• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

Beefy

maxresdefault.jpg

Which ones blue?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Unlike Rock's other numerous box office failures, Baywatch was produced by his own production company so he's got a lot more riding on it then normal, hence why he's losing his shit.

Recall

I never liked the Emerald Frosion as Misawa's final desperation move. It never had the impact it needed to be truly feared like Kobashi's Burning Hammer did.

I remember when Samoa Joe hit his Island Driver on Misawa and the crowd laughed as it was Misawa's move. Joe was never invited back to NOAH after that.

Pretty much any move that looks like it's a significant blow to the head or neck should've stayed protected and sold as a potential and almost certain finish and the move dangerous the move or spot in a match the more it should be the finish because then where the fuck do you go from there? The DDT being turned into a transition move in the late 90s fucking killed me.

The over use of closed fist punches get on my nerves as well though for other but similar reasons but especially because hitting someone with a dozen punches to the face but not leaving a single mark kills it. I miss when they were supposed to be against the rules back when wrestling actually rules to adhere to. Say what you want about Bill Watts (fuck Bill Watts) but the idea of banning moves from the top rope and throwing guys over the top lead to DQs, as stupid as it was, still managed to garner heat for heels when they'd break those rules.

Recall

Can I say I'm fucking so glad the phase of shiny plastic bin bag pants on Indy guys has fell to the side lines.

From 1999 until 2012 it was the the hot thing it seemed. Hayabusa / Sabu themed. Super Dragon, Ric Blade and Sick Nick Mondo forerunners of the Indy Generation look.

klonere

Banned
Can I say I'm fucking so glad the phase of shiny plastic bin bag pants on Indy guys has fell to the side lines.

From 1999 until 2012 it was the the hot thing it seemed. Hayabusa / Sabu themed. Super Dragon, Ric Blade and Sick Nick Mondo forerunners of the Indy Generation look.

You missed the new wave of old man whining about indie gear: kick pads. Whine about kick pads and you'll fit right in.

Doesn't WWE have a loose ties with ICW and Progress?

Will Dar bring Alicia Fox with him?

They do, but they've never sent guys to wrestle there. The most they've done is send Finn to cut a promo, and that was only because they had to pull Foley from a that ICW show.

Maybe once they get ICW and Progress on the Network, they'll send more guys to work there?

Recall

You missed the new wave of old man whining about indie gear: kick pads. Whine about kick pads and you'll fit right in.

But AJ Styles rocked them bad boys in 2003 too.

If you're going to kick a lot then kick pads make sense. Baggy sabu pants do not.

Syder

WWE are just too deep in the hole with this Paige movie.

They're probably going to rush production, cut corners and quietly release it with very little fanfare.

klonere

Banned
But AJ Styles rocked them bad boys in 2003 too.

If you're going to kick a lot then kick pads make sense. Baggy sabu pants do not.

I really hate the baggy pants, the only guy I've even vaguely liked them on was Marufuji back when he kinda rocked them.

Sabu was fine too I guess?

Strax

WWE are just too deep in the hole with this Paige movie.

They're probably going to rush production, cut corners and quietly release it with very little fanfare.

WWE doesn't have enough power on the production end to rush production or cut corners. They are like 3rd or 4th on the production totem pole

Top Bottom