• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11/27 - 12/03

thingonaspring said:
Don't you think M$ have already tryed.

It's going to take much more than one game to turn around X-Box sales in Japan. The original X-Box never attempted to cater to the market there and despite all of the statements to the contrary upon 360 launch, they haven't bothered to make a serious effort with 360 either.

If I was a typical JPN gamer I wouldn't bother purchasing a 360 either.

AniHawk

jj984jj said:
How much will Crisis Core sell? Will an new S-E PSP game beat Monster Hunter?

Honestly, probably under 500k. By the time CC hits, the PSP will be dying and most owners will have abandoned it. Should sell better than the FF Advance games though.

threeball said:
you forgot your /Bepbo footnote

ATTENTION: TOPIC CREATOR: PLEASE PUT IN THE ORIGINAL POST THAT THE WII SALES ARE FOR 2 DAYS ONLY, PEOPLE ARE SEEMING TO FORGET THIS

BLUE DRAGON WAS RELEASED IN JAPAN TODAY, 12/7 ONLY, PEOPLE ARE REALLY SEVERELY SEEMING TO FORGET THIS.

Unless you're from the future, you can't talk about Blue Dragon flopping. Unless it's followed by "Metal Gear Solid 4 Sold Shit This Week, Sony Am In Serious Troubles".

Good Lord.

ksamedi said:
Yeah, they tried with Nintendo... who else?

Anyway, they dont have to buy out, just buy some exlusives.

Pretty sure they have tryed with all the big ones - Square,Konami,Capcom.But only managed to get Tecmo and Sega exclusive games.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
So, the Wii takes the lead in two days? That was much easier than I thought it would be a year ago, shockingly easier in fact. Kudos to Microsoft and Sony for that, they deserve all the credit.

Remember these numbers are based off two days of Wii sales. Next week's MC chart should give us a better idea at how much the Wii is taking over Japan

ksamedi

PantherLotus said:
Hey guys I guess its not time to freak out or claim doomba for the 360, as Blue Dragon only released TODAY.

360 is already doomed, its not about BD, its about Microsofts Japanese policy. One game wont change anything.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Its times like these that I wish I was still unemployed. Not enough time in the day to make my charts. :(

cvxfreak

pilonv1 said:
Can you post the top 10 + all hardware from last year?

LAST YEAR:

1. PS2 Biohazard 4 - Capcom - 243,000
2. DS Animal Crossing - Nintendo - 130,000 (456,000)
3. PSP Monster Hunter Portable - Capcom - 114,000
4. DS Slime Mori Mori DQ 2 - Square Enix - 46,000
5. GBA Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon - Pokemon - 39,000 (209,000)
6. DS Dragonball Z - Bandai - 36,000
7. DS Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon - Pokemon - 35,000 (209,000)
8. GBA Rockman EXE 6 Graygar - Capcom - 33,000 (140,000)
9. GC SD Gundam Gachapon Wars - Bandai - 28,000
10. DS Nou wo kitaeru Otona no DS Training - Nintendo - 26,000 (812,000)

DS 176,958
PSP 92,121
PS2 32,042
GBM 7,911
GBASP 6,797
GC 6,494
GBA 386
Xbox 149

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Damn, Blue Dragon flopped ;_;

Guess it didn't push a million units and make the X360 #1 this week :(

seriously... are you ill at the moment or something? :/

ksamedi said:
360 is already doomed, its not about BD, its about Microsofts Japanese policy. One game wont change anything.

Exactly. If MS would get their heads out of their asses they could have had a serious chance of overtaking PS3 in Japan. Sadly they once again ignored the market there, second generation in a row.

ksamedi

thingonaspring said:
Pretty sure they have tryed with all the big ones - Square,Konami,Capcom.But only managed to get Tecmo and Sega exclusive games.

