• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales - 10/30 - 11/5

Raw64life

Rock_Man said:
LTD through 11/5, based on weekly numbers rounded to the nearest integer since April 17.

PS2 19,921,688
GBA 8,822,851
DS 6,580,735
GBASP 5,902,321
DSL 5,477,109
GC 4,163,243
PSP 4,156,429
XB 475,569
X360 159,095
PS3 0

PSP will pass GC this week.

Thanks. I updated the first post with these, I recommend future MC thread starters do the same. Also, any idea on a GBM LTD?

This November the DS will have its 2nd birthday, and by the year end it will most likely have overtaken the GBA LTD. So the DS has done in 2 years what took the GBA its entire life. I reckon if Nintendo can manufacture enough it will overtake the ps2 around the end of 2007. Why did I even bother, everyone knows this shit anyway. If someone taught me to spoiler I would have blacked it all out.

First day numbers (no PS3 since that is Saturday stuff not Thrusday)
NDS Zaidan Houjin Nippon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kyoukai Koushiki Soft: 200 Mannin no KanKen: Tokoton Kanji Nou - 12.000
PS2 Mai-Kinoto Hime LE - 3.000 Normal - 2.200

Btw, from the same source, says Winning Eleven 50k for the week. Seeing its first day, and now this, I think we should wait for Famitsu data to see if MC was spot-on or not...

EDIT: Actually, seems Dengeki says 64k for Winning Eleven...so we have 50k from neoplay, 64k dengeki, 90k MC...I think I will wait for Famitsu numbers...:lol

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
the thoroughbred said:
This November the DS will have its 2nd birthday, and by the year end it will most likely have overtaken the GBA LTD. So the DS has done in 2 years what took the GBA its entire life.
Mmm no, won't happen that early, GBA + SP is at 14,725,172 while DS + L is at 12,057,844.

That's a 2,667,328 units lead for the GBA.

If the DSL sells 150k average each week, it'll need nearly 18 weeks to catch up (assuming no GBA/SP sales), which is 4.5 months, which means that it won't catch up before mid march.

Assuming that Nintendo has hoarded units like mad and they have like 1.2 million DSL for december (not a chance) instead of ~600,000 the DSL will still need a bit under 10 weeks apart from december, which leads us to mid-febuary at best.

And the GBM adds a good 4 week to this estimate.

March, not before, potentially delayed until avril.

The DS will overtake the GBA LTD early 2007, but there's not a chance it'll do it by the end of 2006.

I do, on the other hand, agree with your catchup-to-PS2 estimate, PS2's lead is barely 5m units at this point (5.2m), if the DS keeps on outselling the PS2 by >100k units every week it should have the PS2 beaten beofre november 2007

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
NDS Zaidan Houjin Nippon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kyoukai Koushiki Soft: 200 Mannin no KanKen: Tokoton Kanji Nou - 12.000

surprised for such low result...

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Btw, from the same source, says Winning Eleven 50k for the week. Seeing its first day, and now this, I think we should wait for Famitsu data to see if MC was spot-on or not...

EDIT: Actually, seems Dengeki says 64k for Winning Eleven...so we have 50k from neoplay, 64k dengeki, 90k MC...I think I will wait for Famitsu numbers...:lol

i remember someone posted the chart without numbers (we'll get them next week), which was WE DS position on that chart? i don't remember...

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

i've found Famitsu chart without numbers:
Famitsu (10/30 - 11/5)

1 NDS Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (Pokemon)
2 NDS Hoshi no Kirby (Nintendo)
3 NDS Otona no Joushikiryoku Training DS (Nintendo)
4 NDS Winning Eleven DS (Konami)
5 NDS New SMB (Nintendo)
6 NDS More Brain Age (Nintendo)
7 PS2 Ryu ga Gotoku (PS2 the Best) (Sega)
8 NDS Tales of the Tempest (Namco)
9 PSP Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception (Namco)
10 NDS Zaidan Houjin Nihon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kyoukai Kounin Kanken DS

bold = new

considering Pokemon will be around 180-200k, Kirby should be around 150k, Common Sense probably over 100k, nSMB and BT2 should be not less than 30k...
WE DS first week could be around 60-80k, not such a bad start IMO

neo2046

rumor

PS3 20G - 32,000
PS3 60G - 51,000
(total 83,000)

