• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 10/23 - 10/29

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Square2005 said:
[/B]
So 304,000 were shipped day one...

This thread's already up to page 4 and w/o ioi!!
Anyone know what happened to him?
Ever since he received that harsh pounding in the last m-create thread he's vanished and hasn't even updated his website...
hang2.gif

Link

The Autumn Wind
donny2112 said:
There once was a boy name Mono,
Who said PSP sales were fine-o.
He refused recent trends,
Ignored sales for his ends,
And now he is permanently gone-o.
blue-ribbon-winner.jpg

jesusraz

Chibbi Brady said:
Do we have any impressions for WE DS? Surely someone picked it up.

Will a full review of it suffice? :) And I don't think its sales are terrible. 31,000 in its first day isn't awful...Trust me, if it hits a lifetime of 200,000 then Konami should be happy. It's good, but not 'million-seller' good...

cvxfreak

Square2005 said:
[/B]
So 304,000 were shipped day one...

This thread's already up to page 4 and w/o ioi!!
Anyone know what happened to him?
Ever since he received that harsh pounding in the last m-create thread he's vanished and hasn't even updated his website...

He's not allowed into Media Create threads.

chadums90

cvxfreak said:
He's not allowed into Media Create threads.

How long of a cooling off period will there be for this? He can't just be warned about where the boundaries are? I enjoyed some of the stuff he pointed out - I just knew you couldn't take it as the 100% truth - just a nice little guide.

chadums90 said:
How long of a cooling off period will there be for this? He can't just be warned about where the boundaries are? I enjoyed some of the stuff he pointed out - I just knew you couldn't take it as the 100% truth - just a nice little guide.

He recently collected a butload of sales info from all those Weekly Famitsoos he bought so I hope he makes a comeback and shares some more of it.

He's probably so bizzy trying to translate all those issues...
I think he said he had over 300 issues!!!

donny2112

By NPD reckoning (October being a 4-week month), this is the lowest month for the DS since the DS Lite launched. Interestingly enough, it is also the highest month of sales for the DS excluding other DS Lite months and Decembers. :p
It is also higher than every PSP month except Dec-05.

Since the DS is still sold out in Japan, I can only assume (and hope) that this means Nintendo is stockpiling for New Year's.

This is the second-lowest month ever (by NPD reckoning) for the PSP in Japan.

1. Jul-05 80,489
2. Oct-06 88,832
3. Aug-05 89,916

No other month is below 100K for the PSP.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
More than 100k...the last GBA one started with 70k as someone said before, and in its first week it was at 175k. Also ended near 700k.

More accurate numbers btw...

First day sales
DS Hoshi no Kirby: Sanjou! Dorocche Dan - 85000 (28%)
DS World Soccer Winning Eleven DS - 23.000 (29%)
DS World Soccer Winning Eleven DS Limited Edition - 8000 (60%)
Go Kirby! Do better over the next few days!

cvxfreak

That's a pretty big improvement over Touch! Kirby. I expect Kirby DS 2 to be like the GBA remake from 2002, selling over a long period of time even after the big holiday. I think it may sell a million as well.

Winning Eleven DS is a bit disappointing considering the big deal that was made of it with a bundle and all. Winning Eleven 9 on PSP sold 107K in its first week, so I doubt the DS game will top it. In fact it can't if the shipment number is accurate.

NomarTyme

Does anybody know how Winning Eleven DS was shipped?

Edit: Ahh yes jokes on me.

How many units of Winning Eleven DS did Konami shipped?

CoolTrick

Banned
AniHawk was, of course, the know it all video game store employee who swore up and down the PSP would beat the DS in America.

AniHawk

CoolTrick said:
AniHawk was, of course, the know it all video game store employee who swore up and down the PSP would beat the DS in America.

It would have, too, if Sony didn't stop supporting the thing 8 months into its lifespan.

