• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 09/17 - 09/23 2007

CTLance

Hcoregamer00 said:
The Wii should be more of a concern than the DS, even that isn't too bad when you consider the holiday lineup coming up. What should be a concern is if the largest market for Nintendo games, the USA has demand spiraling downward. After all, we are the country crazy enough to buy more than 1/2 of the gamecubes ever released.
I should have said that I was talking about the Wii. :) DS is still "up there" from my view. Wii, on the other hand, had to give in too much. It is coming "close" (2:1?) to it's competition instead of being impossibly far away like before.

Random thought:
What are "casual" buying habits like? I'd guess one factor would be "buying games whenever one stumbles upon them" instead of straight on releasedate, resulting in long legs like ACWW/NSMB/Braintraining - but there must be other telltale signs.
...if all casuals bought Wiis/DSs/etc, would we still be seeing these kind of fluctuations like what is happening just now? I'd think that a sign of a "casual core" would be no or far less pronounced traditional fluctuations. It'd be interesting to see if sales in general (not just videogames) are down right now, something one could sensibly link to nongamers. Or is that complete and utter madness? Would it be the other way around? Am I spouting nonsense?

TL;DR: What are "casual" buying habits like, especially compared to traditional gamers/hardcore gamers buying habits? Can we make reliable guesses about a given consoles userbase by their buying habits? I'm not that sure anymore...

jarrod

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Have you heard of the word "market expansion?"

The PSP is under 25 million worldwide, and then we consider that they haven't gone to the $150 and $130 price points at the moment. That would easily push more and more consoles as time moves along. They could release a PSP-3000 model before PSP2 launches and make it to the mass market $100 and $80 price points, which they are not even close to hitting.

It is very likely that the console could hit 40-50 million, and could go even higher than that when they release a "bargain model" while keeping the PSP2 as the "high end model."

The PSP is like the cube because only big games released every once in a while like Crisis Core will move units. It will also move many units by default in the holiday season because people are buying it as presents.
Still not happening... PSP won't get the retail support and shelf space to survive long enough to metriculate to GBA level figures. Despite claims of 10 year plans and whatnot, platform makers can't keep stuff on shelves through sheer force of will.

PSP will probably end up around 40-50m lifetime by 2010, which isn't too shabby honestly. I think we'll see a PSP "successor" before then though.

cvxfreak

I seriously can't believe that I witnessed some dude in a business suit at Bic Camera buy all of the following items earlier tonight:

A DS Lite system (couldn't tell what color)
Brain Age
Brain Age 2
New Super Mario Brothers
Cooking Navi
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
Donkey Kong Jungle Climber
DS Lite Case
DS Lite Stylus Set

This dude is a weird combination I shall call a lapsed non-gamer.

Laguna said:
What a let down. Yes good sales for CC:FF7 and MGPO for sure. But this weeks software sales barely match this weeks hardware PSP sales even with two BIG PSP titles in charts. What are the other 5 Mio PSP owners doing? It´s possible that most of this weeks PSP hardware sales are thanks to rebuyers.

Well, I read somewhere that something like 1 out of every 5 PSP slim commercials in Japan isn't about playing games at all, but is touting the 1seg TV Tuner for PSP, which is a pretty killer feature.

So while you drone on and on like a broken record about how PSP sales aren't 1:1 with software, you might want to consider that some consumers are being attracted by that feature and not by just FF: Crisis Core or the repack of MGS:pO. You ask the question "why" but you don't seem to want to consider all the possible answers.

:lol

D.Lo

Hcoregamer00 said:
Have you heard of the word "market expansion?"

The PSP is under 25 million worldwide, and then we consider that they haven't gone to the $150 and $130 price points at the moment. That would easily push more and more consoles as time moves along. They could release a PSP-3000 model before PSP2 launches and make it to the mass market $100 and $80 price points, which they are not even close to hitting.
Since the PSP doesn't sell much software, the hardware has to be sold at a profit. So when will the PSP be sub $100? In another three years? Who would be buying a PSP in three years when DS will possibly have something like an 80 million lead, a $50 price tag, and a total Monopoly on software support? And would retailers even give it shelf space? Not to mention a likely DS2 by then.

