• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Kaladin

zWFSP.png

this is what we are subjected to. disgusting.

At least he no longer has back hair.

dream

I saw him do the kung fu gestures Muta used to do and it was so goofy and awkward that I'm almost positive Lord Tensai is meant to be a comedy character a la Great Khali and Funkasaurus Rex.

UberTag

So is Lord Tensai supposed to be a comedy character or is he meant to be taken seriously?
Is anything in the WWE truly MEANT to be taken seriously? I mean, really... this guy is going to be the star of The Marine 3...

The-Miz-wwe-superstar-5.jpg

And this guy is the United States Champion...

miss-wrestlemania-battle-royal.jpg

dream

I'm of the opinion that The Marin3 could really rehab Miz and give him a tougher edge to his character.

I saw him do the kung fu gestures Muta used to do and it was so goofy and awkward that I'm almost positive Lord Tensai is meant to be a comedy character a la Great Khali and Funkasaurus Rex.

No, unfortunately it's meant to be entirely serious - I'm usually all for adding a bit of character where it's necessary, but the Tensai gimmick is just ridiculous. I don't know what's worse, the gestures he does, the weabo Japanese phrases or the goofy-ass writing on his head (which Cole keeps insisting on calling a tattoo when everyone can see it rubbing off).

dream

They could have just brought him back as Giant Bernard and told the truth about his run in Japan without tacking on all the goofy shit...

I thought it was hilarious how they tried to pass off Miz as a legit killer when he should've been the chicken-shit heel the entire time. Oddly enough, the guys who can pass as killers get the chicken-shit heel routine.

UberTag

They could have just brought him back as Giant Bernard and told the truth about his run in Japan without tacking on all the goofy shit...
Vince McMahon knows better.
The evil foreigner angle always plays well in the sticks.

I thought it was hilarious how they tried to pass off Miz as a legit killer when he should've been the chicken-shit heel the entire time. Oddly enough, the guys who can pass as killers get the chicken-shit heel routine.
That entire angle over the summer where the Awesome Truth were portrayed as violent outsider renegades was just awful.

Big Red Sexy doesn't swing that way.
The Great Khali, on the other hand...

thelegendofbtkaliandsan.jpg

That would have been ideal, but you know how Vince hates mentioning anything outside of his precious WWE Universe.

Instead of all this "he trained in Japan, adopted their customs and learnt the way of the warrior" shit, they should have just said "he dominated the biggest wrestling promotion in Japan, holding the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team titles for an unprecedented 564 days" and then let him cut his big, angry, crazy guy promos he got so good at over there.

dream

Or, god, just bring him back as a white guy who dominated Japan a la Brody or Terry Gordy or Big Van Vader or Stan hansen.

Guys the wait is over. Here's my second match managing. Now a few notes, I had an opening promo that wasn't recorded here but there is a little mike stuff at the front that went okay. I liked my open a bit more. I believe someone else got it and will be posting that at some point.

My guy is super green and so am I. My guy is B-Rabbit and is wrestling in black. I'm "The Golden Boy B-Arthur". His opponent is Brandon Groom who's been squashed by Koslov and someone else at a house show so there's that.

Feel free to skip till about 5 minutes in. There's a lot of stuff I want to work with my guy on but I think the end is pretty darned entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlhBcQXT93A

http://i.minus.com/iifR16yiSUZFU.gif/img][/QUOTE]

Full show doesn't sound bad.

May 10th spoilers

[spoiler]May 10 IMPACT Episode

-Bobby Roode comes to the ring and brags about how he will soon be the longest reigning TNA World Champion in history. Rob Van Dam, then Mr. Anderson and then Jeff Hardy all come to the ring and attack Roode. There is also some infighting between Anderson and Hardy as well. Hulk Hogan announces a 4-Way Match tonight with the winner getting something special. If Anderson or Hardy win they take RVD's spot on Sunday. If Roode wins then he chooses his opponent on Sunday. If RVD wins then he gets to pick the stipulation for Sunday's match.

-Brooke Tessmacher defeated Velvet Sky. After the match, Tessmacher was attacked by Gail Kim.

-We are about to get Matt Morgan vs Crimson when Bully Ray attacked Morgan on his way to the ring. He attacks Morgan with a chair resulting in him having to be stretchered out. Crimson forces the referee to Count Morgan out which means he is still undefeated.

-Austin Aries defeated Zema Ion to retain the X Division Title.

-Kazarian and Daniels came to the ring and called out AJ to admit his secret. AJ eventually came out but didn't admit anything saying there wasn't anything on him. Daniels and Kazarian then revealed a series of photos one of which was AJ Styles and Dixie Carter kissing. The segment ended with AJ in shock.

-Devon beat Robbie E to retain the TV Title. After the match Robbie T attacked Devon.

-Joseph Park comes to the ring and talks about his search for his brother. He calls out Bully Ray who obliges. Park has a few words for Ray but ends up eating a punch ending the segment.

-Rob Van Dam defeated Bobby Roode, Mr. Anderson and Jeff Hardy in a Fatal 4-Way Match. Afterwards he pulled out a Ladder indicating a Ladder Match at Sacrifice. As RVD was posing on top of the ladder, flames shot out of the stage and Abyss returned. He spoke on the mic about how his little brother shouldn't play with fire or else he would get burned.[/spoiler]

UberTag

I don't understand why they don't put a mask on him if they're gonna do that.
Repackaging a recognizable WWE guy as an evil foreigner and giving him a mask. You mean to Sultanify the Giant Bernard?
Love Lawler putting him over as having his tongue cut off by militants to justify the headgear. Hysterical!

jmdajr

Guys the wait is over. Here's my second match managing. Now a few notes, I had an opening promo that wasn't recorded here but there is a little mike stuff at the front that went okay. I liked my open a bit more. I believe someone else got it and will be posting that at some point.

My guy is super green and so am I. My guy is B-Rabbit and is wrestling in black. I'm "The Golden Boy B-Arthur". His opponent is Brandon Groom who's been squashed by Koslov and someone else at a house show so there's that.

Feel free to skip till about 5 minutes in. There's a lot of stuff I want to work with my guy on but I think the end is pretty darned entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlhBcQXT93A

ATOMIC DROP! Don't see that too much these days.

Top Bottom