• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

me=owned... Killzone rocks!

DSN2K

playing the demo right now..

I must admit I was very wrong, game is mighty impressive. Animation and the graphics are just fantastic.

totally shocked. :O

I would risk even saying first impressions are better then Halo first impressions ;)

DSN2K said:

I must admit I was very wrong, game is mighty impressive. Animation and the graphics are just fantastic.

I would risk even saying first impressions are better then Halo first impressions ;)

You see kids, that's why you don't use drugs.

B E N K E

Killzone is more of a Brute Force killer in my mind. Of course, you don't score any point for killing the dead, but Killzone is what Brute Force should have been.

Dead

well not really...yet
DSN2K said:

I somewhat agree. The game looks fantastic, and the wartime atmosphere is incredible. BIg surprise for me and pretty much a definite buy when it comes out

Neo_ZX

I dunno... this game looks like it has potential but the environments look to be the same shit over and over. War torn battlescapes and smoke filled skies. That can get just as repetitive as Halo's library *shudders*

I haven't seen the a lot of the game so maybe the later levels change. Hopefully. Doesn't seem like there's any recoil either along with pretty generic looking non-random muzzle flash.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
If they can REALLLLLLLLY polish it up from that stand-alone demo and also refrain from using scenarios like that awful trench mission, it could turn out to be solid. The atmosphere and art direction is solid and it feels pretty decent...

The slowdown is just too much, though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
B E N K E said:
Killzone is more of a Brute Force killer in my mind. Of course, you don't score any point for killing the dead, but Killzone is what Brute Force should have been.

So Killzone is a third person shooter with 4-player split screen or link co-op? :p

Killzone is pretty good. Not amazing, but it's better than a lot of first-person shooters I've played recently. Don't ever compare it to Halo, or Halo 2, because it plays nothing like it. Killzone is closer to Call of Duty than Halo.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Doesn't seem like there's any recoil either along with pretty generic looking non-random muzzle flash.
There's definitely recoil, I have seen that much. It depends which character you pick (how strong he/she is) and how heavy a weapon you're firing

Vashu

Killzone isn't a <insert other FPS games' name> killer, nor does it try to be. It just builds upon, and tries to extend, a genre which has been 'redefined' constantly, according to a lot of media. Like Halo, it's an FPS game with it's own set of pace, it's own atmosphere and it's own identity. Now, I myself started playing FPS games ever since we got Wolfenstein 3D, and after that, it's sequel Spear of Destiny, and as the years went by I played almost every 'big' FPS game there was.

So anyway, Killzone is a great game in itself, it succeeds, at least that's what I think, in presenting a dark and gritty future where battles are fought in the same way they were in WWI and WWII. It's a very good FPS for the PS2, and every FPS-fan with a PS2 should get it, not only because it's a game worth having and playing, but because you support Guerrilla Games, the pride of our Gaming-Country (not, I'm Dutch too :p), at the same time! :p

Axsider

Banned
DSN2K said:

I told you, buddy! KILLZONE is an awesome game. GOTY2004 for me!
A MUST-HAVE!

DeadStar said:
I somewhat agree. The game looks fantastic, and the wartime atmosphere is incredible. BIg surprise for me and pretty much a definite buy when it comes out
The atmosphere in KILLZONE kills every game right now. It`s incredible!

Neo_ZX said:
I dunno... this game looks like it has potential but the environments look to be the same shit over and over. War torn battlescapes and smoke filled skies. That can get just as repetitive as Halo's library *shudders*

I haven't seen the a lot of the game so maybe the later levels change. Hopefully. Doesn't seem like there's any recoil either along with pretty generic looking non-random muzzle flash.
Buddy, what are you smoking? The enviroments being the same over and over again??
Yeah, you HAVEN'T seen a lot of the game:

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

... I can`t find a pic of the jungle-level... and there are some more "areas" (spoiler-alert) later in the game!
Same enviroments? Nope!!

dark10x said:
The slowdown is just too much, though.

They fixed the slowdown problem in the review-version. Just in very brutal, action-packed moments, with a lot going on ... you can see a little slowdown. Happened one time!

Scoot said:
17 fps AWESOME.

....Halo 2 IS TEH SUPA-GAME for you, right?!

So, finally: Damn, if you like action games with a deep/incredible atmosphere, an awesome story and background-story, and fantastic charas.... play KILLZONE!
Great game!

Little hint: Watch the intro of Killzone..... my god! OMG! FUC*** AWESOME!!

And so:
B00020LZAW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

KZwerbung.jpg

kill8.jpg

:D

Oh, and one more thing. Here is a "little impression" of the final review-version. Read it! It`s really good:
http://killzone.ng-gamer.nl/article.php?id=30

m0dus said:
Isn't that a bit like saying,

"I have a striking and controversial opinion about a topic!

...but I don't really care either way . . ."

o.0

No I dont normally post about games I dont care about but I've been following Killzone for a while. Hoping it would deliver where Halo fell short. I didn't like the demo though.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm not big on FPS games at all, but I've been feeling an itch for a decent console FPS, and have been heavily considering Call of Duty or some of the Medal of Honor games.

I actually have this game preordered, and if it turns out good AND scratches this particular itch, well, that's just fine and dandy in my book!

Falch

Seems like I'l have to get the UK OPM2 ASAP, for the Killzone demo.

That poster with german writing on it is great. The combination of text and picture is just creepy.

Vashu

Falch said:
That poster with german writing on it is great. The combination of text and picture is just creepy.

Yeah, that is a great poster for the German-marketing campaign. By the way, why do I have the words 'viral-marketing' in my head when I see the post made by Axsider? Just kidding though.