I think that PSP has another couple of '5 million a year' years in it, and it may outsell the N64 eventually. But it may not even do that.

The PSP is Sony's N64, not their Gamecube. It was the 'more powerful' machine compared to the competition, coming from the market leader, and was expected by many (or in the PSP's case, almost all) people to easily win. It launched with great sales in all territories, but then the 'new' (-ish in the DS's case) competitor offered something the market found they preferred. The expected winner was still stuck in the old frame of mind, stalled, and settled in as a distant second with certain features over it's competitor (N64: multiplayer, graphics, PSP: multimedia, graphics).

D.Lo said:
Since the PSP doesn't sell much software, the hardware has to be sold at a profit. So when will the PSP be sub $100? In another three years? Who would be buying a PSP in three years when DS will possibly have something like an 80 million lead, a $50 price tag, and a total Monopoly on software support? And would retailers even give it shelf space? Not to mention a likely DS2 by then.

It's not actually in either Sony or Nintendo's best interest to kick off a new handheld generation quickly. Nintendo is the market leader and is going to want to drag out their success as long as possible -- especially when a second hardware revision a few years down the line could deliver 20m+ additional sales. Sony is seeing greater success and far better profitability on the PSP compared to the PS3; keeping it alive is going to be one of their better bets for keeping the games division numbers up in the short to medium term. Crisis Core has shown that the "right" games can still sell on the system, and continued development is a good alternative for companies that want to stick with the lower last-gen dev costs while avoiding the Wii.

As such, Sony could do pretty well to let the system keep floating, continuing to attract a certain level of "big" titles like the newly announced KH, and profiting on unit sales -- that is, the GameCube strategy.

What's with all the Defense Force avatars popping up again?

Also, PSP will not, barring unforeseen miraculous circumstances, sell 75 million lifetime.

Uhm, Tamagotchi 3 is released today, YSO guys are predicting around 75k for the first week. Doesn't look like its going to match 2nd one numbers if thats true...not to the mention the first one.

Code:
Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi  	 	 	05.09.15  	DS  	107,499  	52,040  	34,602  	[B]1,110,046[/B]  	9.68 %
Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi Gohi-Kini 	 	06.07.27 	DS 	181,549 	82,397 	 	68,347 	 	[B]780,711[/B] 	23.25 %
Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi: Mina San Kyu 	07.09.27 	DS

jarrod

Banned
D.Lo said:
I think that PSP has another couple of '5 million a year' years in it, and it may outsell the N64 eventually. But it may not even do that.
I think 35m is probably low end honestly, but entirely within reason. 50m is the upper limit best case scenario though.. in reality we're likely to see something in between (40-45m) most likely.

I think 360 could achieve similar figures honestly, depeneding on how Europe goes.

Laguna

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
Well, I read somewhere that something like 1 out of every 5 PSP slim commercials in Japan isn't about playing games at all, but is touting the 1seg TV Tuner for PSP, which is a pretty killer feature.

So while you drone on and on like a broken record about how PSP sales aren't 1:1 with software, you might want to consider that some consumers are being attracted by that feature and not by just FF: Crisis Core or the repack of MGS:pO. You ask the question "why" but you don't seem to want to consider all the possible answers.

:lol

:lol What does this change? I said this kind of tie-ratio isn´t something positive and fact is publishers don´t care if the PSP is used for "multimedia" (oh the irony is just screaming). The only thing they care is making money and to see a game with big budget for development and advertising with the name Final Fantasy 7 tacked on selling good (that was something no one expected /sarcasm) won´t turn the tides. But ignore what I said and continue your bias crying fanboy.

Pureauthor said:
What's with all the Defense Force avatars popping up again?