RR7 - 27000 (38%)
Gundam - 20000 (26%)
Resistence - 16000 (40%)
Genji - 10000 (20%)
Sega Golf Club - 3000 (24%)

AniHawk

neo2046 said:
rumor

PS3 20G - 32,000
PS3 60G - 51,000
(total 83,000)

RR7 - 27000 (38%)
Gundam - 20000 (26%)
Resistence - 16000 (40%)
Genji - 10000 (20%)

Nothing too surprising. RR7 will be the best selling game on the system for quite a bit.

neo2046 said:
rumor

PS3 20G - 32,000
PS3 60G - 51,000
(total 83,000)

RR7 - 27000 (38%)
Gundam - 20000 (26%)
Resistence - 16000 (40%)
Genji - 10000 (20%)

As already said, horrible attach rate. I expected similar Hardware's sales, but a better ratio games/console

ioi

Banned
I don't think many people have said a lot about the fact that Pokemon D/P has pretty much sold ~200k for the last 4 weeks now, which is pretty impressive, the fourth biggest week 4 ever and the biggest for a non-holiday period.

http://www.vgcharts.org/japwk.php?week=6

R/S will be easily surpassed and G/S should also be, expect boosts to over 400k again for a few weeks over xmas. A good comparison has to be with Pokemon Yellow or Emerald (although they were both 'expansions' and not main entries but released at a similar time) - look at the bost both titles got around xmas and how they had both dropped to around 20-30k in Nov - D/P is still up at 150-200k so you can expect at least a 2-3 times jump in mid Dec.

http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Pokemon+Diamond+%2F+Pearl&name2=Pokemon+Yellow
http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Pokemon+Diamond+%2F+Pearl&name2=Pokemon+Emerald

I think from both those titles, you can expect another 2 weeks of slight decreases (to 130-150k) and then increasing back up again to somthing like 450k the week ending 30th Dec (hitting 4.9m in the process and being top-seller of the year).

Very impressive, and also expect NSMB to surpass the total for Super Mario World in the next 2 weeks...

http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=New+Super+Mario+Bros&name2=Super+Mario+World

And who was it who said 7-8 months ago to watch out for BT 1/2, Animal Crossing and possibly NSMB to all pass 4m and DS to easily hit 12m by the end of the year?

ioi said:
I don't think many people have said a lot about the fact that Pokemon D/P has pretty much sold ~200k for the last 4 weeks now, which is pretty impressive, the fourth biggest week 4 ever and the biggest for a non-holiday period.

R/S will be easily surpassed and G/S should also be, expect boosts to over 400k again for a few weeks over xmas.

Very impressive, and also expect NSMB to surpass the total for Super Mario World in the next 2 weeks...

http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=New+Super+Mario+Bros&name2=Super+Mario+World

And who was it who said 7-8 months ago to watch out for BT 1/2, Animal Crossing and possibly NSMB to all pass 4m and DS to easily hit 12m by the end of the year?

The problem is that it has become annoying to say that games on Nintendo DS scored records, because it happens too frequently. :)

ioi

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
The problem is that it has become annoying to say that games on Nintendo DS scored records, because it happens too frequently. :)

But you still have to take your hat off at just HOW MUCH the DS is destroying everything - not just in the present as it has no real competition, but the fact that a handheld will sell over 40m units of software in a year is unheard of - GBA / GB were doing less than half that at best- these are more like PS numbers for software and most would agree (you only have to look at the figures / tie ratios) that handheld software has traditionally sold much less than console. This is the first time ever a handheld has dominated the charts, which for me is an impressive achievement.

