• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 1/7 - 1/13 2008

Jirotrom

Raw64life said:
And everyone jumped on me a couple of weeks ago when I said that Super Mario Galaxy was going to crawl, not speed to a million...
considering the drop it seems like its a supply problem.

Wii-za

So assuming SMG sales this week are ~17,000...

[WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) 819,000

GO GALAXY!!!

btw...nice Wii Fit sales...and Wii Sports sales....and Wii Play sales....

...when is Wii Music coming out in Japan? :D

Jirotrom

ethelred said:
No, it's a "holidays are over" problem.
most likely, but thats a huge sales drop really huge for a game that had been selling so steadily for the past few.

then again I don't have these numbers memorized or anything so w/e.

Lobster

Banned
Jirotrom said:
most likely, but thats a huge sales drop really huge for a game that had been selling so steadily for the past few.

That was because of the holidays though..If there was no holidays, it would have hit 17k a week or 2 ago.

Vinnk

ethelred said:
That's a lot easier to achieve when all the system's owners band together to buy the only game on the PSP.

It plays other games?! They should advertise that on the box.

Rolf NB

ethelred said:
No, it's a "holidays are over" problem.
Every single game in that chart shares that problem. They all dropped, of course, but that doesn't affect the relative standing. Galaxy simply dropped harder than any other top-ten game did.

bcn-ron said:
Every single game in that chart shares that problem. They all dropped, of course, but that doesn't affect the relative stainding. Galaxy simply dropped harder than any other top-ten game did.

Last week, top 10 total unit sales were 987,433. This week: 338k.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I was wondering if Call of Duty 4 had been discounted yet seeing that the 360 version wasn't on the charts and then jumped back up along with the Ps3 version jumping up so high?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Segata Sanshiro said:
Mario & Sonic have teamed forces to ROCK YOUR FACE
So, how ridiculous would it be if the DS version sold more than 1 million :O

Rolf NB

Cheesemeister said:
Last week, top 10 total unit sales were 987,433. This week: 338k.
Why yes, that's what I'm saying. Everything sold less, because indeed the holiday sales are over. But when everything drops by the same percentage, the chart positions aren't changing. This week's top ten titles are last week's top ten titles, with just two of them swapped out and the positions slightly rejiggled.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
14./38. [PS3] Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)

say wat?

jgwhiteus

Raw64life said:
And everyone jumped on me a couple of weeks ago when I said that Super Mario Galaxy was going to crawl, not speed to a million...

Well, it definitely won't make it before the end of January or February or anything...but with 180,000 to go, I'd say it'll definitely make it there by mid-year (5 months ~ 20 weeks; only needs to pull sub-10K average/week for that).

It might hang around 10-15K for a couple of weeks, maybe dropping below 10K at times, but also having stronger weeks during the traditional bigger holiday periods (Golden Week?) Also, if Wii Fit continues to sell strong and helps sell Wiis, then SMG would probably benefit (along with Wii Sports, MP8, etc.). It'll be well over a million by the time 2008 is over, I think...who knows what its lifetime sales will be. 1.5M+? Maybe even in the 2M range if the Wii continues to do well and this generation lasts long enough? Mario games just stick around for a long, long time...

ethelred

Lightning said:
Referring to last week no PS3 games in the top 30 I believe, this week there are 3.

Ever hear that expression about how when the river drains out, fish think they're flying?

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Raw64life said:
You said it would "struggle to make it to a million," which is a completely different than "crawl to a million."

Rolf NB

Segata Sanshiro said:
I bet it has a lot of rigorous "scratching". Should be quite awful! And sell better than most handheld games!

Yay?
Not me. I hated these games for 25 years and will not stop doing so now. Input-device masturbation must be one of the stupidest form of entertainment I have ever personally witnessed.

Lightning

Banned
ethelred said:
Ever hear that expression about how when the river drains out, fish think they're flying?
Ass :lol

Anyway, you've scared me away. I am not coming back to this thread until tomorrow when the hardware figures are in. :lol

Novid

Banned
*reads list*

01./02. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 90,000 / 1,101,000
02./01. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Nintendo) - 43,000 / 1,527,000
03./03. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo) - 33,000 / 2,658,000
04./04. [NDS] Final Fantasy IV (Square-Enix) - 32,000 / 537,000
05./14. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd (Capcom) - 26,000 / 1,511,000
06./08. [NDS] Prof. Layton and Pandora's Box (Level 5) - 25,000 / 708,000
07./07. [NDS] Dragon Quest IV (Square-Enix) - 25,000 / 1,143,000
08./06. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo) - 25,000 / 2,155,000
09./09. [WII] Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo) - 22,000 / 468,000
10./11. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo) - 17,000 / 2,908,000

what? *reads it again*

01./02. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 90,000 / 1,101,000
02./01. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Nintendo) - 43,000 / 1,527,000

WTF? *takes out magnifing glass*

OMG...

hahaohwow.jpeg :lol :lol :lol

How the hell does this game do it?

Raw64life

JJConrad said:
You said it would "struggle to make it to a million," which is a completely different than "crawl to a million."

People usually don't crawl unless they have to, hence struggling. I'd say the point I was trying to make was crystal clear.

I can't believe I'm arguing about this

bcn-ron said:
Not me. I hated these games for 25 years and will not stop doing so now. Input-device masturbation must be one of the stupidest form of entertainment I have ever personally witnessed.
Especially when wang-masturbation is far more entertaining than these games could ever hope to be buuuut I digress

Terrell

Lightning said:
Ass :lol

Anyway, you've scared me away. I am not coming back to this thread until tomorrow when the hardware figures are in. :lol
Or you could just be disappointed now instead... less wasted time. :D

apujanata

ethelred said:
That's a lot easier to achieve when all the system's owners band together to buy the only game on the PSP.

I thought MHP is a non-game, being 1 Million+ and all that. You should said : the only non-game on the PSP (since it is the only game to break the 1 Million milestone).

It is a pity that PSP, which have reached almost double sales compared to GC, only manage to get 1 Million seller, exactly the same as GC (and SSBM).

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
so Wii Play and Wii Sports are finally beating Mario Galaxy week by week soundily, just like i thought... :p

ethelred

davepoobond said:
so Wii Play and Wii Sports are finally beating Mario Galaxy week by week soundily, just like i thought... :p

Wow! Can you tell us about some of your other bold predictions? Did you take a position on whether or not the sun will come up daily? Whether the IRS will continue to be unpopular?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ethelred said:
Wow! Can you tell us about some of your other bold predictions? Did you take a position on whether or not the sun will come up daily? Whether the IRS will continue to be unpopular?

hey hey hey, this was a long time ago man. when all those people were saying mario galaxy would be sellin more than wii sports/play or whatever.

if its someone to mock, it was the other people from that thread from last year.

and the sun doesn't come up, we revolve around it.

Top Bottom