As long as innocent games and developers suffer the e-slings and arrows of the anonymous fanboy legions, we, the Defense Forces of GAF, will be there.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Uhm, Tamagotchi 3 is released today, YSO guys are predicting around 75k for the first week. Doesn't look like its going to match 2nd one numbers if thats true...not to the mention the first one.

Code:
Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi  	 	 	05.09.15  	DS  	107,499  	52,040  	34,602  	[B]1,110,046[/B]  	9.68 %
Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi Gohi-Kini 	 	06.07.27 	DS 	181,549 	82,397 	 	68,347 	 	[B]780,711[/B] 	23.25 %

Surprising, something is happening in Japan right now, I don't know what it is. But it's damn weird.

Pimpwerx

jarrod said:
I think 35m is probably low end honestly, but entirely within reason. 50m is the upper limit best case scenario though.. in reality we're likely to see something in between (40-45m) most likely.

I think 360 could achieve similar figures honestly, depeneding on how Europe goes.
Huh? Doesn't the PSP kill everything else not call the Wii and DS in WW sales? AFAIK, the 360 is largely outsold by the PSP here in the US, by more in Europe, and a non-factor in Japan. How can the ceiling be the same for both systems? Is the US console market about to MEGATON? PEACE.

jarrod

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
Huh? Doesn't the PSP kill everything else not call the Wii and DS in WW sales? AFAIK, the 360 is largely outsold by the PSP here in the US, by more in Europe, and a non-factor in Japan. How can the ceiling be the same for both systems? Is the US console market about to MEGATON? PEACE.
I'd say general industry support... 360's got a lot more in terms of marquee platform drivers ahead for it, plus it has far more room in terms of price drops and it's the focused product for Microsoft's game unit.

PSP *was* outselling it month to month in America (and no doubt still in in Europe and Japan), but 360 has more road ahead of it to gain ground imo. Again though, I think 360 nearing N64 figures hinges on how Europe goes, there's no sure thing here.

donny2112

Pimpwerx said:
AFAIK, the 360 is largely outsold by the PSP here in the US,

Months PSP and 360 both on market in U.S.: 22
Months PSP > 360 in U.S.: 7
(3 during 360 shortages in early 2006 and 4 straight before August's 360 price cut and after PSP's April price cut.)

Totals since 360 launch:
360: 6.2 million
PSP: 6.1 million

Totals since 360 shortages ended (April 2006):
360: 5.0 million
PSP: 4.1 million

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
donny2112 said:
Months PSP and 360 both on market in U.S.: 22
Months PSP > 360 in U.S.: 7
(3 during 360 shortages in early 2006 and 4 straight before August's 360 price cut and after PSP's April price cut.)

Totals since 360 launch:
360: 6.2 million
PSP: 6.1 million

Totals since 360 shortages ended (April 2006):
360: 5.0 million
PSP: 4.1 million

Nice analysis, donny!

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Code:

Oh forgot to ask, can I have the link to this YSO site? I want to see the predictions.

Edit: Nevermind I found the site but it's in Japanese, oh wells.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
donny2112 said:
Isn't this their normal monthly retailer conference?

No one seems to be sure, but I suspect so based on the current abrupt stop of their lineup in the middle of November combined with no available release dates for Brawl or MP3 (although MP3 will not be a big factor in Japan given that MP1 did sub-100k and MP2 did sub-50k!)

Honestly first week 500k and second week 100k is a big drop, especially if we consider there was not a sold-out situation.

And used copy are arriving on the market.

Very hard for CC:FF7 to reach million seller status, imo

MGS:pO is sold at 2800yen, very cheaper price. It will sell well as Ryu ga Gotoku budget release sold and as many cheaper DS games sold, seems like people like 2800yen titles.

