• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Well damn, you probably just laid out the angle for me. Now I know what to FFx4. Thanks, man.
It'll probably be way worse than what you're expecting. I won't say I told you so......yes I will.

This is so absurd it just might work. If it still happened 5 years from now, I'd laugh a hearty laugh.
Every single match for five damn years. I would laugh every time, lol.

sincara-point.jpg

So the work was to CONVINCE the other talent that John Cena should win? So even though Cena is always there and the cash cow the talent had enough sense to see how big the Brock angle could be? Why would the boys want one of their own to lose to a part timer? Says even more about Cena if true. This is hilarious, Vince is doing anything in his power to make Cena get cheers, and apparently he is using the same script in his own locker room. Everyone really is sick of Cena! Except Vince of course, and thats all that matters!

"The 4/30 edition of Raw did a 3.3 rating, with 4,880,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.41 and 3.27. Hour one did 223,000 more viewers than hour two. "

Brock left the building and took the audience with him?

UberTag

I honestly think in every single Kane match, Ryder should jump out of nowhere and attack Kane, only for Kane to totally no sell it. Every match, he would come up with some new ingenious fashion for him to do so. Dress up as a fan, jump out of a door, go from under the ring, etc. It would be hilarious.
It's been done.

Rose.jpg

That's right. Pete Rose was the original Zack Ryder. They should team up to slay the Kane demon.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
"The 4/30 edition of Raw did a 3.3 rating, with 4,880,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.41 and 3.27. Hour one did 223,000 more viewers than hour two. "

Brock left the building and took the audience with him?
This is what happens when you wait too long to bring out the Kane segment. People probably thought he wasn't going to be on, at all.

Sound like Looney tunes stuff, I expect Ryder to have crazy contraptions that backfire each time, doesn't seem too unlikely considering this is a thing that actually happened.
And it would guarantee Ryder a job with the company.

It's been done.

Rose.jpg

That's right. Pete Rose was the original Zack Ryder.
Rose inspired Ryder's career, but that was only one match a year. I'm talking every single damn match. The funny thing will be that Kane never really acknowledges Ryder in promos or anything.

RBH

During Monday's Raw broadcast, WWE's Spanish announce team announced that Sin Cara is scheduled for the Smackdown brand's Mexico tour May 24-26. Sin Cara, who has been off TV since November rehabbing a knee injury, could return to TV prior to the Mexico tour, but those are his first advertised dates.
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_60954.shtml

Christian is advertised for the Smackdown taping. However, he was advertised for last week's Smackdown taping and did not appear. WWE could be saving his TV return for this week after Extreme Rules.
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_60958.shtml

The company tried to get out word Monday that he'd quit, I guess hoping various websites would report it so everyone would be surprised when he walked out on Raw. Unfortunately, they did a poor job getting the info out, particularly since by the time most of us heard it, we'd also heard that Brock was, in fact, in the building and scheduled to do the show.
Things like this still make me laugh. How hard is it to get "word out" on the internet???

I kind of feel that if you're the kind of person who gets upset about Ryder falling back into obscurity then you're just the type to whine about pretty much anything. The bigger travesty was that they ever made Ryder a focus in the first place.

Bowser

The company tried to get out word Monday that he'd quit, I guess hoping various websites would report it so everyone would be surprised when he walked out on Raw. Unfortunately, they did a poor job getting the info out, particularly since by the time most of us heard it, we'd also heard that Brock was, in fact, in the building and scheduled to do the show.

ibj1RrbuXaq1xb.gif

Just caught up on the thread. Skimmed over the Lesner/Cena aftermath.
what the shit
Work or not, this whole thing seems like a clusterfuck. I mean, pretty much everyone involved either did or might have possibly done things that led to everything about the feud being lackluster, save the actual match. It's nuts.

doesn't matter if you don't have a nielson box

I remember reading somewhere that TiVo (and other DVRs, although it varies) recordings were accepted by the Nielsen Company, but advertisers have been keeping the results from being used in ads and press releases. Only other thing you can do without a Nielsen box is to write down your viewing habits, but that almost never changes the results in time to matter. For a company that makes or breaks entire networks, it seems that the Nielsen Company has a very sloppy method of extrapolating ratings.

I always believed that Vince's big man fetish is because he is secretly gay. (I'm not saying this as a joke or to be offensive)

...that's not what I was thinking, but I always thought that Vince had some sort of additional interest in pushing so many buff wrestlers. I always figured it was a tendency to project. But he goes through so many of them in such a short amount of time that now I'm left wondering.

How great would it be if you guys get all worked up and hyped over Bryan vs Punk and then Punk beats him in 7 seconds?

Hi-larious. Oh wait, I mean that would be terrible.

I think people said they were tired and are discussing the reasons they are tired/fed up with John Cena.

I'd lend my support to recommending CHIKARA as an alternative to watch. PG Wrestling done correctly.

Before I started lurking WrassleGAF, I was locked in an internal struggle between washing my hands with WWE (again) and staying around to see whether or not the company would ever just have a massive purge. But with the occasional discussion of Japanese pro wrestling and indie feds in the thread, and my new-found ability to afford iPPVs, I've had an easier time watching this stuff; whenever I see something really dumb, I just look for a match that's considered to be good, for contrast and to cleanse my mind of the former. Heck, Heel's description of MMA has convinced me to check out a smidgen of UFC next week (can't do it this week, I've got guests to entertain.)

On a side note, I want to thank posters like Bobo, Bootaaay, dream, RBH and the other regulars of WrassleGAF who post vids and info in the OTs. I appreciate it, and I think that most of the other posters do, too.

I think it's time for me to try and get into something other than WWE to be honest

Bootaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay where's a good place to start?

Edit: confirmed Shannon Moore hates Brock

Kyoufu

Shannon Moore is a guy? A wrestler?

I thought it was some random soccer mom viewer complaining. :lol

edit: this is too confusing

UberTag

And I thought you guys were marks.
You know what's scary? Those soccer moms, redneck hillbillies, little Jimmies and other marks that think wrestling is real & unscripted and that John Cena is a superhero... OUTNUMBER US.

I'm surprised there isn't a weekly podcast entirely devoted to openly mocking & poking fun at things WWE fans post on YouTube, tweet and send in to WWE's Facebook page.

Top Bottom