Rock_Man

Famitsu (10/30 - 11/5)

1 NDS Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (Pokemon)
2 NDS Hoshi no Kirby (Nintendo)
3 NDS Otona no Joushikiryoku Training DS (Nintendo)
4 NDS Winning Eleven DS (Konami)
5 NDS New SMB (Nintendo)
6 NDS More Brain Age (Nintendo)
7 PS2 Ryu ga Gotoku (PS2 the Best) (Sega)
8 NDS Tales of the Tempest (Namco)
9 PSP Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception (Namco)
10 NDS Zaidan Houjin Nihon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kyoukai Kounin Kanken DS

bold = new

Bo130

According to Enterbrain Kirby sold 150.000 in its first week. That's almost double of what Canvas Curse did. Looking good :D

Fischbrot

from gamefront:

Nintendo hat von dem Actionspiel Kirby Squeak Squad (jap. 'Hoshi no Kirby: Sanjou! Dorocche Dan') in der ersten Woche der Veröffentlichung ca. 150.000 Einheiten in Japan verkaufen können. Das geht aus Erhebungen von Enterbrain hervor. Das Spiel kam am 02.11.06 auf den Markt.

nice :)

Rock_Man said:
Famitsu (10/30 - 11/5)

1 NDS Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (Pokemon)
2 NDS Hoshi no Kirby (Nintendo)
3 NDS Otona no Joushikiryoku Training DS (Nintendo)
4 NDS Winning Eleven DS (Konami)
5 NDS New SMB (Nintendo)
6 NDS More Brain Age (Nintendo)
7 PS2 Ryu ga Gotoku (PS2 the Best) (Sega)
8 NDS Tales of the Tempest (Namco)
9 PSP Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception (Namco)
10 NDS Zaidan Houjin Nihon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kyoukai Kounin Kanken DS

bold = new
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl combined are still at the top. And during Christmas, they will without doubt reach the 4 millions mark.
Kirby has a nice start, but I think that it will not have good legs: only my impression, but I believe it.
And the rest, is classic: 8/10 games are on Nintendo DS, one PS2 and one PSP. Media Create's thread are getting really boring. In the first semester of 2005, things were much interesting: the PSP was head to head o the DS and it was amusing read the Ntards vs. Sonybots posts. :lol Now, the Nintendo DS is dominating Japan with a 80% market share since too much time. And the routine is installed since more then 1 year.

But now....I hope that with PS3 and Wii, things will become more interesting.

ziran

if i'm reading babelfished sinobi right:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

kirby ~150k
we ds ~50k

common sense training total ~350k, good word of mouth spreading
tales of tempest total ~100k
kanji quiz total >200k
ace combat total ~70k
everybody's tennis total ~500k

xbox 360 core system over 6,000 may even reach 10,000

can anyone who understands japanese confirm? (thanks)

toonface

ziran said:
if i'm reading babelfished sinobi right:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

kirby ~150k
we ds ~50k

common sense training total ~350k, good word of mouth spreading
tales of tempest total ~100k
kanji quiz total >200k
ace combat total ~70k
everybody's tennis total ~500k

xbox 360 core system over 6,000 may even reach 10,000

can anyone who understands japanese confirm? (thanks)

Wow, any new releases or what would be the reason for this jump in sales?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Fischbrot said:
from gamefront:

Nintendo hat von dem Actionspiel Kirby Squeak Squad (jap. 'Hoshi no Kirby: Sanjou! Dorocche Dan') in der ersten Woche der Veröffentlichung ca. 150.000 Einheiten in Japan verkaufen können. Das geht aus Erhebungen von Enterbrain hervor. Das Spiel kam am 02.11.06 auf den Markt.

nice :)

yay! although it makes me sad that Canvas curse didn't do this well.

Fischbrot

from gamefront:

Microsoft bietet das Xbox 360 Core System (Konsole ohne Festplatte) seit dem 02.11.06 auch in Japan an.

core system release. :)

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
It's curious. Everyone seems normal that the Brain series are still there, more than a year after. I do not remember any game that had this curve. This is new to the industry at least in Japan (I think the Sims and Star Craft did something near to this)

tanasten said:
It's curious. Everyone seems normal that the Brain series are still there, more than a year after. I do not remember any game that had this curve. This is new to the industry at least in Japan (I think the Sims and Star Craft did something near to this)

For definition, we call a thing abnormal, when it is outside the routine. The Brain Games are in the top 10 since so much time, that their performances are now considered Standard as well.

argon

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
For definition, we call a thing abnormal, when it is outside the routine. The Brain Games are in the top 10 since so much time, that their performances are now considered Standard as well.

You are correct that their performance has become standard fare for any given week, but he's comparing the sales curve of the Brain Training games to the vast majority of game releases in Japan. In that respect, it's abnormal.

Ngeist

Those are poor sales for Winning Eleven DS...Especially compared with those of the PSP version last year.

I'm not sure it will come back next year on DS...