The number of 4m sellers will also be unprecidented, the rate of sale of those games is nothing like has ever been seen before with Nintendo products. NSMB has annihilated the next fastest-selling Mario game (Allstars) by a mile and by Jan will be second only to the original Mario Bros in the series. It's only when you look back through all the old data, especially from the Nintendo dominated NES / SNES / GB era pre 95 that you see just how large the numbers are these days. This will be by far Nintendo's best year EVER as a software publisher in Japan.

There are shades of PS 97 all over the place in hardware and software sales, but on a much bigger scale. I think that this will be the biggest year for DS simply due to competition arriving (will Wii follow suit?) but the fact that there are still another 2-3 (4-5?) years left for strong DS support and sales means that it will only pull ahead further.

I expect GBA sales in Japan (17m hardware, 70m software) to be passed by March, just 2 1/4 years from launch.

Mato

neo2046 said:
rumor

PS3 20G - 32,000
PS3 60G - 51,000
(total 83,000)

RR7 - 27000 (38%)
Gundam - 20000 (26%)
Resistence - 16000 (40%)
Genji - 10000 (20%)

That's hardly one game per PS3. I remember PS2 was like that at the begining.

ioi said:
But you still have to take your hat off at just HOW MUCH the DS is destroying everything - not just in the present as it has no real competition, but the fact that a handheld will sell over 40m units of software in a year is unheard of - GBA / GB were doing less than half that at best- these are more like PS numbers for software and most would agree (you only have to look at the figures / tie ratios) that handheld software has traditionally sold much less than console. This is the first time ever a handheld has dominated the charts, which for me is an impressive achievement.

The number of 4m sellers will also be unprecidented, the rate of sale of those games is nothing like has ever been seen before with Nintendo products. NSMB has annihilated the next fastest-selling Mario game (Allstars) by a mile and by Jan will be second only to the original Mario Bros in the series. It's only when you look back through all the old data, especially from the Nintendo dominated NES / SNES / GB era pre 95 that you see just how large the numbers are these days. This will be by far Nintendo's best year EVER as a software publisher in Japan.

There are shades of PS 97 all over the place in hardware and software sales, but on a much bigger scale. I think that this will be the biggest year for DS simply due to competition arriving (will Wii follow suit?) but the fact that there are still another 2-3 (4-5?) years left for strong DS support and sales means that it will only pull ahead further.

I expect GBA sales in Japan (17m hardware, 70m software) to be passed by March, just 2 1/4 years from launch.

Of course I agree. The numbers are officials. But I didn't know that Nintendo has sold more games in 2006 then never before. I thought that the mauch of the Gameboy, or the SNES has been even better.
But it is a fact that Nintendo DS is dominating Japan since more then 1 year and it is more then just impressive.

Mrbob

neo2046 said:
rumor

PS3 20G - 32,000
PS3 60G - 51,000
(total 83,000)

RR7 - 27000 (38%)
Gundam - 20000 (26%)
Resistence - 16000 (40%)
Genji - 10000 (20%)

Oh yeah I forgot PS3 has been released in Japan. Haha.

ioi said:

Of course I agree. The numbers are officials. But I didn't know that Nintendo has sold more games in 2006 then never before. I thought that the mauch of the Gameboy, or the SNES has been even better.
But it is a fact that Nintendo DS is dominating Japan since more then 1 year and it is more then just impressive.

Mato

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Have you the numbers of PS2's launch ? It would be interesting a comparison at this point.

No sorry, I don't keep numbers. I'm sure someone else in here does.

Pureauthor said:
Um, what... just happened in this topic?

Boh ! I have written one post and I have seen then that it edit one post I have wrote before. And it is more then strange, because I cannot edit since a while (and I don't know why and Dragona don't answer me: why ? I Don't know).

Datschge

There is no "VGCharts discussion" outside our two posts, so stop it. Someone just linked to VGCharts, and that's not banned afaicr.

