• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Khrno

Remember when they kept saying Brodus would be on Raw next week and he didn't show for months?

They aired two Sin Cara return vignettes last week... Just saying.

You got a point, however Brodus Clay was a running joke by Vince and the writers.

Sin Cara means no money not being on TV.

I'm very welcome, good work KOG.

I actually wanted to watch SD this week because of Sin Cara
I should hope we all do.

Anyone taking bets on botching the return? Well it is Smackdown....they could pull one over on us. I'm sure the sports entertainment reporters here will keep me informed though.
But those reports will be tainted with anti-Cara propaganda.

Smackdown feuds are like anime filler. Just skip em. The good stuff will always be shown in flashbacks recaps on later story arcs Raw anyway.
This is a surprisingly apt comparison. Though this week the filler looks to be better than the canon story.

Aiii

So not worth it
Smackdown feuds are like anime filler. Just skip em. The good stuff will always be shown in flashbacks recaps on later story arcs Raw anyway.

Ah yes, but Smackdown, much like filler, often focusses on the more popular b-stars of the show, which makes it way less stale then the same old main char going through the exact same arc every two years.

Khrno

Maybe until Bryan moved onto Punk, before that there was always something new happening on SD between him and AJ. Even now just last week they had Bryan embracing the hate.

CYAjG.gif

krae_man

I'd love a Brock/Punk feud that has Heyman involved. Obviously Brock has HHH next and probably at Summerslam. Brock goes over and they build to Punk/Brock at Survivor Series as Punk tries to reach the 1-year mark as champion. Could go a lot of different ways there then, including Brock winning and carrying the gold into Wrestlemania to face Rock.

Cena is facing The Rock(c) for the WWE title and winning at next years 'Mania. You can guarantee it.

G-Fex

Ah yes, but Smackdown, much like filler, often focusses on the more popular b-stars of the show, which makes it way less stale then the same old main char goung through the exact same arc every two years.

everytime I tune into Smackdown it's the worst fucking Smackdown ever.

I doubt that shit will change if I tune in this friday.

SD sucks. It always sucked.

Ah yes, but Smackdown, much like filler, often focusses on the more popular b-stars of the show, which akes it way less stale then the same old main char goung through the exact same arc every two years.

Cena is basically the main character of a shounen manga, he even gets the heels that turn face to become begrudging friends with him like Orton and Punk.

Ah yes, but Smackdown, much like filler, often focusses on the more popular b-stars of the show, which makes it way less stale then the same old main char going through the exact same arc every two years.

Ah yes, but filler, much like Smackdown, often doesn't matter in the long run and characters brought into the main canon become shells of their former self forced to bow down to the long running hero of the show.

Maybe until Bryan moved onto Punk, before that there was always something new happening on SD between him and AJ. Even now just last week they had Bryan embracing the hate.

One guy does not a good show make. Nor does one feud unless it encompasses the entire roster.

I found Raw to be how someone described Big Show earlier, completely inoffensive. It existed and could have been way worse. Also, like the Big Show, it's so easy to mock how can you not?

krae_man

You know Cena is winning the rematch. You know the Rock said he wants the WWE title. What else could possibly happen?*

*WWE panics and puts the title on Cena before Mania Jobbing Brock some more. Having Cena go in as champion and retain. Which is you know the stupider way to go.

Don't really get why people claim Punk is a sellout. He literally said he wanted to be on the merchandise, programs and what not. Now he's selling the shirts, is on the programs and even on the cover of the video game, it is exactly what he claimed he wanted.

He's a sellout because he's going against everything he said in his promo last year. He's now best friends with Cena and defending his honor instead of promoting his own match, he's doing those shitty cheesy jokes and insults just like Cena(toolbox or dry heaving anyone?), and he's turned against the fans that liked him before on twitter that say anything bad about the company. His min ring work has gotten sloppier too.

No wonder RAW is boring sometimes, it gets as boring as that DBZ show
At least we don't get multiple episodes of Raw that involve Cena powering himself up with no other content, actually that usually sums up Raw as well. I guess the power up payoff is the ppv. His new t-shirts are like his next power level being reached.

I found Raw to be how someone described Big Show earlier, completely inoffensive. It existed and could have been way worse. Also, like the Big Show, it's so easy to mock how can you not?
Hey that was me!

http://i.imgur.com/xEcGa.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Woah, the blink actually surprised me there.