Yeah im sure they did, but they should try harder, those companies make less profit in a year than Microsoft does in 2 weeks.

sphinx

the piano man
bmf said:
Doesn't that kinda define bomba?

that's my point:

we all know the PS3 is struggling, and shows every sign of being " BOMBA!! ". In short, yes, the PS3 is bombing, for all the reasons I mentioned.

But this isn't news to anyone, is it? asking for PS3 software at this point in time is mean and cruel. Why not let the console get its act together and then start demanding from it?

Loco roco bombing on PSP ( at least compared to DS SW) is an example of a legitimate and humilliating failure on the market:

.- no hardware production problems
.- decent/solid install base
.- Proper knowledge of the Hardware's potential
.- Bundles everywhere

and bombing? THAT is what I mean.

let's give PS3 a chance. I don't want to sound like the typical PS3 defender cause that's the last label I would bear in my entire life, but it still has the software ( FF, MGS, etc. ) to come. If the PS3 meets the conditions I mentioned in the loco roco incident, then yes, everything will have been said and done, kinda like DS/PSP.

edited to add quote

cvxfreak

I have a feeling PSP sales will drop below the 15K mark week after week after the holidays, unless the new colors really give it a boost (and I'm expecting them to). Maybe it might even be below the 10K mark. If the thing gets passed 1M in 2007, then I'll personally be surprised.

I expect Sony to do something about the PS3 and turn it around...but then again I kept thinking that about the PSP as well, and they sat on their hands there.

A price drop alone would have done a lot to help.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Well there's no doubt that launch numbers do not guarantee a console's success. Look back to the PSP launch, compared with its moderate success, or even better, the DS's turnaround from launch compared with its hotcake success now.

Jonnyram

ksamedi said:
What is Microsoft's Japanese policy exactly?
I'd like to know.

I mean, I know they're messing some stuff up, like XBLA, Marketplace, and some of their ads, but basically the game selection has been pretty good for the first year of a console. he lack of sales cannot be placed purely on MS's efforts. A lot of the blame can be placed on Xbox's failure.

Jonnyram said:
I'd like to know.

I mean, I know they're messing some stuff up, like XBLA, Marketplace, and some of their ads, but basically the game selection has been pretty good for the first year of a console. he lack of sales cannot be placed purely on MS's efforts. A lot of the blame can be placed on Xbox's failure.

Point me to which 360 games would appeal to Japanese gamers?

ksamedi

Jonnyram said:
I'd like to know.

Yeah for us Europeans/Americans the lineup is pretty solid, but for the Japanese, its weak, those guys dont like Gears, Oblivian or Splinter Cell kinda games, those guys need RPGs and nongames/platformers, thats what seems to sell in Japan.

castle007

Banned
AniHawk said:
So the DS this year did better than it did last year when this year it actually had competition.

Or maybe the Wii is actually even helping the DS (as if it needs help).

I wonder what the sales will be like when Nintendo released games that explore the DS-Wii connectivity

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The most worrying part is the 360 probably has the highest amount of JRPGs so far...

damn Namco made the Wii software launch look bad :(
why the hell is Tales so popular its not a non-game!

:p

Great stuff this week can't wait to see the hardware sales, what am I saying, can't wait for next week!

:D

PS3 software wtf?

Jiggy

This is actually even better than "last-gen FTW" since Tales is from the PS1 gen, FFVI is from the SNES gen, all of the DS games are arguably out of the N64 gen, etc. It does rock, I must admit, in some bizarre way.

sphinx said:
that's my point:

we all know the PS3 is struggling, and shows every sign of being " BOMBA!! ". In short, yes, the PS3 is bombing, for all the reasons I mentioned.

But this isn't news to anyone, is it? asking for PS3 software at this point in time is mean and cruel. Why not let the console get its act together and then start demanding from it?

