• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create figures - June 26 to July 2

jj984jj said:
Not to forget to also mention that there are also 3 huge PSP releases, I wonder how they will fair.

DS 7/06:
Brave Story: Boku no Kioku to Negai
Cars
Kodomo no Tame no Yomi Kikase: Ehon de Asobou 1-Kan
Kodomo no Tame no Yomi Kikase: Ehon de Asobou 2-Kan
Kodomo no Tame no Yomi Kikase: Ehon de Asobou 3-Kan
Milon no Hoshizora Shabon: Puzzle Kumikyoku
Rockman ZX

PSP 7/06:
Brave Story: Shintanaru Ryojin
Cars
Nana: Subete wa Daimaou no Omichibiki
Rain Wonder Trip
Rain Wonder Trip (Limited Edition)
Tekken: Dark Resurrection

Am I missing anything?

For contrast:

7/06 PS2:
Brave Story: Wataru no Bouken
Cars
Chulip (Super Best Collection)
Daito Giken Premium Pachi-Slot Collection: Yoshimune
Gran Turismo 4 (PlayStation 2 the Best)
Gundam True Odyssey: Shitsu Warate G no Densetsu (PlayStation 2 the Best)
Hanaki
Hiiro no Kakera
Hiiro no Kakera (Limited Edition)
Ikusa Gami (PlayStation 2 the Best)
Momotarou Densetsu USA (PlayStation 2 the Best)
R-Type Final (PlayStation 2 the Best)
Taiko no Tatsujin: Go! Go! Godaime (PlayStation 2 the Best)
Taito Memories Vol. 1 (Taito Best)
Xenosaga Episode III: Zarathustra wa Kaku Katariki
Zero: Shisei no Koe (PlayStation 2 the Best)

GC and GBA both get:
Cars

XBOX and XBOX360 get:
a big fat nothing

EDIT: PS2 not PSP

Raw64life said:
NSMB = best seeling Mario platformer since Super Mario world.

At this rate, by this time next year the DS will have five 3+ million sellers in Japan alone (AC, BA, BA2, NSMB, Pokemon).

That is just *sick*.

I remember thinking right before the release of Nintendogs that it would be a pretty big deal if Nintendo could get that game to sell 1 million copies in Japan, because nothing aside from their Pokemon games was consistently hitting 1 million any more.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
bmf said:
DS 7/06:
Brave Story: Boku no Kioku to Negai
Cars
Kodomo no Tame no Yomi Kikase: Ehon de Asobou 1-Kan
Kodomo no Tame no Yomi Kikase: Ehon de Asobou 2-Kan
Kodomo no Tame no Yomi Kikase: Ehon de Asobou 3-Kan
Milon no Hoshizora Shabon: Puzzle Kumikyoku
Rockman ZX

PSP 7/06:
Brave Story: Shintanaru Ryojin
Cars
Nana: Subete wa Daimaou no Omichibiki
Rain Wonder Trip
Rain Wonder Trip (Limited Edition)
Tekken: Dark Resurrection

Am I missing anything?
Oh, I thought LocoRoco came out as well since ducky has it. Well, there is still Brave Story and Tekken.

cvxfreak

soundwave05 said:
That is just *sick*.

I remember thinking right before the release of Nintendogs that it would be a pretty big deal if Nintendo could get that game to sell 1 million copies in Japan, because nothing aside from their Pokemon games was consistently hitting 1 million any more.

I remember that, too. It's also funny how the DS's first million sellers happened all within the same week! :lol (AC, BA, BBA, Nintendogs)

Tekken DR should squeeze past 350k; I think it'll do about 100k in its first week. I don't know how much the Rockman Zero games previously sold, but ZX should do about the same, maybe a little more.

NSMB will still be #1.

cvxfreak

marvelharvey said:
Chrome Hounds is out? How on earth have I missed that?

cvxfreak: Sorry, haven't been to Super Potato yet, maybe tomorrow ;)

Oh yeah, take your time. ;)

I won't be in Osaka till January anyway. :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Mr. Pointy said:
Tekken DR should squeeze past 350k; I think it'll do about 100k in its first week. I don't know how much the Rockman Zero games previously sold, but ZX should do about the same, maybe a little more.

NSMB will still be #1.
Rockman Zero 4 opened at ~38K IIRC:

Rockman Zero 4 - 38,000
Rockman Zero 3 - 39,281 (Media Create)
Rockman Zero 2 - 53,839 (Famitsu)
Rockman Zero - 66,980 (Famitsu)

From cvx.

ethelred

Mr. Pointy said:
Tekken DR should squeeze past 350k; I think it'll do about 100k in its first week.

I don't think so!

Anyway, time for the weekly generalized comments on the chart:

1. Continued holy shits at NSMB. The game is just steamrolling.
2. Continued disappointment at Magical Vacation 2 bombing.
3. Digimon Story and Pokemon Ranger are hanging in there okay. I wonder what Ranger is up to now? Digimon should go over 100k, which isn't bad.
4. While Valkyrie Profile 2 definitely is not a bomb, it is disappointing its second week sales dropped so far.

That's all for now, I guess.

cvxfreak said:
I won't be in Osaka till January anyway. :lol

Jan? Wonder if they'll keep something reserved for that long? ;)

Anyway, on topic... glad to VP2 doing OK, I was worried it would have dropped off by now. Also, what's the longest consecutive-week run a game has stayed in the no.1 spot? Is 4 weeks for Mario good?

Earthstrike said:
IOI does NSMB hold the highest 6th week games sales for a video game ever?
Going by what's currently on vgcharts.org, it's #7... though if it increases just a little in his adjustments it could go to #5.