Bo130 said:
Auch, TotT bomba.
Indeed, just comparing it to Ryu ga Gotoku re-release, it was 90k vs 30k , now its over ToT lol. Plus near 200k shipment, so 100k still unsold. ToD is going to smash it.

WE DS very bad too, probably doesn't deserve more just like tales, still very low numbers and most likely it won't get a new installment next year (well, maybe if it does good in Europe it will).

Oh, forgot to say, Minna no Tennis 500k! :)
I hope Sony gets the message...

Kirby CC hasn't even broken the 300,000 mark in Japan. So Spirit Squad should do great ^_^

And as is the case with TotT and WE, DS underperforms on these 3rd party titles WAAYYY too much. Perhaps handheld market just isn't for these games... but the PSP version of WE performed much better.

D*** that ignorant DS fanbase. Buy the REAL games!

LanceStern said:
Kirby CC hasn't even broken the 300,000 mark in Japan. So Spirit Squad should do great ^_^

And as is the case with TotT and WE, DS underperforms on these 3rd party titles WAAYYY too much. Perhaps handheld market just isn't for these games... but the PSP version of WE performed much better.

D*** that ignorant DS fanbase. Buy the REAL games!

1st: It's Squeak Squad.

2nd: Stop using 300K as a benchmark for success.

3rd: TotT is a disgrace to the 'Tales of' name. It should NOT be selling, further Namco support be damned.

Pureauthor said:
3rd: TotT is a disgrace to the 'Tales of' name. It should NOT be selling, further Namco support be damned.

SRSLY.

News flash to Japanese companies: even the mighty DS does not print "trade a turd in a box for money" coupons.

Pureauthor said:
1st: It's Squeak Squad.

2nd: Stop using 300K as a benchmark for success.

2. I'll stop using 300,000 when some **** titles (ANY kind. Not even BRAND NAMES besides Nintendos can get it!) can actually make it there with a freakin 11 million fanbase to work with.

3. It's an average title, and it has tales in it on the DS. It should not be doing only 100,000 despite it's butt-ugly graphic direction, and decent gameplay. Legendia was crap and you see it still sold well. There's not excuse except the fanbase is ignorant and aren't buying real games enough.

4. I see you ignored winning eleven's bombaciousness.

However, I will applaud the DS for selling the more obscure titles in a decent amount. Digimon Story, Harvest Moon, DBZ, but that's just a SMALL handful. Get those damn 3rd party titles to start selling Nintendo!

Pureauthor said:

Maybe Nintendo should start creating polls for gamers at stores with questions like:

"Why did you decide to not purchase this game?"
a. Don't know enough about it
b. Don't have the money
c. Don't want it
d. Reviews say it's a bad game
e. Other ________

And then they forward it to respective companies. Maybe then Namco would stop screwing the DS over with crap like Tamagotchi, Pac Pix, Dig Dug and **** like that, and giving us quality titles like they do the PSP (Tekken, Ace Combat) which AREN'T selling well either btw

LanceStern said:
Maybe Nintendo should start creating polls for gamers at stores with questions like:

b. Don't have the money
c. Don't want it
e. Other ________

And then they forward it to respective companies. Maybe then Namco would stop screwing the DS over with crap like Tamagotchi, Pac Pix, Dig Dug and **** like that, and giving us quality titles like they do the PSP (Tekken, Ace Combat) which AREN'T selling well either btw

you know this should be done for all games. Granted it might be sckewed somewhat, but what a good way to actual get feedback from the owners of the respective system as to why they didn't buy it

disco

LanceStern said:

b. Don't have the money
c. Don't want it
e. Other ________

tamagotchi sellz, tekken wouldnt no offense, i mean? who cares about tekken anymore?

LanceStern said:
2. I'll stop using 300,000 when some **** titles (ANY kind. Not even BRAND NAMES besides Nintendos can get it!) can actually make it there with a freakin 11 million fanbase to work with.

How about you stop doing it when it becomes stupid, misleading, and HELLA ANNOYING to do it.

3. It's an average title, and it has tales in it on the DS. It should not be doing only 100,000 despite it's butt-ugly graphic direction, and decent gameplay.

Do you even have any idea what the hell you are talking about? The game is so short that the sales went down the second day it was released because people were able to beat the game before that and provide terrible final impressions. It lacks very basic elements of the Tales system like being able to command your party to take actions. It's a piece of crap, and terrible word of mouth completely destroyed its sales.

4. I see you ignored winning eleven's bombaciousness.

Isn't WEDS supposed to be, like, unimaginably atrocious?

Top Bottom