• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 02/09 - 02/15

Vinnk said:
Not surprise at all about Mario and Kuigi RPG 3 sales. Great prime time ads by Nintendo. Interestingly all of them featured women playing the game. It was advertised almost as a casual title. Basically the same type of ads that New Super Mario Bros got. This title could turn out to have really good legs (for an RPG).

Kuigi? :p

j/k

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wii hardware might have started stabilizing for the time being.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
donny2112 said:
Media-Create:

3. GBA Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - 52K / NEW
7. NDS Mario & Luigi 2 - 133K / NEW

This is the series first #1 ranking, as well as its largest first week. :)
Thank you. I've become much too lazy these past two years to look shit up any more.

donny2112

schuelma said:
Wii hardware might have started stabilizing for the time being.

You realize you just guaranteed its collapse next week, right?

:p Yeah, mid-February is usually where the stable levels begin, IIRC.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
01. [NDS] Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (Nintendo) 193,000 / NEW
02. [PS3] Street Fighter IV (Capcom) 86,000 / NEW
03. [PSP] Kidou Senshi Gundam: Giren no Yabou (Namco Bandai) 40,000 / NEW
04. [PS2] Kidou Senshi Gundam: Giren no Yabou (Namco Bandai) 38,000 / NEW
05. [360] Street Fighter IV (Capcom) 38,000 / NEW
06. [PSP] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami) 27,000 / 174,000
07. [PS2] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami) 25,000 / 170,000
08. [PS3] Demon's Souls (SCE) 22,000 / 62,000
09. [PSP] Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 (Namco Bandai) 22,000 / 280,000
10. [NDS] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Square Enix) 20,000 / 156,000

Sweet. Demon Souls hangin in there, Street Fighter IV doing some good numbers and whoa Tales of the World outsold Tales of Versperia?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
AniHawk said:
In time, you'll stop caring altogether. Don't try to fight it. It's already begun.

I always hated that word begun. It's like drank.

Akumufine: Perspective is when you compare like games on like consoles in the same periods of time, not some cliche forum-poster response like dropping a helen keller reference. What's next, an incest joke? Woweee, you've reached Forum Poster Level 2! In this level, you'll learn to make references to Family Guy jokes!!

PantherLotus said:
I always hated that word begun. It's like drank.

Akumufine: Perspective is when you compare like games on like consoles in the same periods of time, not some cliche forum-poster response like dropping a helen keller reference. What's next, an incest joke? Woweee, you've reached Forum Poster Level 2! In this level, you'll learn to make references to Family Guy jokes!!
I'm surprised to see you laying the smackdown for something like this. For some reason, I'd never have thunk it.

Vinnk

I will try to take a picture today but when I was at a Family Mart this morning I saw that all the posters for Dragon Quest IX had the date scribbled out with a sharpie and 7/11 written in by hand. (same thing is going on at Lawson and Seven Eleven) Seems S-E hasn't sent new promo materials yet. I wonder if they will. Does anyone know if the stores will keep prominently promoting it for 3 extra months. That is some prime ad space being used...

donny2112

AniHawk said:
In time, you'll stop caring altogether. Don't try to fight it. It's already begun.

I use a database, and I have a lot of automation in the translation/collation/formatting process or else I could see myself falling out of intense interest, as well. I blame the lack of full NPD leaks on GAF. When the sales relate to the region you're in, I think it holds more meaning to try to keep up with them.

Flying_Phoenix said:
Didn't they both sell identically?

I was going to make some remark about the Wii being at a different ranking, but they both launched at #12 (MC). :lol

t3nmilez

Something interesting I saw earlier was on the new drama, "Voice". In this week's episode, there's a scene where someone is playing Street Fighter 4 on the Xbox360 in their apartment. Haha, maybe someday 360 will be mainstream? Ah well...

This week is going to be epic, with iDOLM@STER SP and Star Ocean 4 going up, the advertising for both games is pretty huge.

Oh yea, one more week until Taiko hits the needed 400k!

Cipherr

Fuck yes, this and the HW leak all but confirms PS3 will be >>> Wii with these new releases for it on the horizon. Sales age needs this so badly. Something to ponder over, discuss, and fuel meltdowns. Please don't disappoint.

donny2112

Puncture said:
this and the HW leak all but confirms PS3 will be >>> Wii with these new releases for it on the horizon. Sales age needs this so badly. Something to ponder over, discuss, and fuel meltdowns. Please don't disappoint.

I'd put less ">", but yeah, we've been expecting this for a few weeks now. Sorry. :(

markatisu

Puncture said:
Fuck yes, this and the HW leak all but confirms PS3 will be >>> Wii with these new releases for it on the horizon. Sales age needs this so badly. Something to ponder over, discuss, and fuel meltdowns. Please don't disappoint.

All that will show is that games push hardware, once the games leave the PS3 will most likely drop back down as it did after MGS4 (for example)

The only meltdowns will come from retards who have been absent from MC threads

I am interested to see how many PS3's get sold the week RE5 comes out since its being bundled

Puncture said:
Atleast Wii is holding steady and 360 rose too. Wouldn't be surprising to see 360 > Wii and PS3. Oh and if #16 isn't Dissidia, then that basically means it won't reach 1M.

