• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds is testing Crab Sandwiches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
All you can eat dungeness crab. My house.

IMG_0971JPG_nyodo7t8c0.jpg

IMG_0977JPG_79a9kw8t89.jpg

IMG_0975JPG_l0tll2xujt.jpg

Blue crab > Dungeness crab

I don't even trust McDonald's Mayonnaise, shellfish is out of the question.

Imitation Crab - Krab
I have never seen an imitation crab outside of the grocery isle. Is it produced meat free like tofu or is it a real animal? Maybe it's a large crawfish dressed up like a 🦀 Crab

I have never seen an imitation crab outside of the grocery isle. Is it produced meat free like tofu or is it a real animal? Maybe it's a large crawfish dressed up like a 🦀 Crab

"Crab sticks, krab sticks, imitation crab meat or seafood sticks are a form of kamaboko, a processed seafood made of starch and finely pulverized white fish (surimi), shaped and cured to resemble the leg meat of snow crab or Japanese spider crab."

Cheap Sushi paces use this in their CA rolls. It pretty prevalent in LA.

I like McDonalds as a place to go to at 3:00 in the morning when I'm not entirely sober and need something that slightly resembles food.

This looks like the kind of thing that would make me projectile vomit in that situation.

antibolo

Banned
I don't know why places have to drown fucking everything in salt. I really don't get it. Yeah salt is good, but it has to be right. There's so much fast food I avoid largely because of how damned salty it is.

...call me salty, I guess.

Salt is the cheap and lazy way to bring out taste in food. Fast food would be even more bland and tasteless without it.

OmegaFax

This looks like a case of the confetti shits. I wouldn't try one of these things unless I cleared the rest of my afternoon.

Boogie9IGN

I had one for lunch and it was shitty.
OXVPzSE.jpg

Tasted like a tuna sandwich with a hint of crab. Definitely not worth the $9.75 I paid for JUST the sandwich (meal would've been around $12) and it's only about as big as a Naked Chicken Chalupa from TB (maybe even a bit smaller)

I was left feeling hungry, unsatisfied, and sad ):

OXVPzSE.jpg

Tasted like a tuna sandwich with a hint of crab. Definitely not worth the $9.75 I paid for JUST the sandwich (meal would've been around $12) and it's only about as big as a Naked Chicken Chalupa from TB (maybe even a bit smaller)

Is that sad, pale blob at the bottom of the sandwich supposed to be tomato?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
OXVPzSE.jpg

Excuse me you paid how much

Poppy

good god you got scammed, i feel legitimately bad for you paying a sawbuck for that sad thing

Boogie9IGN

good god you got scammed, i feel legitimately bad for you paying a sawbuck for that sad thing

The only thing that makes me feel better is that someone left their all-day parking permit at the pay station at school so I pretty much broke even lol

$9.75???!!! McDonald's is getting waaaaaayyyy above their station if they think they can charge that much for anything on their menu. Is everything on the McDonald's menu insane in the San Francisco area price-wise or just this?

Kenclops

Banned
OXVPzSE.jpg

Okay, that's just downright disgusting.

Clydefrog

OXVPzSE.jpg

holy fuck

Fuchsdh

You know, I have a sneaking suspicion they aren't trying to bring crabs to places like the East Coast where people regularly eat them because they know people who have had good crab will instantly cotton on to this being terrible. Cheap seafood is a lot less forgiving than cheap meat. And those prices are into "real sandwich" territory.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
OXVPzSE.jpg

I'll still try it

How about this? Crab mac and cheese.

IMG_0978JPG_rd79lcy773.jpg
That looks pretty good to me :O

Also just a heads up, when you post pictures, it's usually a good idea to put the pictures in quotes to keep them resized to a more manageable size. Folks can still click on the picture to resize it to the full size.

Poppy

i'm not trying to be big time gordon ramsay here or anything but your food presentation is total junk and that doesnt look appetizing to me

ReAxion

You know, I have a sneaking suspicion they aren't trying to bring crabs to places like the East Coast where people regularly eat them because they know people who have had good crab will instantly cotton on to this being terrible. Cheap seafood is a lot less forgiving than cheap meat. And those prices are into "real sandwich" territory.

well they shouldn't have chosen the bay area, they should get the hell away from the coasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom