eddie related.

He wanted an easy win because WCW Bret Hart always complained about pulling his hamstring. Mean Gene called him out on it and Bret was like 'what? no, i consider el dandy a serious wrestler' even though it was obvious he didn't.

If he was putting over a cruiserweight he would have picked Mysterio or Ultimo or Kidman(lol)

Fox318

you spend too much time around here or on the internet, the majority of people out there still think wrassling is for retarded neckbeard menchildren

but they're crying about the end of American Idol.

Its fine that people think that but it does't change the fact that they have consistent ratings and get 0 ad money from it.

Look at TNA.

I don't believe that Scott Stiner has million to bet.

I bet he would have plenty in the bank.

Dude made $$$$ during the later years at WCW like a lot of the top guys did.

He is a crazy person but I dont think he has the expensive addictions a lot of the other guys had.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, Itami got junk earlier for not standing out in NXT until recently but at least he had that Tyler Breeze feud and you got to see him develop and get more and more personality

I feel like Finn has been all flash and no substance. Despite everyone being critical of Baron Corbin, I could levy the same complaint against Devitt in NXT. 'Look how cool this guy looks.' 'why is he cool?' '...Look at how cool he looks! PRESENCE! AURA!'

Sephzilla

Except that Finn has shown a deeper moveset than anything Corbin has done.

I actually agree though that the comparison is valid. It's just that Finn's flash is much better than Corbins.

Sephzilla

but Balor has the worst finisher in NXT next to Mojo

The top rope double stomp? Nah, that finisher is fine.

Mojo's finisher, Itami's non-GTS finisher, and the End of Days are all worse. I'd also say Charlotte's finisher is worse too just because it's way too situation specific.

imBask

Banned
yes the Coup De Grace, it looks terrible and I hate it

End of days looks good, or at least way better than that stupid stomp

Sephzilla

End of Days is stupid as fuck because the person delivering the move takes a bigger bump than the person who's supposed to be receiving the attack.

imBask

Banned
End of Days is stupid as fuck because the person delivering the move takes a bigger bump than the person who's supposed to be receiving the attack.

yeah but it makes a lot of noise and it moves fast, it LOOKS good

the stomp looks stupid and fake and it's bad

I love slams and superkicks

The feeling is that wrestling fans are, on the whole, very low income and tend to not support anything except wrestling. Its like how Spike tried to use TNA as support for programming that should attract young men. The only thing it ever worked for was Bellator. So basically unless you're trying to promote MMA wrestling isn't a good option.

imBask

Banned
FAV FIVE WWE FINISHERS OF ALL TIME

1- F5
2- Sweet Chin Music
3- Pedigree
4- Sharpshooter
5- Razor's edge

HONORABLE MENTION : Rock Bottom

imBask

Banned
if the End of Days looks dumb because "he takes a bigger bump than the other guy", the RKO falls in that same category, it's real dumb

jmdajr

chinesetheatres_therock.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's pro wrestling. You need some theatrics to your finisher to build up anticipation without dragging on too long. ESPECIALLY in the WWE style of wrestling(well, before they decided kicking out of finishers=5 star match multiplier)

Kaladin

RKO is great when it's out of nowhere....and he can be inventive with it.

F5 is great because it's a move that has so much force behind it, even when it's early in the match.

I also love powerbomb finishers because they're a great visual as the person is laid out after.

Sephzilla

F5 is a fantastic finisher because with a lightweight person you can throw someone for fucking miles and with a heavyweight it looks impressive just by factor of being able to do it.

Fave Five Finishers
  1. Stone Cold Stunner
  2. F5
  3. Sharpshooter
  4. Sweet Chin Music
  5. Razor's Edge

Top Bottom