Before saying "people is starting to get tired about Wii" i would like to wait for DBZ:Meteor numbers

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Moor-Angol said:
Honestly first week 500k and second week 100k is a big drop, especially if we consider there was not a sold-out situation. And used copy are arriving on the market. Very hard for CC:FF7 to reach million seller status, imo

I agree but I don't especially think that 100k is a huge drop versus what we've seen other FF games do. Using some of your numbers, if Final Fantasy X had launched at 500k, all of its sales after week one would have been 166k; if Final Fantasy XII (admittedly the most legless of all FF games) had launched at 500k, all of its sales after week one would have been a paltry 130k... if Dirge had launched at 500k, all of its sales after week one would have been 200k.

So I think in this sense, FF7CC is on pace to be a little longer-legged than most recent FF releases. I just think all of the people caught up in the Izzy, Wollan, and Tabris spin-show over the last few weeks were living in ignorance when they thought 1million off of an opening 500k was a lock.

MGS:pO is sold at 2800yen, very cheaper price. It will sell well as Ryu ga Gotoku budget release sold and as many cheaper DS games sold, seems like people like 2800yen titles.

I think it's telling that the Simple DS series is 2800yen. 2800yen is the new consumer-accepted budget pricepoint IMO. I bet if D3 starts dumping it's simple-calibre games on digital distribution methods like WiiWare, PSN, or XBLA, you'll see a lot of ~2800yen prices for those as well!

Stumpokapow said:
I agree but I don't especially think that 100k is a huge drop versus what we've seen other FF games do. Using some of your numbers, if Final Fantasy X had launched at 500k, all of its sales after week one would have been 166k; if Final Fantasy XII (admittedly the most legless of all FF games) had launched at 500k, all of its sales after week one would have been a paltry 130k... if Dirge had launched at 500k, all of its sales after week one would have been 200k.

Gotta take into consideration the PSP sold over 250,000 this week and I'd've expected most of them to buy FF7CC, it probably could have sold closer to 200k this week but there most likely were shortages as Square-Enix, once again, underestimates demand. I think they (S-E) may have missed a chance to sell a million this week by not providing enough FF7CCs with the launch of PSP-P.

Can we get a confirmation from someone in Japan: is FF7CC sold out over there...?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Square2005 said:
Gotta take into consideration the PSP sold over 250,000 this week and I'd've expected most of them to buy FF7CC, it probably could have sold closer to 200k this week but there most likely were shortages as Square-Enix, once again, underestimates demand. I think they (S-E) may have missed a chance to sell a million this week by not providing enough FF7CCs with the launch of PSP-P.

I sincerely believe based on the DS Lite that an awful lot of people in Japan are willing to buy more than one of the same handheld. I suspect that a lot of the PSP buyers (although not all!) are previous PSP owners who are opting to buy a Slim or buy a new PSP after having traded their old one.

Can we get a confirmation from someone in Japan: is FF7CC sold out over there...?

According to Kohler when he was over for TGS, no. According to cvxfreak the last time he posted an update, not even close. Things may have changed since then.

I expected bigger numbers for CCFF7, but they're still very good. An explication could really be that overall old PSP owners are buying the PSP Slim and that who wanna CCFF7 has already bought it last week overall. But maybe we'll have legs. Next week, I predict PSP between 100k and 130k.

I just averaged the YSO predictions for Mario Strikers Charged and out of 28 predictors they estimated 62,850 the first week. Bomba indeed.

donny2112

http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-asahi/TKY200709250050.html

Wii-loving tourists flock to countryside

Tourists from Taiwan and Hong Kong on a quest to buy Wii videogame consoles are ending up not in Tokyo's Akihabara electric town, but in the countryside.

The phenomenon is the result of a rumor spread among gaming enthusiasts that they would fare better finding the consoles in small-town Japan than in the cities.

The consoles are in hot demand and scarce, and the prospect of getting hold of one is luring many tourists to Tohoku, which has been identified as a Wii hotspot.

The rumor originated in a newspaper article and quickly traveled through the Internet. While some people in Tohoku welcome the influx of Asian tourists, others have mixed feelings.

