• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 1/7 - 1/13 2008

CoolTrick

Banned
but I care more about the information than the layout.

I know this might seem totally shocking, but we've managed to survive Media Create threads without meaningless links to Japanese websites and boxarts for years.

Yes, yes, I know. It's mind-boggling. People also weren't dicks about it and didn't complain that the black font which is present in every single other post on GAF hurt their eyes.

Thanks Cool. I can't believe that thread was locked.

Thanks. :) It's fine, as long as people know how utterly ridiculous this was. If the info is up, and you can translate all the relevant data (#s 1-10), then just post it. No reason to be a dick about it.

jay

Wasn't it widely accepted that declaring bitter tears is actually an asinine way to silence any dissent that you don't agree with?

CoolTrick

Banned
I have a feeling his thread was locked more because of his past non stop bitching about Cheesemaster more than anything else.

My bitching was about exactly what I just saw take place. People posting the topic and having others be assholes because the format didn't have the elaborate yet meaningless other going-ons.

The Media Create sales were up for over a half an hour before I posted them. If someone sees that, they should be able to post them without being barraged.

schuelma said:
I have a feeling his thread was locked more because of his past non stop bitching about Cheesemaster more than anything else.

That shouldn't matter. The point is to get the information to us as quickly and neatly as one person can. If someone isn't here to do it, someone else should be able to. Cool's complaints were valid in the past and they're valid now too.

And it's not just Cooltrick; people jump the shit of anyone who posts the sales threads. It happened I believe to Raw64Life a few months ago too, and it's totally uncalled for.

Minsc

Gold Member
cvxfreak > Cooltrick

At least he can create MC threads without them falling apart :lol

Honestly, you should have expected that. I saw it coming the second the thread loaded.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Loudninja said:
Numbers are numbers, no matter who posts them
Not when people used to race to post MC threads in the past and the OP wouldn't be translated until the 2nd or 3rd page. It got to a point where it was complete bullshit until Cheesemeister started doing MC threads "officially".

If people dislike the way that the general consensus is done with MC threads these days, go fiddle around on another forum.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
jay said:
Kind of scares you into silence, no?

Again, I encourage people to look at Cool Trick's posting history. Context is needed here.

schuelma said:
Again, I encourage people to look at Cool Trick's posting history. Context is needed here.

Most of us know all about that. That doesn't take away his point. Many of us just want the information as fast as possible, whether it's from Cheese, Cool, Raw, CVX, or anyone. The ganging up on CoolTrick is ridiculous.

Forgotten Ancient said:
Most of us know all about that. That doesn't take away his point. Many of us just want the information as fast as possible, whether it's from Cheese, Cool, Raw, CVX, or anyone. The ganging up on CoolTrick is ridiculous.
His point can't be taken seriously if you take a look at his post history, he's more bitter about Cheese taking over responsibilities for making these threads then these threads themselves. Why do you think he only posts about these thread making and not the the discussion of the data itself? He clearly shows no interest in sales. It's hilarious so many are defending him when Cheese does the finest job, I shutter to go back to the dark ages of sales age where every dick and tom rush to make the first thread and there was no decent translation let alone a decent format of the data.

BishopLamont said:
His point can't be taken seriously if you take a look at his post history, he's more bitter about Cheese taking over responsibilities for making these threads then these threads themselves. Why do you think he only posts about these thread making and not the the discussion of the data itself? He clearly shows no interest in sales. It's hilarious so many are defending him when Cheese does the finest job, I shutter to go back to the dark ages of sales age where every dick and tom rush to make the first thread and there was no decent translation let alone a decent format of the data.
I agree 100%. I don't get how this can be a subject to such a lengthy discussion.

Top Bottom