• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales - 10/30 - 11/5

Jiggy

One more week. Animal Crossing just has to hang on one more week for Nintendo to claim four three-million-sellers in the top ten at once.

Also, nice sales for Kirby, AKA platformer of the year if Yoshi's Island DS isn't.

You know how long I had to dig through the old Media Create threads to find all the gifs? :lol

Tell you what, if you can link me to your older avatar, I'll edit it into the post, deal?

cvxfreak

Pureauthor said:
You know how long I had to dig through the old Media Create threads to find all the gifs? :lol

Tell you what, if you can link me to your older avatar, I'll edit it into the post, deal?

I was joking, but here. :D :lol

ShowDog

Haha Common Sense Training, I somehow missed this before. What is it, a note inside an otherwise empty box that says "Don't buy dumb shit like this anymore"

Xeke

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
One more week. Animal Crossing just has to hang on one more week for Nintendo to claim four three-million-sellers in the top ten at once.

Also, nice sales for Kirby, AKA platformer of the year if Yoshi's Island DS isn't.

You do realize that New Super Mario Bros. came out this year right?

cvxfreak

Xeke said:
You do realize that New Super Mario Bros. came out this year right?

To each his own. Hardly anyone has the same focuses and tastes as Jiggy, and that's perfectly fine. He'll gladly name Pokemon DP the GOTY while everyone else probably wouldn't. Simple.

apujanata

Will we get 150K+ for DSL this week, or is it back to 100K+, or (improbable) even dip to below 100K ?
I am betting on 100K+.

The more interesting speculation is : When will Nintendo release a "Best price" edition of their DS games ? end of 2007 ? 2008 ?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hey guys, I was just wondering if WEDS sales included the bundle. Maybe it did >100K total this week?

enishi said:
Interesting fight for No.1 spot on NDS SW LTD :lol

Brain Age 2 should surpass Animal Crossing next week.
New Super Mario Bro. will become No.1 before Dec;
before Pokeman destroys everything in 1-2 weeks

:lol

Pureauthor said:
So, here’s a little something I whipped up because I have nothing better to do with my time (except play videogames, but this is GAF, we don’t play games, we only whine about them):

A Short History of the NDS in Japan (as told through pictures):

(All pictures taken from various threads on NeoGAF. In particular, thank androgyne for the 'It Prints Money!'gif.)

AWESOME dude!:)

ethelred

Bebpo said:
If Tempest at #11 only did 12k, then that means FFIII as #20 did under 10k. Hmm....falling...it is....

:lol

You are absolutely downright desperate to see this game not sell a million copies. Keep on fightin' the good fight!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bebpo said:
If Tempest at #11 only did 12k, then that means FFIII as #20 did under 10k. Hmm....falling...it is....
:lol did you make a bet or something?

ethelred

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
9/10: Nintendo DS
1/10: PSP.

Thank you for your, as typical, sterling contribution. I don't know what the rest of us would do without your assistance in counting to one.

KINGMOKU

LegendofJoe said:
what kind of effect do u guys think the Wii and Ps3 will have on these charts?
GAF has become kind of gunshy about predicting whats going to happen in Japan after the DS.

Sgt. Killjoy said:
so when Wii comes out, is it pretty much going to be a top 30 of Nintendo games?

This is not so out of question after all. Of course 25/30 for Nintendo DS. Twilight Princess, Wii Sports and Wario Ware in the Top 10 and the rest something around.

Xeke

Banned
cvxfreak said:
To each his own. Hardly anyone has the same focuses and tastes as Jiggy, and that's perfectly fine. He'll gladly name Pokemon DP the GOTY while everyone else probably wouldn't. Simple.

Fair enough.

ethelred said:
Thank you for your, as typical, sterling contribution. I don't know what the rest of us would do without your assistance in counting to one.

What's with the Mithos hate, ethel? I mean, it's not like a large number of posts in this topic really contribute anything. Why single him out?

That's some great Kirby numbers.

No doubt it'll reach 300,000 very soon. Hopefully it'll breakthe 500k over it's lifetime. Kirby deserves it.

And PLEASE Animal Crossing, you HAVE to stay king! You HAVE to beat Brain Age 2!!!

I love Animal Crossing

You know... Mario Kart DS sure has some nice legs. It's always hanging around in the Top 30 every time I actuallyy pay attention to the rankings after 10. Amazing how far it's come.