What's funny, the creator's implemented some random Dutch-like words on the ingame posters (found in the mall) which sometimes translate to weird and funny combinations. Like: 'Vanille' Fla, and 'Gewoon op je bek gerost'. Vanilla speaks for itself, and Vla, I kinda forgot the word for that... Must be the same...

Gewoon op je bek gerost comes down to: Smacked in your face like that! Well, pretty basically then. Another was 22nd International Cabbage Congres and Broken Nose... They speak for themselves :p

Axsider

Banned
Vashu said:
By the way, why do I have the words 'viral-marketing' in my head when I see the post made by Axsider? Just kidding though.
;-) No, buddy! I read a lot KILLZONE-bashin' from some Halo-Fanboys, so it looked like KILLZONE would be a bad game.... and that's fu***** unfair. It is a MUST-HAVE and it deserves attention!
That's it! Play it! Belive me,.... you will love it!

Falch

What's funny, the creator's implemented some random Dutch-like words on the ingame posters (found in the mall) which sometimes translate to weird and funny combinations. Like: 'Vanille' Fla, and 'Gewoon op je bek gerost'. Vanilla speaks for itself, and Vla, I kinda forgot the word for that... Must be the same... Gewoon op je bek gerost comes down to: Smacked in your face like that! Well, pretty basically then. Another was 22nd International Cabbage Congres and Broken Nose... They speak for themselves :p

hehe, can't wait to read them. :) "Gewoon op je bek gerost" haha. Finally a game we Dutch won't have to be ashamed of. *thinks of all the crap games Davilex has produced throughout the years :( *.

"Im glad Killzone doesnt feature purple and pink spaceships."

53 shades of gray and brown instead to enjoy.

Renting Killzone. No expectations either way. Where can you get the demo?

Also I believe Call of Duty will be the better console FPS game between the two, so you might want to check that out too before plunking some cash down.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Axsider. You MUST work for Guerilla or Sony. Right? Tone down the enthusiasm JUST A BIT and your credibility will sky rocket. :D

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Mejilan said:
Axsider. You MUST work for Guerilla or Sony. Right? Tone down the enthusiasm JUST A BIT and your credibility will sky rocket. :D

IBTN. Killzone will be fine for what it is, it's always harmed in the publicity dept. by people claiming more than it will probably deliver. You can say that about most games, but this one especially.

Forsete

CrimsonSkies said:
"Im glad Killzone doesnt feature purple and pink spaceships."

53 shades of gray and brown instead to enjoy.

Well at least grey is a nice colour, unlike pink. A whole level set in pink.. Ouch. :D

Forsete said:
Im glad Killzone doesnt feature purple and pink spaceships. :)

You missed the point of Halo! It's clearly an story about the console war between the X-Nauts and the Nintendrones. The purple represents the Gamecube you see, and Master Chief being green is an X-Box.

MrparisSM

Banned
Axsider you do realize you owned yourself with those pics? The graphics look absolutely horrible. That blurry repetitive mess has nothing on Halo 2. And where's the variety that you were speaking of? Stay off the drugs my friend. :)

Ranger X

Killzone deserves much more love. I playead again today and the graphics are as nice as it can get, the atmosphere is there, the sound is there. There's some minor framerate problems but nothing to kill the feel. My only complain so far would maybe be in the sentitiveness of the right analog. I can't get as accurate as i would want so far with my firing. But believe me, it's again just a small flaw that isn't bothering much.
If you're not a Halo2 douche bag or if you don't have an Xbox, Killzone is your game.

Forsete

Mr. Lemming said:
You missed the point of Halo! It's clearly an story about the console war between the X-Nauts and the Nintendrones. The purple represents the Gamecube you see, and Master Chief being green is an X-Box.
:D Clever.

How anyone can say Killzone has bad graphics I can&#8217;t understand. Maybe it&#8217;s the shades of their goggles that prohibit them from seeing anything else? :)

Its a very nice looking game, definitely one of the best looking FPS games on consoles.

Axsider

Banned
m0dus said:
Much the "halo killer" stuff, it seems, was retracted shortly after its unveiling. More than likely because the devs probably got tired of the comparison, and don't want to seem like they're screaming "ME TOO!" at the top of their lungs. either way, it would really be best to stop calling it an "anything" killer, because that gives it expectations it really can't (and shouldn't have to attempt to) fullfill, and let it stand on its own as a good game.
True

Hmmm.... I'm guessing either 9th or... maybe... 10th grade . . ?
Or a 39 year old online marketing associate. :)
Nope 26 year old and working for a foreign game-mag! Enough :D

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
MrparisSM said:
Axsider you do realize you owned yourself with those pics? The graphics look absolutely horrible. That blurry repetitive mess has nothing on Halo 2. And where's the variety that you were speaking of? Stay off the drugs my friend. :)

I'm not going to make any claims for Killzone being a Halo-beater, because I loathe both games. But you, my friend, need to stay off the crack.

MrparisSM

Banned
iapetus said:
I'm not going to make any claims for Killzone being a Halo-beater, because I loathe both games. But you, my friend, need to stay off the crack.

I'm not making claim that I've played the game or anything. But I have view several movies and seen some pics. And even in the pics he posted everything is low-resolution, low poly, and BLURRY.... Looking at the screens and the movies I feel like I need to wipe my screen or something. I just don't like it.

Axsider

Banned
MrparisSM said:
laugh.gif

What? Now YOU owned yourself, dude! Graphics are horrible?? Ok, Halo-Fanboy or simply a SONY-hater ('cause it is a SONY game)? What is it, buddy? :)
And now, go to your toilet and......:
klo.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Kin

By they way this forum needs a purge ASAP, there are too many trolls (from all sides) on every thread and almost all of them are newcomers. What happened?

Edit: Doh! Damn you steve!

Top Bottom