Pachael

donny2112 said:
I'd put less ">", but yeah, we've been expecting this for a few weeks now. Sorry. :(

True, but at the rate it's going posters can argue that the PS3 has come back from a disastrous start and/or the Wii doesn't have any software so hardware isn't selling. And so on and so forth, will the next NPD comes along and someone will say that the Wii's not overly outselling the PS3 in Japan anymore and you know what happens next.

markatisu

Pachael said:
True, but at the rate it's going posters can argue that the PS3 has come back from a disastrous start and/or the Wii doesn't have any software so hardware isn't selling. And so on and so forth, will the next NPD comes along and someone will say that the Wii's not overly outselling the PS3 in Japan anymore and you know what happens next.

That will only happen if the PS3 has more than a 2 week large advantage, the Wii is still more than 5m ahead in Japan and an ungodly amount in the US.

Anyone attempting to make that stupid of a claim that the PS3 is back is either somewhat illiterate or just trolling.

Pachael

markatisu said:
That will only happen if the PS3 has more than a 2 week large advantage, the Wii is still more than 5m ahead in Japan and an ungodly amount in the US.

Anyone attempting to make that stupid of a claim that the PS3 is back is either somewhat illiterate or just trolling.

Exactly. The trolls will make those kind of posts, we'll laugh at them, and meltdowns occur.

Lightning

Banned
I am noticing that the sales difference in fighting games between PS3 and 360 is considerably smaller than the differences in games like PES, Musou, Gundam etc... why is this?

Lightning said:
I am noticing that the sales difference in fighting games between PS3 and 360 is considerably smaller than the differences in games like PES, Musou, Gundam etc... why is this?

Probably due to the Xbox having the Dead or Alive series as a flagship title.

1cesc said:
SF IV:
PS3: 86,000
X360: 38,000

Soul Calibur 4:
PS3: 75,000
X360: 35,000

Virtua Fighter 5:
PS3: 48,000
X360: ~13,000

That's kind of bittersweet to me. I've always been big fan of the 2D fighters from Capcom and SNK and I'm glad SF4 out did its 3D competitors but seeing only a total of 124k is kind of sad even if it was expected. Although there was no chance of it happening, I kept thinking it would some how pull through and sell over 200k in the first week. With all the news of SF4 CE's, arcade sticks, and mad catz/saturn pads selling out quick I hope NA numbers will be much higher(much higher to me would be something like a combined total of 500k+)

I mean come on, if the MK series can keep coming back to sell millions, why not SF4 damn it *I would throw in a Kittonwy angry face if I had one*

Busaiku

Lightning said:
Well, fighting games are more niche than any of those, and the 360's been getting a lot of that crowd with its shooters and Idolmaster-like games.

Rice-Eater said:
That's kind of bittersweet to me. I've always been big fan of the 2D fighters from Capcom and SNK and I'm glad SF4 out did its 3D competitors but seeing only a total of 124k is kind of sad even if it was expected. Although there was no chance of it happening, I kept thinking it would some how pull through and sell over 200k in the first week. With all the news of SF4 CE's, arcade sticks, and mad catz/saturn pads selling out quick I hope NA numbers will be much higher(much higher to me would be something like a combined total of 500k+)

I mean come on, if the MK series can keep coming back to sell millions, why not SF4 damn it *I would throw in a Kittonwy angry face if I had one*

Well, how many copies were out there? It's possible they didn't press that many.

I remember reading something about SF4 selling out at plenty of stores in Japan, or was this baloney?

Opiate

PSP version of Tenchu 4 does notably better than the Wii version despite being a months-late port.

Yes, it's another reasonable example evidencing that "hardcore" games don't sell well on the Wii in Japan.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Capcom undershipped with SFIV and that the figures shown pretty much represent the entire shipment. Loads of people apparently reporting it being sold out. So while those figures are decent, they could have been much better.

Opiate said:
PSP version of Tenchu 4 does notably better than the Wii version despite being a months-late port.

Yes, it's another reasonable example evidencing that "hardcore" games don't sell well on the Wii in Japan.

Then again you must account the size of the userbases during the aligned launches of the game (even at the time of the Wii's launch the PSP had nearly double).

Regardless whether itw as 13,000 in it's opening week (which the Wii version received) or 20,000 (which the PSP received) low is still low.

Firestorm

Mr Killemgood said:
Probably due to the Xbox having the Dead or Alive series as a flagship title.
It's hard to tell on this board if someone's being sarcastic sometimes. I'm going to assume you are and laugh with you instead of at you.

Go strong M&L!! reach 500K at least!

viciouskillersquirrel said:
If Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode has taught us anything, it's that by believing in yourself you can accomplish anything and how to keep your legs in tip-top shape. While WFGM may have seen its last days in the top ten, it'll saunter its way to a million, no worries.
It still amaze me how a game like this that had a modest start reach this amazing achivement.
mario_marioAndLuigiHappyDance.gif

Top Bottom