An employee at an electronics retail store near JR Sendai Station recounted an experience serving an overseas tour group.

"The tour guide came in with a bunch of customers and gave me directions in broken Japanese, 'A Wii for this person and that person; and a PSP (Play Station Portable) for that customer.'"

According to the shop employee, one out of 10 customers who buy Wii is an overseas tourist.

Another store is now fielding the requests by setting up a special duty-free section.

The Wii gaming system was launched by video game giant Nintendo Co. last December. It became immensely popular, and Nintendo has already sold more than 10 million Wii consoles around the world.

In Asia, Wii can be purchased only in Japan, but it has already become a highly coveted item in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Hotel Taikanso is a resort hotel in scenic Matsushima, Miyagi Prefecture. At Taikanso, Li Jingli from Taiwan is in charge of overseas visitors. According to Li, many Asian tourists go home with a Wii.

Tourists have been told their chances of scoring one of the machines are better in provincial shops.

Taiwan's travel guide "Travel News" advises that it can be difficult to find Wii in the Akihabara electronics district, but "few people are buying Wii consoles in electronics stores in Japan's remote districts."

To prove the point, a reporter visited the city of Oga in Akita Prefecture and bought 10 Wii game consoles.

Retailers maintain there is no bias toward country areas in stocking Wii. However, a manager of a videogame store in Sendai commented: "We can always put in reservation requests. I am sure it is easier to get them here compared to places like Akihabara."

Some have come up with another theory in an attempt to explain Tohoku as a budding shopping mecca.

One industry source claims that the travel industry is trying to sell Tohoku as a tourist spot, throwing in Wii as part of the sales pitch.

Li at Taikanso welcomes the attention. "It is good news that Tohoku gets mentioned, in whatever form," Li said.

But some people don't like the attention.

One game shop owner confessed: "I am not too happy to hear the word inaka (back-country) associated with us."

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Square2005 said:
I just averaged the YSO predictions for Mario Strikers Charged and out of 28 predictors they estimated 62,850 the first week. Bomba indeed.

Based on a 15k first day number, 62k would actually be a high first week prediction. Although it's a bomba' based on expectations and especially for the Wii, the GCN release was 69k first week so 62k wouldn't be a massive retrograde or anything.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
sphinx said:
Not the performance of a million seller.....

03. [NDS] Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon: Toki no Tankentai - 85,000 / 385,000
04. [NDS] Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon: Yami no Tankentai - 75,000 / 344,000

yea i know.

neojubei said:

yea i know.

how exactly do these games differentiate?

ccbfan

donny2112 said:
http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-asahi/TKY200709250050.html

Wii-loving tourists flock to countryside

Tourists from Taiwan and Hong Kong on a quest to buy Wii videogame consoles are ending up not in Tokyo's Akihabara electric town, but in the countryside.

The phenomenon is the result of a rumor spread among gaming enthusiasts that they would fare better finding the consoles in small-town Japan than in the cities.

The consoles are in hot demand and scarce, and the prospect of getting hold of one is luring many tourists to Tohoku, which has been identified as a Wii hotspot.

The rumor originated in a newspaper article and quickly traveled through the Internet. While some people in Tohoku welcome the influx of Asian tourists, others have mixed feelings.

An employee at an electronics retail store near JR Sendai Station recounted an experience serving an overseas tour group.

"The tour guide came in with a bunch of customers and gave me directions in broken Japanese, 'A Wii for this person and that person; and a PSP (Play Station Portable) for that customer.'"

According to the shop employee, one out of 10 customers who buy Wii is an overseas tourist.

Another store is now fielding the requests by setting up a special duty-free section.

The Wii gaming system was launched by video game giant Nintendo Co. last December. It became immensely popular, and Nintendo has already sold more than 10 million Wii consoles around the world.

