• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

GQman2121

Banned
Wait....are you doing an Art Donovan gimmick?

.....anyway, War Games, if it will happen, would be at the WWE's next PPV (Battleground).

I've from Baltimore, so I who Art Donovan is, but I have no idea what you're referencing.

And I thought perhaps they were using the actual War Games two ring gimmick. But I guess not.

krae_man

What. Sponsored trends are different and marked as such. WWE doesn't do sponsored trends.

You're fooling yourself.

-When WWE first noticed twitter existed and actively tried to trend they got like 7 of the top 10 trends one night. They didn't trend again for weeks because twitter put in a "LOL nice try guys if you want to trend you gotta pay" filter. They didn't start trending again until they inked a deal with Twitter to promote Wrestlemania 27.

-There's the taped shows they announce #1 worldwide trends

-There was that random RVD pro weed blog that trended for no reason during a Raw

-The #1 trends are always the exact hashtags WWE wants

You're fooling yourself.

-When WWE first noticed twitter existed and actively tried to trend they got like 7 of the top 10 trends one night. They didn't trend again for weeks because twitter put in a "LOL nice try guys if you want to trend you gotta pay" filter. They didn't start trending again until they inked a deal with Twitter to promote Wrestlemania 27.

-There was that random RVD pro weed blog that trended for no reason during a Raw

I always like conspiracy with my wrestling. Got any more?

BomkiPtCMAA8vQE.png:large

I granted Bronson-Lee a wish. I'm basically John Cena.

Vylash

You're fooling yourself.

Dude, if it's a sponsored trend then it's clearly marked as such, none of the WWE tweets are ever marked as such, this is over

krae_man

I always like conspiracy with my wrestling. Got any more?

I'm not wrong about them not trending for weeks after they first started. The only stuff that trended was random crap that snuck through the filter like CM Punk calling Kevin Nash super shredder Anal Bleeding. None of the stuff WWE wanted to trend like #Raw, #PPV name, #Cenaisawesomebuyhismerch or whatever.

The RVD trend was filled with nothing other then people tweeting "LOL why is this trending"

WWE pays for their trends.

UberTag

It's fun seeing people argue against the obvious "Twitter trends are paid for" logic from krae_man.

Anyone want to get #SkinnyJeansSellOut #BigDave trending tonight?

If all the trends are paid for, then what is the point of even having "Sponsored Trends"? Why not just act like they are all legit as opposed to only pointing out that certain ones are paid for?

atomsk

Party Pooper
actually keeping the app up for once... and Hornswoggle keeps calling the backstage interview guy Pettengill, is cracking me up

Top Bottom