Loco roco bombing on PSP ( at least compared to DS SW) is an example of a legitimate and humilliating failure on the market:

.- no hardware production problems
.- decent/solid install base
.- Proper knowledge of the Hardware's potential
.- Bundles everywhere

and bombing? THAT is what I mean.

let's give PS3 a chance. I don't want to sound like the typical PS3 defender cause that's the last label I would bear in my entire life, but it still has the software ( FF, MGS, etc. ) to come. If the PS3 meets the conditions I mentioned in the loco roco incident, then yes, everything will have been said and done, kinda like DS/PSP.

edited to add quote

Here's another thought. With all due respect to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, we in this forum have no (or negligible) effect on what happens to sales in japan. We are as good statistically as completely external observers. We can make any determination we want about video game sales in Japan and be right or wrong, and it doesn't matter a lick. With all the data available to you now, you can make a guess as to how well any system will do, and that's ok.

Michael Pacter will prognosticate that the PS3 will catch up in 2009 or 2010 and he may be right, and I can come out and say that the PS3 will never come even close to the Wii, and that's fine too.

This is one of the great things about being a fanboy on the internet. We can say whatever we think, and in all reasonable reality, it doesn't matter.

cvxfreak

Any clue why Love and Berry dropped so drastically?

Oh, and DS sales seem to be up by only 4K this year.

OH TEH NOES

Jiggy37 said:
This is actually even better than "last-gen FTW" since Tales is from the PS1 gen, FFVI is from the SNES gen, all of the DS games are arguably out of the N64 gen, etc. It does rock, I must admit, in some bizarre way.
and the Wii is PS2 gen, so "last-gen FTW" indeed.

Deku

Banned
bmf said:
This is one of the great things about being a fanboy on the internet. We can say whatever we think, and in all reasonable reality, it doesn't matter.

If we don't matter, Who is going to play the arm chair analist?

cvxfreak said:
Any clue why Love and Berry dropped so drastically?

Oh, and DS sales seem to be up by only 4K this year.

OH TEH NOES
6 of the top 10 sold over 100k units. That's unusual even for the supercharged DS induced sales frenzy of this year's MC charts.

You know whats really wierd is that. I know the GC only did 20million ww. Now in reality that is a big figure, I mean I don't think any 1 of britney spears's albums did that much. But relatively speaking it isn't. I am in University in UK, and a lot of people seem to have a GC. I thought I'd be the only guy, but there are quite a few. Maybe nowhere near as many PS2's, but much more than what I had thought. And the PSP is already either very close of even ahead of the GC, in terms of worldwide sales. Which is a shame, because its better at a console than the PSP is at a portable.

Deku said:
If we don't matter, Who is going to play the arm chair analist?
It doesn't matter what you do with your anus while sitting on an armchair. That's exactly my point.

Edit: You can even post pictures on the internet and it doesn't matter.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
the thoroughbred said:
You know whats really wierd is that. I know the GC only did 20million ww. Now in reality that is a big figure, I mean I don't think any 1 of britney spears's albums did that much. But relatively speaking it isn't. I am in University in UK, and a lot of people seem to have a GC. I thought I'd be the only guy, but there are quite a few. Maybe nowhere near as many PS2's, but much more than what I had thought. And the PSP is already either very close of even ahead of the GC, in terms of worldwide sales. Which is a shame, because its better at a console than the PSP is at a portable.

No, the PSP is better at being a console and that's why it's losing in the handheld war.

the thoroughbred said:

Yeah but its not like its gonna pass the Gamecube by much. I mght end up around 25-30 million personally. Sales are going down and PSP sales are already lower YOY in NA and Japan and now have the super hot DS to compete with to further drive down their sales.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Raw64life said:
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll add the Wii hardware since it matches the wii software sales 100%.
You can also add the sales for numbers 21 and 28 so it'll give people a better idea what the games around them sold.

cvxfreak

It's really too bad we have to wait a week for Famitsu's stuff to come out unless people in Japan leak 'em ahead of time. We can count on FFVI and Summon Night 4 being gone next week, and Yakuza 2 and Gundam PS2 in.

Top Bottom