In Asia, Wii can be purchased only in Japan, but it has already become a highly coveted item in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Hotel Taikanso is a resort hotel in scenic Matsushima, Miyagi Prefecture. At Taikanso, Li Jingli from Taiwan is in charge of overseas visitors. According to Li, many Asian tourists go home with a Wii.

Tourists have been told their chances of scoring one of the machines are better in provincial shops.

Taiwan's travel guide "Travel News" advises that it can be difficult to find Wii in the Akihabara electronics district, but "few people are buying Wii consoles in electronics stores in Japan's remote districts."

To prove the point, a reporter visited the city of Oga in Akita Prefecture and bought 10 Wii game consoles.

Retailers maintain there is no bias toward country areas in stocking Wii. However, a manager of a videogame store in Sendai commented: "We can always put in reservation requests. I am sure it is easier to get them here compared to places like Akihabara."

Some have come up with another theory in an attempt to explain Tohoku as a budding shopping mecca.

One industry source claims that the travel industry is trying to sell Tohoku as a tourist spot, throwing in Wii as part of the sales pitch.

Li at Taikanso welcomes the attention. "It is good news that Tohoku gets mentioned, in whatever form," Li said.

But some people don't like the attention.

One game shop owner confessed: "I am not too happy to hear the word inaka (back-country) associated with us."

I'm not sure what to think of from this article.

1. Is it a positive that Wii's so popular that tourist come to Japan to buy Wiis?

or

2. Is it a negative that Wii's in such a slump in Japan that even with this type of tourist sales, its still falling like a rock.

donny2112

neojubei said:
sphinx said:
Not the performance of a million seller.....

yea i know.

These type of duel releases are usually combined (and Famitsu will have them combined, too) when talking about sales.

[NDS] Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon: Toki/Yami no Tankentai - 160,000 / 729,000

Look more like a million-seller now?

tetrisgrammaton said:
how exactly do these games differentiate?

One has "Toki" in its name and the other has "Yami."

Edit:
Apparently, one of them is "Darkness" and one is "Time." There are also exclusive Pokemon in each game, as usual.

ccbfan said:
2. Is it a negative that Wii's in such a slump in Japan that even with this type of tourist sales, its still falling like a rock.

until every week Wii sales are 2x PS3 ones, i think anyone in Kyoto HQ will be worried...

No, Crisis Core wasn't even close to sold out. The dropoff is purely demand-based.

I mean, it might barely scrape out a million units, but it'll take a loooong time.

Did Bettenhausen ever air his prediction for FFVIICC sales publicly, or was it just to me?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Kobun Heat said:
No, Crisis Core wasn't even close to sold out. The dropoff is purely demand-based.

I mean, it might barely scrape out a million units, but it'll take a loooong time.

Did Bettenhausen ever air his prediction for FFVIICC sales publicly, or was it just to me?

I believe he said 2M on 1upyours.

spwolf

jarrod said:
I'd say general industry support... 360's got a lot more in terms of marquee platform drivers ahead for it, plus it has far more room in terms of price drops and it's the focused product for Microsoft's game unit.

PSP *was* outselling it month to month in America (and no doubt still in in Europe and Japan), but 360 has more road ahead of it to gain ground imo. Again though, I think 360 nearing N64 figures hinges on how Europe goes, there's no sure thing here.

nobody knows what you are talking about...

spwolf

Flakster99 said:

so when will 360 start to overtake PSP in worldwide sales? 2045?

First of all, it is completly and utterly stupid to compare handelds vs consoles, because of the price issues. And 2nd of all, PSP easily outsells 360 month-to-month worldwide, with PSP sales going up.

But hey, dont let me stop you...

jarrod

Banned
spwolf said:
so when will 360 start to overtake PSP in worldwide sales? 2045?

First of all, it is completly and utterly stupid to compare handelds vs consoles, because of the price issues. And 2nd of all, PSP easily outsells 360 month-to-month worldwide, with PSP sales going up.

