• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

On the last Demo Derby episode on Giant Bomb they were playing a demo of WCW Mayhem, and Brad who doesn't know a lot about wrestling said "WCW was the good wrestling right?"

KEEP PUTTING WCW OVER BROTHER DUDES

Dub
See
Dub?

uOC3k8u.gif

I don't think it's fair to lump wrestling fans into one big group like it is to lump Giant Bomb fans into one group.

The people that watch Raw every week are different than the ones calling Renee some nasty shit because she's with Dean.

Folks who watch Giant Bomb content are different than the ones who act really weird when it comes to the crew, all creepy like.

There are varying degrees to all of this

I don't think it's fair to lump wrestling fans into one big group like it is to lump Giant Bomb fans into one group.

The people that watch Raw every week are different than the ones calling Renee some nasty shit because she's with Dean.

Folks who watch Giant Bomb content are different than the ones who act really weird when it comes to the crew, all creepy like.

And then there's me with my 27 t-shirts...

Mahonay

Banned

Very true.

I've first hand witnessed the near unbearable level of awkwardness and cringeness with GB fans at PAX East multiple times. It's pretty bad.

On the docket so far for tomorrow:

Day 3:

Semi Final:
Travis Banks vs Zack Sabre Jr
Semi Final:
Tyler Bate vs Matt Riddle
Mark Haskins vs Trent Seven - Submissions Match
PROGRESS Championship: Pete Dunne vs
Jeff Cobb
Roy Johnson's Wasteman Challenge
Women's Championship #1 Contender: Kay Lee Ray vs Katey Harvey
Final

Probably a loser's scramble in there too maybe?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's certainly debatable... I mean what's the closest thing to Gamergate in wrestling fandom

You sucked Cena

Gaming is more acceptable but the bottom ring of gaming is far worse than any other medium. Look at all the shitty youtubers that turned out to be racist manchildren.

Mahonay

Banned
I know 1 pro wrestling fan out of my RL friends. Whenever we start talking wrestling people just leave us alone because we are losers.

I have tons of friends that love video games and like to talk about them in public settings, and you'll gave strangers interject with their own thoughts. You sure as fuck don't get that with wrestling in 2017.

Games have been normalized. Wrestling has gone the opposite direction and is 90 percent niche.

Is it weird that some of the coolest people I've met on forums have been the folks from the wrestling threads? Here for example. Or am I just fucked up and that's the kind of people I get along with?

Mahonay

Banned
You sucked Cena

Gaming is more acceptable but the bottom ring of gaming is far worse than any other medium. Look at all the shitty youtubers that turned out to be racist manchildren.
Yeah for sure, but the bottom rung of wrestling fans are awful scum too, they just don't have YouTube/Twitch stars like gaming does.

Day 3:

Semi Final:
Semi Final:
Jeff Cobb
Final

Praying for
SEBASTIAN~!
to answer the challenge.

You sucked Cena

Yeah I agree I think from the outside gaming is more respectable but from within the actual communities my god... put it this way I don't see The Observer or The LAW completely firing basically their entire staff in order to become the voice of WrestlingGate... Fuck The Escapist.

Put it this way wrestling didn't make Milo famous.

Mahonay

Banned
Is it weird that some of the coolest people I've met on forums have been the folks from the wrestling threads? Here for example. Or am I just fucked up and that's the kind of people I get along with?
Nah same thing I've noticed too. It makes no sense but this is the most logical and forward thinking section of GAF I frequent by far.

Recall

There is highly produced video game content made by fans on YouTube etc

Wrestling fans have nothing except shitty 14th generation VHS rips. Where are all the cool HD video montages?

At least we have a great selection of podcasts.

Heroman

Banned
I know 1 pro wrestling fan out of my RL friends. Whenever we start talking wrestling people just leave us alone because we are losers.

I have tons of friends that love video games and like to talk about them in public settings, and you'll gave strangers interject with their own thoughts. You sure as fuck don't get that with wrestling in 2017.

Games gave been normalized. Wrestling has gone the opposite direction and is 90 percent niche.
But there is nothing embarrassing about being a wreslting fan. Like I'm not ashamed of the fact I like fake grapple sports

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
if the Japanese/Mexican deathmatch wrestlers would sell their shit over here I'd wear that. Garbage wrestlers in Japan, for whatever reason, have the absolute best style.
DAu40cWUIAAgoBa.jpg

DApfbHUXUAAuxES.jpg

Anth0ny

who would want to watch a movie about paiges white trash carny family that no one has heard of outside of .1% of the UK

It's a really weird idea. There's about 100000 biopics about wrestlers that would be more interesting and a bigger draw.

He should buy the rights to that Vince biopic

Day 3:

Semi Final:
Semi Final:
Jeff Cobb
Final

Pete Dunne vs.
Jeff Cobb

tenor.gif

Top Bottom