Pokémon Gold/Silver: 729,000
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire: 342,750
Animal Crossing: Wild World: 200,500
Donkey Kong Country: 189,000
Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon Red (GBA): 159,750
Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon Blue (DS): 159,000

As he's been pointing out when making these comparisons in previous weeks, though, the above are games that would be having their 6th weeks in December or January.

EDIT: To add on to that last bit, I'll pick a few top-ranked 6th week for mid-year releases. The date is the first day of the 6th week.

Find by Game!! Tamagotchi GB Bandai 08/03/97 91,000
Yoshis Island SNES Nintendo 09/10/95 89,000
Brain Training 2 DS Nintendo 02/05/06 88,000
Street Fighter II SNES Capcom 07/19/92 75,500

VerTiGo

Banned
Yeah, out of the DS games released so far, it seems like NSMB is going to end up selling the most. I'm sure its mometum will be carried into the holidays.

CoolTrick said:
This more than anything is insane. 55,000 copies after being out since December, and over 2,650,000 sold?

Wrong, it's 2,649,500. That is not 2,650,000.

I knew those numbers were fake >.>

jesusraz

I'll be interested to see just how well Winning Eleven does on the DS, considering the relative failure of the one GameCube version. Has Konami even given it a date yet, though?

It's so disappointing to see Metroid Prime Hunters continuing to do so much better than Magical Vacation...!

ioi

Banned
This week is now up on vgcharts:

http://www.vgcharts.org/japweekly.php

Brain Training 2 is now only 200k behind Animal Crossing and selling 30k per week more. If things continue at this pace (they must slow at some point surely???) then BT2 could take the lead in 6-8 weeks, with both games on around 3.3m

New SMB continues to break records, from the data I have (still not 100% complete don't forget, but good for all big games back to 95) it has posted the 5th biggest week 6 ever (http://www.vgcharts.org/japwk.php?week=6) and is 600k ahead of AC:WW at a similar point.

The comparison with Pokemon FR/LG becomes more and more worthless each week as NSMB pulls ahead even further and looks like having much larger legs. 3.5m is a definite at this point, leaving only SMW(3.55m), SMB3(3.82m) and SMB(6.81m) to have to beat.
http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=New+Super+Mario+Bros&name2=Pokemon+Fire+Red+%2F+Leaf+Green- complete with snazzy jpgraph charts.

Valkyrie Profile is very disappointing compared to the original, with one of the largest drop-offs in history (excluding FF games which start at 1.5m+). The game has no chance of catching the original (http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Valkyrie+Profile&name2=Valkyrie+Profile+2%3A+Silmeria) and looks to be tracking more in line with something like Shenmue which did 385k total back in 99/00 (http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Valkyrie+Profile+2%3A+Silmeria&name2=Shenmue).

Despite no new DS releases charting this week (none in the top 30 anyway), DS manages to capture around 55% of all software sold.

Hardware to follow when it's available :)

jesusraz

...And Children of Mana drops back out of the Top 30. Surprised to see FIFA Street 2 actually charting!

DefectiveReject said:
unconfirmed?

DSlite - 20
PS2 - 3
PSP - 2
DS - 1
GBA, GC, XBOX/360 - Not a trace

Something along a multiple of that?

Don't be silly:
DSlite - 20
PS2 - 3
PSP - 2
DS - 1
GBA, GC - 0
XBOX/360 - -10

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
This thread seems dead compared to other weeks. There is usually at least one anti Nintendo troll to get us to 4 pages easily.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Archie said:
This thread seems dead compared to other weeks. There is usually at least one anti Nintendo troll to get us to 4 pages easily.
Same shit different week.

Patience. I doubt there are people who take part in these weekly threads, as well as follow numbers elsewhere, but would refrain from posting anything useful they found until specifically asked for it.

Uhm, just to add one more comment about dissapointing PS2 sales this year. All these games were re-released at budget price...and no one entered Top30...

Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen Alpha: Shuuen no Ginga e (PlayStation2 the Best)
Genji (PlayStation2 the Best)
Minna Daisuki Katamari Damacy (PlayStation2 the Best)
Namco x Capcom (PlayStation2 the Best)
Ratchet & Clank 4th: GiriGiri Ginga no Giga Battle (PlayStation2 the Best)
Tales of Legendia (PlayStation2 the Best)
Wander to Kyozou (PlayStation2 the Best)
Yu Yu Hakusho Forever (PlayStation2 the Best)

Poor showing :/

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
JoshuaJSlone said:
Patience. I doubt there are people who take part in these weekly threads, as well as follow numbers elsewhere, but would refrain from posting anything useful they found until specifically asked for it.
Actually that's exactly what I'm doing from now on.

Cathcart

ioi said:
Valkyrie Profile is very disappointing compared to the original, with one of the largest drop-offs in history (excluding FF games which start at 1.5m+). The game has no chance of catching the original (http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Valkyrie+Profile&name2=Valkyrie+Profile+2%3A+Silmeria) and looks to be tracking more in line with something like Shenmue which did 385k total back in 99/00 (http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Valkyrie+Profile+2%3A+Silmeria&name2=Shenmue).
:(

PS2 owners don't like games :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ioi said:
This week is now up on vgcharts:

http://www.vgcharts.org/japweekly.php

Brain Training 2 is now only 200k behind Animal Crossing and selling 30k per week more. If things continue at this pace (they must slow at some point surely???) then BT2 could take the lead in 6-8 weeks, with both games on around 3.3m

That's what YOU think.

JoshuaJSlone said:

True. Where did the leaked numbers for the past two or three weeks come from anyway?

king zell

famitsu chart from last week

h-121_56348_060721hard.jpg.jpg

Top Bottom