[quote="maxxpower, post: 38307957"]Let's start a betting pool, how many times do you think Sin Cara will botch this Friday? Or do you think he'll injure himself again?[/QUOTE]
He will not botch at all, his time off has refreshed him and he has studied the WWE style and adapted it to his own, if i'm wrong i'll botch my hat.

G-Fex

I'm sure Cena was powering up at one point during a show.

Don't make fun of Heath Slater, he's going to be the next big thing.

I walk like Heath Slater too.

Cena powered up ON CAMERA in a freakin intense as hell close up. C'mon doods, keep up with the storylines.

vzqzu.gif

If that's not increasing power levels, I don't know what is. This whole company is copying 20 year old anime. Christ.

G-Fex

I think Mr. Laurenitis should let out some evil ninjas or something and then they're lead by Big Show and then John Cena goes ITS CENA TIME and then him and R-truth and Kofi Kingston and CM Punk all team up and beat up the bad guys and fight off Big Show and then Laurenitis and Eve and Otunga leave on a submarine and then Cena and the gang get on the RAW Wagon and track down the EVIL Mr. John Laurenitis.

Cena powered up ON CAMERA in a freakin intense as hell close up. C'mon doods, keep up with the storylines.

All it's missing is the "taking a dump" grunting and the actual unleashing of his hidden dangerous power.
But Cena has his hate under control which sucks for us.

edit: hmm should have paid more attention, well deal with double the Cena grimacing.

Aiii

So not worth it
zykIN.gif

http://wrestlingwithtext.com/my-brief-and-uninsightful-recap/vol-66-wwe-raw-2012-5-28q

And...

Best: AJ Punk

Okay, three lay-ups.

If Punk is set on being the new Macho Man, he needs an Elizabeth. Daniel Bryan is an asexual vegan pro-wres machine so he doesn’t need her, but Punk is at least as famous for headboard-notching Divas as he is for that terrible tribute elbow drop, so pairing him with AJ as a crazy, less “abused in real life” Miss Elizabeth is choice. She can contribute to his matches (see the upcoming Kane “Best”), she gains 1000% more notoriety being the second to the most Internet popular guy in the company, she’s athletic enough to get mixed up in the action without having to stand on the apron and show her underwear AND it gets her on TV on the reg. That’s a win in every direction.

Also, if the girl is into cosplay you might as well let her dress up like wrestlers. Sad we never got AJ in burgundy trunks. As far as WWE Diva CM Punk cosplay goes, you will always be in second place.
http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/05/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-52812

rvd2kewl

You know Cena is winning the rematch. You know the Rock said he wants the WWE title. What else could possibly happen?*

*WWE panics and puts the title on Cena before Mania Jobbing Brock some more. Having Cena go in as champion and retain. Which is you know the stupider way to go.

Even taking all that into consideration, you can still do a Brock/Punk program for the title at Survivor Series (with Heyman involved). Brock doesn't need to win the championship to stay hot.

Just off the top of my head:

Brock beats HHH at Summerslam and Punk continues to get closer to reaching that one-year mark as champion at Survivor Series. There's one big match for a "Big 4" PPV. They meet at Survivor Series and Brock flips out during the match and gets DQ'd. Whatever he does, it causes him to be "suspended" and he's once again the man that's "Too Violent For WWE." Heyman appears on WWE TV in the weeks that follow as the mouthpiece for Brock. You can't threaten lawsuits or anything like that because they're already doing that. You can have Heyman make threats that Brock will take people out until he's reinstated and gets what is rightfully his, the WWE title. Maybe have a couple shows where Brock hops the rail and destroys a midcard talent, or his just does it outside of the arena. Then one night on Raw, Heyman is out there running his mouth and says there's nobody that can stop the animal Brock Lesnar from becoming the WWE Champion and Taker's music hits, he appears, and Tombstones Paul Heyman. Suddenly you have a hot program with Taker/Lesnar and Lesnar is out of the title mix.

A million ways to go with it. Just rattling a few off the top of my head that could lead to some good stuff going into Mania next year. Brock/Rock for the title would be huge, but so would Taker/Brock in a regular match and you still have the title available for something involving Cena/Rock/Punk.

Aiii

So not worth it
He's losing it at NWO to Bryan via a Pinfall on Kane and not getting it back until the iron man match at summerslam.

Top Bottom