Raw64life

Don't know what the deal with VGCharts discussion is.

neo2046 said:
rumor

PS3 20G - 32,000
PS3 60G - 51,000
(total 83,000)

RR7 - 27000 (38%)
Gundam - 20000 (26%)
Resistence - 16000 (40%)
Genji - 10000 (20%)

Software sales not surprising at all when you consider how many people probably just bought a PS3 to re-sell it. Same thing will probably happen with the PS3 launch in the US; you wont see a game sell anywhere near 400k in November.

cvxfreak

IIRC the DS also sold more hardware than software on its first day, probably because people might've stuck to playing GBA games or something.

Could the Blu-Ray justification suffice here? :)

neo2046 said:
rumor

PS3 20G - 32,000
PS3 60G - 51,000
(total 83,000)

RR7 - 27000 (38%)
Gundam - 20000 (26%)
Resistence - 16000 (40%)
Genji - 10000 (20%)

Numbers dont make sense. Wasnt the rumored shipment 80,000? If so, sales would be 72,000~

If the Sony promiss of 100k hit, than it would be higher, 93kish

If the software is true, the interesting part is that it will be impossible for the games to have legs. You cant sell if people dont own the hardware.

How much did RR6 do BTW?

cvxfreak said:
IIRC the DS also sold more hardware than software on its first day, probably because people might've stuck to playing GBA games or something.

Could the Blu-Ray justification suffice here? :)

Pictochat, and in the US (which also had a less than 1 attach rate) Metroid demo

Rock_Man

jamesinclair said:
Numbers dont make sense. Wasnt the rumored shipment 80,000? If so, sales would be 72,000~

Why 72k? If they sold out it should be 80k and 83k is really close to that number. Neither of the numbers are exact anyway.

ioi said:

R/S will be easily surpassed and G/S should also be, expect boosts to over 400k again for a few weeks over xmas. A good comparison has to be with Pokemon Yellow or Emerald (although they were both 'expansions' and not main entries but released at a similar time) - look at the bost both titles got around xmas and how they had both dropped to around 20-30k in Nov - D/P is still up at 150-200k so you can expect at least a 2-3 times jump in mid Dec.

http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Pokemon+Diamond+%2F+Pearl&name2=Pokemon+Yellow
http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Pokemon+Diamond+%2F+Pearl&name2=Pokemon+Emerald

I think from both those titles, you can expect another 2 weeks of slight decreases (to 130-150k) and then increasing back up again to somthing like 450k the week ending 30th Dec (hitting 4.9m in the process and being top-seller of the year).

WHY IS HE POSTING VGCHARTS

Sp0rsk!

Datschge said:
There is no "VGCharts discussion" outside our two posts, so stop it. Someone just linked to VGCharts, and that's not banned afaicr.

That "someone" is the guy who runs the site, and does nothing but pimp it here, even though it creates big fights every time that lead sp0rsk to ban him from this sort of shit.

He can talk about sales without plugging his site.

chadums90

AdmiralViscen said:

Sp0rsk!

That "someone" is the guy who runs the site, and does nothing but pimp it here, even though it creates big fights every time that lead sp0rsk to ban him from this sort of shit.

Why don't you just ignore him?

ethelred

AdmiralViscen said:

Sp0rsk!

To be fair to ioi, he actually posted that before sp0rsk's ban... the forum's just acting wonky today, so it must have dredged that old thing up.

Mato

Besides who cares, I've been reading these sales threads for years and have never felt pressured to visit his site, thus I haven't. I reckon you shouldn't feel bothered unless you've got the itch. just my two cents

cvxfreak

ethelred said:
To be fair to ioi, he actually posted that before sp0rsk's ban... the forum's just acting wonky today, so it must have dredged that old thing up.

EDIT: Wait, no, he posted that today... how else has Pokemon DP been doing 200K for the last 4 weeks?

chadums90 said:
Why don't you just ignore him?

AdmiralViscen said:
it creates big fights every time

Reading comprehension FTW.

Why should ioi be allowed to spam?

Why should ioi be able to do the opposite of a mod's demand?

And sp0rsk's ban rule was laid out in the September NPD thread, before PKMN was even out.

Top Bottom