• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create sales 11/20-11/26

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Cactus Jack said:
Why are people excited over Wii sales report?

I can tell you what happens right now, sell out and Zelda TP has atleast .75 attach rate, rest of the games sell mediocrely, but system will still have above 1 attach rate systems:games.... PS3 1-2 games tops in Top 30, likely Wii LTD > PS3 LTD due to massive shortages thus people will troll PS3 to no end thinking that this launch somehow proves Sony isnt going to dominate like it did with PS2.

3 years later, we will link to the topic and laugh our asses off to see so many hailing premature victory (or failure, whichever you like) and being the exact opposite of current situation.

End excitement.
People just want to laugh once the Wii is out because the PS3 LTD won't be ahead of the Xbox 360 LTD when the Wii leapfrogs them both.

duderon said:
Oh thank god, a psychic! I don't have to check the media create threads anymore.

Its more educated guess + common sense rather than being a psychic.

Wii will sell out (like almost all consoles do), Zelda will do great and very little else is on the plate. PS3 software will still be struggling and Nintendo fans will claim eternal victory.

The second part is just my switching the DS/PSP situation around as current posts mirror posts made back then almost to a T.

Dahbomb

It's also the first time in like a decade when a Nintendo home console has eclipsed a PS console. This is like Ninty fanboy excitement 10 years in the making. Let them have their fun I say.

Christopher

Vieo said:
What's wrong with Japanese gamers? It's Ridge Racer. HTF can you not want to play Ridge Racer?

Well there are ONLY 80k PS3s floating around in Japan, tell Sony to ship more so the Japanese can play :eek:

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Cactus Jack said:

Wii will sell out (like almost all consoles do), Zelda will do great and very little else is on the plate. PS3 software will still be struggling and Nintendo fans will claim eternal victory.

The second part is just my switching the DS/PSP situation around as current posts mirror posts made back then almost to a T.

I understand your supposed scenario, but there are other factors you are missing. Like Nintendo will come out with games in the future...

If the Wii's success is anything like the DS, then the PS3 will have a shitload of catching up to do. Your chastising people for jumping to conclusions and declaring Nintendo the console victor, while you're doing the same thing for the PS3.

Jammy

Banned
ThirdEye said:
:lol Did N64 have FF13 and MGS4?

MGS games have been selling less and less each installment haven't they? I don't think that's a great example of your "killer-app" in Japan. Something like Winning Eleven I think sells more.

kiUNiT

Christopher said:
Well there are ONLY 80k PS3s floating around in Japan, tell Sony to ship more so the Japanese can play :eek:

How many 360s are in Japan for DOA2X to sell 45000 in one week? If the totals are simular does japan like DOA2X and culdacept that much more more than the legendary RidgeRacer and a Gundam game?

Jammy said:
MGS games have been selling less and less each installment haven't they? I don't think that's a great example of your "killer-app" in Japan. Something like Winning Eleven I think sells more.

Grey pubes made out of 70k polygons.

If that isnt a killer app it most certainly is an exciting technical acheivement.

Pachael

Love and Berry <3 <3 <3
420k gamers can't be wrong - right?

From ze [a href='http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125231']other thread[/a], courtesy of anotheriori via web-japan.org:

web-japan.org said:
WHAT'S COOL IN JAPAN
November 2005
Osharemajo Love and Berry

Young girls have always liked to dress up their favorite dolls in elegant, flowing dresses, style the dolls' hair, and deck them out with bags and other accessories. Now a card game based on this type of fun has become wildly popular among Japanese girls.

Osharemajo Love and Berry (meaning Fashion Witches Love and Berry) was launched in October 2004 by Sega, the same company that created the popular boys' card game The King of Beetles Mushiking. At the start of the game, players receive an Oshare Maho(Fashion Magic) card containing a picture of a fashion item, such as a dress or a pair of shoes. game over and over. Next, they choose between two characters: Love, who adores cute clothing, and Berry, who prefers a cool style of dress. Players then scan their Oshare Maho cards into the game machine and dress their characters up in their favorite styles. After making their characters look just right, the players tap buttons in time with the sound of a tambourine to make their character dance; the winner is the one who can make their character look and dance best. The more cards a player collects, the more options she has to coordinate her player's fashion, so this motivates many girls to play the game over and over.