But where did Mario Basketball go? It was doing so well

ethelred said:
At least his contribution wasn't needlessly vitriolic.

ethelred

LanceStern said:
You know... Mario Kart DS sure has some nice legs. It's always hanging around in the Top 30 every time I actuallyy pay attention to the rankings after 10. Amazing how far it's come.

But where did Mario Basketball go? It was doing so well

It didn't stop doing well. Its sales are excellent. Not everything is going to continue selling forever. It's already sold more than double Mario Tennis (225,000 more, to be exact) -- what more do you want?

AndoCalrissian said:
At least his contribution wasn't needlessly vitriolic.

My vitriol towards him is perfectly fair. He does the same shit in every week's Media Create thread -- and in every thread in which he participates. He's one of the most annoying and zealous fanboys here. Yeah, people make the DS/PSP cracks right off the bat, but that stuff dies off pretty quickly (far up on the first page). All he was doing was trying to start it up again. Yes, there was a PSP game in the top ten. Just one. We get it. Anyone that can't look at the actual list and discern that stunningly obvious fact doesn't deserve to be allowed on the internet, let alone in these threads.

LegendofJoe said:
Oh, come on there's not much time left. Why not?
A lot of people predicted that the PSP would force Nintendo to go third party by killing its handheld business. Basically, people were expecting the DS to be like a handheld Dreamcast:- sell well at launch, but die as soon as the Sony gadget was released.

A lot of those people were forced to eat humble pie, not just once, but again and again and again after Nintendogs came out as the DS mercilessly beat the PSP into the ground. More and more non-traditional games were released and the DS went from strength to strength. Then the DS Lite was released and it was all over. It got to the point where the DS didn't even need Pokemon to destroy any chance the PSP ever had.

With the PS3 and Wii, people are less inclined to make bold predictions, since they know that if they get it wrong, GAF will never, ever shut up about it. Their quotes will be dredged up for ownage a year or two down the track, so they say nothing.

AniHawk

strangelove.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

I don't know, it seemed like MB3on3 was showing some of those amazing DS legs (we should come up with an actualy word for that... maybe dregs).

Anyways, it dropped out of the Top 30 suddenly which is why I brought it up. It sold very well though. 330,000 if I'm not mistaken, and as well all know, that's over 300k. >_>

But which mario Tennis are you saying it sold more than double? The GBA one rite?

Link to the Past, I consider Animal Crossing a real game, and a fine one at that. It shouldn't lose to the likes of (even though it too is good) Brain Age. Come on Animal Crossing!!!

vicious_killer_squirrel said:
A lot of people predicted that the PSP would force Nintendo to go third party by killing its handheld business. Basically, people were expecting the DS to be like a handheld Dreamcast:- sell well at launch, but die as soon as the Sony gadget was released.

A lot of those people were forced to eat humble pie, not just once, but again and again and again after Nintendogs came out as the DS mercilessly beat the PSP into the ground. More and more non-traditional games were released and the DS went from strength to strength. Then the DS Lite was released and it was all over. It got to the point where the DS didn't even need Pokemon to destroy any chance the PSP ever had.

The repitition and diction really hammers in what a severe butt-raping the PSP received after Nintendogs and the Touch Generation came out. It was like 3 atom bombs hitting within a few weeks of each other.

Mercilessly beat it to the ground = :lol :lol :lol :lol

I changed the conclusion pic already. It was originally Iwata standing on top of Nintendo's building holding up the DS, with a rain of cash pouring around him.

ethelred said:
It didn't stop doing well. Its sales are excellent. Not everything is going to continue selling forever. It's already sold more than double Mario Tennis (225,000 more, to be exact) -- what more do you want?

My vitriol towards him is perfectly fair. He does the same shit in every week's Media Create thread -- and in every thread in which he participates. He's one of the most annoying and zealous fanboys here. Yeah, people make the DS/PSP cracks right off the bat, but that stuff dies off pretty quickly (far up on the first page). All he was doing was trying to start it up again. Yes, there was a PSP game in the top ten. Just one. We get it. Anyone that can't look at the actual list and discern that stunningly obvious fact doesn't deserve to be allowed on the internet, let alone in these threads.

Mithos is a cool addition to this threads. Watch your mouth cur! Q('.'Q)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
LanceStern said:
Mithos is a cool addition to this threads. Watch your mouth cur! Q('.'Q)
Mithos isn't a cool addition to anything. He's worse than your silly expectations. But I guess they keep the thread alive......

Top Bottom