• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

kiguel182

Unless its some grossly big visual downgrade like Dark Souls 2, i think complaints are a bit unwarranted.

How is Witcher 3 by the way?

Especially since Witcher 3 looks amazing either way. And it's not so much the complaining but how they do it. Like calling the devs bastards or scum. Just embarrassing.

Meanwhile I'm playing the game and having a great time, while they type angrily in a forum about some graphics thing I don't care about.

Can't wait to play it. Unfortunately exams and other spendings will prevent this for a while. Ugh.

Alucard

Banned
People screaming "downgrade" and calling devs "lying scum" because they changed rendering engines since the original one apparently didn't work in an open world.

This for a game that everybody agrees is awesome.

People are jerks I'm assuming it's the take away from here.

Meanwhile I'm playing the game and having a great time, while they type angrily in a forum about some graphics thing I don't care about.

Goddamn spoiled kids. Back in my day, we played Tomb Raider on the PSX at like 20 frames per second, and by gawd we loved it.

XenoRaven

Care to elaborate?
Witcher 3 came out this week, and the graphics aren't as good as the initial reveal, which happens for like nearly every other game in existence and has for over a decade. Some people freaked the fuck out, so the developers explained what happened, and there are people who are still crying about it.

I get not everyone is going to like what I like. But what's the point in me reading a forum if I have to wade through a bunch of petty shit talk just to read about something I'm interested in?

It's like people can't just enjoy stuff for what it is. People want to cry about how this "AAA" mindset is killing the industry, but when a smaller dev with a smaller budget isn't able to reasonably deliver the best fucking graphics in video game history, they throw a fit like a bunch of goddamned babies.

Witcher 3 came out this week, and the graphics aren't as good as the initial reveal, which happens for like nearly every other game in existence and has for over a decade. Some people freaked the fuck out, so the developers explained what happened, and there are people who are still crying about it.

I get not everyone is going to like what I like. But what's the point in me reading a forum if I have to wade through a bunch of petty shit talk just to read about something I'm interested in?

It's like people can't just enjoy stuff for what it is. People want to cry about how this "AAA" mindset is killing the industry, but when a smaller dev with a smaller budget isn't able to reasonably deliver the best fucking graphics in video game history, they throw a fit like a bunch of goddamned babies.

PC Master Race stay winning.

Gaming side can stick it, brother.

klonere

Banned
The downgrade stuff seems like a gigantic pile of manbabies crying about what is killing AAA gaming, fidelity over all to the detriment of everything else.

Reading it have me like

qpYB80f.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Even downgraded, Witcher 3 is probably among the 5 or 6 best looking games out right now. Only games I would say look unquestionably better are The Order, Driveclub and AC: Unity and Unity runs like shit.

Does Witcher 3's combat suck just like the other games or is it actually good now? I'm tempted to grab the PS4 copy

The combat sucks, doesn't meant you shouldn't buy it though.

XenoRaven

Is the combat more like Skyrim or Bloodborne?
I mentioned Batman because it's more like Batman, just not as good.

It's more about the characters, world, the story, and your impact on it than anything else. Combat isn't the game's strong suit, and doesn't need to be.

I haven't gotten that far in Witcher 3, but in the other Witcher games, they make good on the promises that BioWare always makes and doesn't deliver on. Your choices have a dramatic impact on the world and the story and they don't just boil down to "good guy choice", "bad guy choice", "neutral choice".

Edit: This is probably unnecessarily harsh on BioWare, since I really do like their games.

XenoRaven

All this shit talk about 1,000 year old demons, and then I find out Kitana, Jade, Mileena, and Sindel from Mortal Kombat are all thousands of years old. I guess it's OK when it's an American made game on home consoles.

kiguel182

What's the chance of NXT starting to record this special events outside of full sail?

The thought of a bigger crowd for the Enzo Amore entrance always makes me excited.

Aiii

So not worth it
All this shit talk about 1,000 year old demons, and then I find out Kitana, Jade, Mileena, and Sindel from Mortal Kombat are all thousands of years old. I guess it's OK when it's an American made game on home consoles.

It's not the 1000 year old demons part that's the problem, even in Japanese games :D

feels ;_;

I think I like 2 better than 1. 2 started off slower but that ride to the end was such a rush.

2 was such a goddamn mindfuck.

RE: 1000 year old demons: Japan games seem to put underage girls in some real fucked up scenarios anyway. Even mainstream ones like Street Fighter and DOA!

This will be nice and relevant once more come E3.
Well it's always relevant on gaming side unfortunately but doubly so in a few weeks.

dream

Even downgraded, Witcher 3 is probably among the 5 or 6 best looking games out right now. Only games I would say look unquestionably better are The Order, Driveclub and AC: Unity and Unity runs like shit.

The combat sucks, doesn't meant you shouldn't buy it though.

Do you still get collectible cards of the people you have sex with so you can masturbate to them at your convenience?

kiguel182

This will be nice and relevant once more come E3.
Well it's always relevant on gaming side unfortunately but doubly so in a few weeks.

It's not just gaming side.

Some posters here are guilty of the same and just makes trying to have actual conversations about stuff very hard. Complaining non end and generally being disrespectful is just something that needs to be ignored.

klonere

Banned
I think they'll try it at least once

All the outside shows have sounded amazing so I'm sure they are working to get a fully produced one as a good proof of concept that the show can tour well.

I've been super excited from all the reports from the shows, can't wait till Tye Dillinger debuts his new gimmick and we see more Jason Jordan.

Fox318

People screaming "downgrade" and calling devs "lying scum" because they changed rendering engines since the original one apparently didn't work in an open world.

This for a game that everybody agrees is awesome.

People are jerks I'm assuming it's the take away from here.

Those people are idiots.
CDPR has been one of the best devs for years.

Heel

How is Witcher 3 by the way?

Well, I'm a few hours in. I've collected roughly 100 flowers and can't afford bread. Console movement controls feel like they could be a lot more refined, though I guess that's something you can get used to.

With that said, it's pretty great.

"The Sasha is ratchet, no she's not chants" are the most that remind me of the Impact zone. We are supposed to be watching this impressive contest but what we get are crowd reactions not worthy of a divas match. Why should The E try to showcase the woman where their hardcore audience is no better than the average crowd they complain about?

"The Sasha is ratchet, no she's not chants" are the most that remind me of the Impact zone. We are supposed to be watching this impressive contest but what we get are crowd reactions not worthy of a divas match. Why should The E try to showcase the woman where their hardcore audience is no better than the average crowd they complain about?

sasha-not-ratchet1.png

jmdajr

WWE should buy TNA library so they can have those low point segments for their WWE docs.

Not like it will cost them more than 5 bucks.

jmdajr

Lol. Remember Halo2 E3 demo? man those were the days.

Top Bottom