First-grade elementary school student Yurika began playing Love and Berry this spring and has managed to collect all 88 cards in the 2005 spring/summer collection. "I like watching Love and Berry dance while wearing clothing combinations that match my tastes," said Yurika, who was playing the game at an arcade in a shopping mall with her mom. She has even organized her card collection in an original card holder.

A Sega spokesperson says, "In the autumn/winter 2005 version of the game, players will be able to select from six settings for the game, including a ball, a fashion street, and a disco. When choosing clothing, the advice of the player's mother will be helpful. For instance, a mother might say, 'For a ball, a long dress will stand out.' We hope that this will encourage the mother and child to enjoy communicating while playing the game."

Since mid-September 2005, official contests have been held on weekends at some stores where the game machines are located. Starting at the end of October, Sega began to release the 106 cards that make up the autumn collection, and these new cards will give fashion-loving girls even more choices of clothes and accessories to use in the Love and Berry game.

Of course, by now Yurika would have picked up the 106 cards in the autumn 2005 collection, another 120 or so in the spring 2006 collection, and probably 150 including DS specific cards in the autumn 2006 collection...

Do you see how much moolah's Sega's getting from youngin's, and entrapping them into a lifestyle of collectable gaming? It prints money, and it's pink!

Hero

Tabris said:
How is this awesome?

How is the fact that there's only 80k PS3's out in Japan and thus software of course won't be selling more than 30k awesome?

God. Nintendo fanboys. Maybe I'm just crazy but I don't get cheering for this stuff and it frustrates me that you're all cheering for such weird things.

So it's awesome that the ps3 can't get any sales because there's nothing to sell to but it's A-OK that Love Berry sells 10x more than Castlevania POR. Craziness. Argh, I don't know why I read or reply in these threads, it's frustrating! Back to lurking.

I can understand that it's hard for you to accept that Nintendo is going to dominate Japan this generation, but you should try to calm down a little more.

Even though I have no interest in Love Berry, at least it puts out the "zomg only nintendo games sell on DS third parties cry."

kiUNiT said:
How many 360s are in Japan for DOA2X to sell 45000 in one week? If the totals are simular does japan like DOA2X and culdacept that much more more than the legendary RidgeRacer and a Gundam game?

Apparently. Given that Culdcept sold 18,000 day 1 I'de guess a weekly total of 22,000-25,000.

I think the issue is that 360 is cheaper. I'm sure most PS3 early adapters are "hardcore" gamers and since they can't get PS3 360 may have done it for them. DOAX2's 45,000 is probably mostly selling to previous owners due to the fact DOA4 has sold 97,000 on the platform. However Culdcept Saga seems more of a system seller to me. I doubt 360 will have outsold PS3 for the week but it might have outsold PS2 and PSP. Tommorow is gonna be huge.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Cactus Jack said:

Doesn't the Wii launch with an online Pokemon in Japan?

Cactus Jack said:
Why are people excited over Wii sales report?

I can tell you what happens right now, sell out and Zelda TP has atleast .75 attach rate, rest of the games sell mediocrely, but system will still have above 1 attach rate systems:games.... PS3 1-2 games tops in Top 30, likely Wii LTD > PS3 LTD due to massive shortages thus people will troll PS3 to no end thinking that this launch somehow proves Sony isnt going to dominate like it did with PS2.

3 years later, we will link to the topic and laugh our asses off to see so many hailing premature victory (or failure, whichever you like) and being the exact opposite of current situation.

End excitement.

Um, yeah. Okay. What's up? Shut up.

RaijinFY

Jammy said:

Actually in Japan, MGS3 sold more than 2 and 1. It's in the United States and to a lesser extent in Europe it sold less.

Joe Molotov

Tabris said:
How is this awesome?

How is the fact that there's only 80k PS3's out in Japan and thus software of course won't be selling more than 30k awesome?

God. Nintendo fanboys. Maybe I'm just crazy but I don't get cheering for this stuff and it frustrates me that you're all cheering for such weird things.

So it's awesome that the ps3 can't get any sales because there's nothing to sell to but it's A-OK that Love Berry sells 10x more than Castlevania POR. Craziness. Argh, I don't know why I read or reply in these threads, it's frustrating! Back to lurking.