But hey, dont let me stop you...
Uh... who said that? I legitimately don't know what you're talking about now? :D

I'm feeling like predicting something so I'm going to give some numbers for this year Winning Eleven 2008 versions. (remainder for last year editions: PS2 (April)>1m, DS (November) 170k, PSP (December) 110k, X360 (December) no data).

NDS Winning Eleven DS Goal x Goal (25th October) - 150k
PS2 Winning Eleven 2008 (22th November) - 700k
PS3 Winning Eleven 2008 (22th November) - 250k
360 Winning Eleven 2008 (22th November) - 50k
PSP Winning Eleven 2008 (January 2008) - 50k

I won't add Wii because its coming even later (Spring 2008 I think) and I'm not sure if it'll be like a normal WE or WE built around Wii capabilities (AKA different gameplay or something).

jarrod

Banned
lolz, did something similar in the other thread... I'll repost! :D

PMD2 ~1.8m combined (srsly!)
FFTA2 ~475k
TOI ~450k
ASH ~175k
RRM2 ~600k combined
Layton 2 ~550k
FF4 ~750k
DQ4 ~1.1m
Mario Party DS ~225k
Bangai-O Spirits ~15k :(

CCFF7 ~850k
Mingol P2 ~350k (depending on release timeframe)
Gundam Battle ~175k

Galaxy ~1.2m (srsly! 600k+ 1st week)
SSBB ~800k (depending of release timeframe)
Wii Fit ~950k (depending on release timeframe)
REUC ~225k
CD3 ~350k
NiGHTS ~125k
Treasure Island Z ~75k

Basara 2H (PS2) ~200k
Basara 2H (Wii) ~75k

Musou 5 (PS3) ~300k
Musou 5 (360) ~50k

WE2008 (PS2) ~550k
WE2008 (PS3) ~150k
WE2008 (360) ~25k

Halo 3 ~100k
LO ~150k
VF5 Live ~75k
Gundam Troy ~75k

GT5Pro ~275k
TC4 ~75k

test_account

XP-39C²
Anyone knows how people's attitude (or what i shall say) are towards Wii Fit in Japan? For some reason i have a feeling that Wii Fit wont be as big as many expect.

Laguna said:
:lol What does this change? I said this kind of tie-ratio isn´t something positive and fact is publishers don´t care if the PSP is used for "multimedia" (oh the irony is just screaming). The only thing they care is making money and to see a game with big budget for development and advertising with the name Final Fantasy 7 tacked on selling good (that was something no one expected /sarcasm) won´t turn the tides.But ignore what I said and continue your bias crying fanboy.

Nice name-calling. Desperate much?

I'm a PSP fanboy now? :lol

I didn't even own a PSP until last year. I was strictly in the DS camp up until Loco Roco.

Anyway, I was just giving you a possible answer to your question by pointing out that some not-insignificant amount of the advertising being done for the new PSP in Japan is for the 1seg TV functionality and not gaming.

Also, software companies do care about install base, and always have. If a customer in Japan buys a PSP for the TV functionality, he/she may not buy a game right away, but may do so in the future. Sorry if that fact hurts your feelings.

Thanks for the immature name-calling. That will get you very far on NeoGAF, and it makes your points sound much less foolish.

I thought we know that Wii's are being shipped to the US. Why is everyone seem to be worried that Wii sales are in a slump. They would never just suddenly drop like the way they did a few weeks ago. They are trying to keep the momentum in the USA. Maybe even in Europe, we don't know what the status is. I am quite confident that they will come back up, once supply is sorted out. I'm also confident we will see the 4 million seller DS games back in the top10 between now, and January. Maybe for the last time, but we will see them.

Rocksteady33

test_account said:
Anyone knows how people's attitude (or what i shall say) are towards Wii Fit in Japan? For some reason i have a feeling that Wii Fit wont be as big as many expect.

I think it's the fat countries are the one's that are supposed to eat this up (hint US).

Top Bottom