• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

This is crazy , might draw a bigger house than TNA

Wrestle-1, the Japanese promotion owned by Keiji Muto and now run by Sanshiro Takagi, is doing a five date East Coast tour late this months with APWA out of West Virginia.

We had reported a few months ago on the tour but they officially announced these dates today:

6/23 in Philadelphia at the 2300 Arena

6/25 in Belle Vernon, PA at the Rostraver Ice Arena

6/26 in Parkersburg, WV

6/27 in Shelby, NC at the site of the old Crockett TV tapings

6/28 in Atlanta

Tickets go on sale at the 2300 Arena tomorrow for the first show.

That IC Title match really was one of the most amazingly awful matches in a long, long time. It really throws into stark relief how little ANY of the mid-card matters when there is not even a small scrap of compelling story one can tell with any of them. Hell, I LOVE heel Sheamus, but unless they decide to push him as a main event heel, for whatever reason, the dude is a man without a country because him feuding with Dolph and Neville endlessly gets old incredibly fast.

And these are all guys that have been at or near the top of the card, too. I don't think any match has ever highlighted what the modern philosophy of "Make sure nobody is really over but the WWE, itself" truly means.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What kind of response are you looking for? She's improved greatly in the ring since her return from injury. She went from being shitty to being legit.

All the 'model' divas, save Rosa, improved greatly in the ring merely from being in the ring more regularly. Where was all of Aksana or Foxx's praise and multiple title reigns?

The only thing they need to do to the current state of the divas division is kill it off until they want to look at it seriously. Not turn it into The Bella division, no one has gained anything from working with Nikki. Just as every other diva/womens champion in WWE since Mickie had it.

s6o2oA3.png

goodnight russomaniacs who don't know a burial when you bury a buried burial marx

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And what the hell do you do with a Cena midcard reign and a Ryback midcard reign at the same time? Ryback isn't going to be able to stack up. Shit's going to be boring as fuck and just felt like 'eh here give him a title since he's never had one' instead of giving it to Midget Crusher Sheamus.
Did Owens REALLY PIN Cena tonight?

It wasn't a triple threat so no

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wait a minute.... I know what you do with a Ryback IC title reign
tumblr_nc5iuetLge1si9kpgo2_500.gif

Holy shit, just realized the divas match was a shoot tonight. Nikki Strong Style.

Also explains why Paige looked like shit tonight.

Paige is absolutely terrible.

One of these apologists are probably going to blame Naomi for Paige almost breaking her own damn neck tonight. Learn to take a bump, boo boo.

Can't wait to see this with Sasha.

All the 'model' divas, save Rosa, improved greatly in the ring merely from being in the ring more regularly. Where was all of Aksana or Foxx's praise and multiple title reigns?

The only thing they need to do to the current state of the divas division is kill it off until they want to look at it seriously. Not turn it into The Bella division, no one has gained anything from working with Nikki. Just as every other diva/womens champion in WWE since Mickie had it.
Queen Foxy was heavily praised and no clue why she didn't get a title shot other the Divas division being mainly focused on Paige and AJ. What was gained from from anyone working with them?

Can't wait to see this with Sasha.
I don't care for her now, so my tune won't change.

As great of a match as that was the way Cena takes that power bomb just kept annoying me, I know at this point he's pretty beat up and shit but fuck, stop blatantly landing like that! It's made even worse by the insistence of using that camera making it so blatant. I don't look forward to Owens losing the next two or three rematches in a row.

I skipped the "no fucks given" match for the IC title and yeah, that women's triple threat is horrible from what I saw of it, botch city.

MC Safety

The best part of that pay per view was the Spinal Tap moment with Sheamus and the pod until it was revealed Sheamus had pinned the door shut.

The worst part of the pay per view was when all the wrestlers waited patiently underneath the top of the cage so the Lucha Dragon could drop on them.

Recall

It was a one match PPV, which seems to be a theme this year.

I love how WrassleGaf is supposed to be this all knowing place yet is impressed by nothing.

If you were in Austin TX tonight, you'd have seen Inspire Pro Pure Prestige Champ Keith Lee do a DELAYED, WALK-OUT "tower of doom" into a Spirit Bomb on Thomas Shire and Mr. B...

nsWYyLD.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Fuck this fucking finish to this fucking PPV.

Everything's ruined.

Except Kevin Owens, who shouldn't lose another match for two more years to build to Lesnar vs. Owens at Mania in 2017.

Though I do like a good belt-stealing angle.

Read all the impressions here on EC and the shit that got my attention the most is the people shitting on the Owens match barely ten minutes in saying it's boring and that he sucks. Dude stepped it up last night and killed it with a bunch of moves I rarely see. His springboard moonsault got a great reaction from my friends that barely watch wrestling and thought they wouldn't see a move like that from a guy his size. I thought the even overall was a 8 out of ten due to how fun the tag team EC match was and the main event but Holy fuck was the IC title match horrendous. Easily one of the worst matches of the year. Everyone looked like they didn't know what they were doing and all around sloppy,especially Henry who made it look like it was his debut match. They actually have my attention to watch raw to see where they go with the world title now. When Ambrose got the three count my friend and I marked out so damn hard because I was naive and didn't see the swerve coming.

Gonzalez

Banned
I really hate these annual multi-man matches that aren't the Royal Rumble. They remind me so much of why I dislike company wide comic events that either stall a storyline, or include characters that nobody really gives a shit about just to waste the readers time. I liked it better when it was used to sometimes settle a culmination of feuds.

Top Bottom