Dude, just bail out on Sony and hop on the Nintendo bandwagon. It's obvious you want to. We won't judge you.

hopefully mgs4 is more like 3 in terms of how well it sells in japan.

...if it sells really good, maybe the franchise will continue. *runs*

castle007

Banned
kisakiproject said:
Hardware most liekly won't come till tommorow, I'm suprised we aren't getting any of the random # info though.

sure:

DSL 131,431
PS3 32,045
PS2 16,543
PSP 13,698
Xbox360 12,480
GBASP 1,034
GBM 1,004
GC 489
DS 224
GBA 30
Xbox 7

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
cvxfreak said:
Comes out about a week or so after. Should be one of the better selling games.

I thought so. Man if that game sales to only a fraction of the D/P install base it should be amazing.

apujanata

Top PS3 game at #29 and #30, only 3 weeks after launch, can means :
- PS3 will have a much more difficult battle against Wii in Japan (compared to PS2 vs GC)
- PS3 games are not that interesting to Japanese people (yet).

Next week should be very, very interesting. I agree that there is a slight possibility of PS3 selling more than Wii after 3 years in the market, but I think the possibility is very small (less than 10%).

PSP vs DS :
- PSP have higher price, but not too much.
- PSP have better graphics
- PSP have more game (probably)
- DS have innovative interface (stylus)

PS3 vs Wii :
- PS3 have much higher price (around 100% price increase)
- PS3 have better graphics
- PS3 have more game (probably)
- Wii have innovative interface (wiimote)

How can anyone assume that PS3 can do to Wii (if Wii launch much better than PS3, which should be a given) what DSL has done to PSP ? If DSL's condition resemble PS3's condition, then I can understand the reason.

Syb

castle007 said:
PSP 13,698
Xbox360 12,480
BlueDragon comes out on the 7th correct? Does the PSP have any solid titles coming out that week? Could the 360 outsell the PSP? :D

Akira

Who would have expected the Xbox 360 to still be ahead of PS3 at this point? :lol

Actually I'm not even sure if that's true. Anyone have the LTDs?

RaijinFY

Akira said:
Who would have expected the Xbox 360 to still be ahead of PS3 at this point? :lol

This is simply ridiculous... seriously, this is just insane.

Jonnyram

Akira said:

According to an anonymous post on 2ch (grain of salt):
360 = 180k
PS3 = 160k

Nutter

Christopher said:
Wasn't it at 120k since 2 Sundays ago? (Plus whatever it did last week = meaning this weeks number)

Or is it going to stay at 80k until Jan 1? :lol :lol

*I have seen more than just Chris here mention the 80k number so I had to reply. :p

360 = 180k
:O :O :O 360 this week over 10k? HOLY ****ING CRAP

linsivvi

Jonnyram said:
Umm, Castlevania was on last week's charts and sold about 16k. Next you'll be wanting Castlevania to outsell Pokemon too? How can an unpopular thing sell more than a popular thing? It has nothing to do with game/non-game, or whatever your agenda is. Love & Berry is a MASSIVE arcade game, and its success on DS is not surprising at all. How can you be "oh shit, the game industry is ****ed!"?

He posted the exact same crap last week, remember? I'd say good riddance.

castle007 said:
sure:

DSL 131,431
PS3 32,045
PS2 16,543
PSP 13,698
Xbox360 12,480

GBASP 1,034
GBM 1,004
GC 489
DS 224
GBA 30
Xbox 7

It begins. 360 come back c'mon.

This is one of the best 360 weeks ever to date in Japan.

Mrbob

So since the PS3 has come out, PS2 and PSP sales are plummetting while Xbox 360 sales are going up in Japan.

Good job, Sony! ;)

DENKO

castle007 said:
4-(NDS/Nintendo) Common Knowledge Training 81813/611,642

>common sense power Training&#12288;DS

This is a tool that examines the common sense power as the member of society.
The content is wide from common sense to the law knowledge.
The player can compete for the ranking in state and the country by WiFi. :)

Syb said:
BlueDragon comes out on the 7th correct? Does the PSP have any solid titles coming out that week? Could the 360 outsell the PSP? :D

Given BD height ont he Famitsu most wanted. I wouldn't be suprised if it outsold Wii.

Top Bottom