• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 12/08 - 12/14

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
PantherLotus said:
Don't forget to say hi to Smash, visiting from earlier this year. Speaking of which, Wii having 15 in the top 50 says quite a bit, doesn't it? Seeing all the Nintendo games rise up shows that new people are plunging in for Wii hardware purchases for the first time, which is reflected by the data.

Obvious, I know, but interesting to see which games new hardware owners are purchasing.

I thought Smash was consistently in the Top 50.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
duckroll said:
And it's over 100 now. Those are LTD numbers, not launch numbers.

Josh's data has it at 96k. He just has the first two weeks. I assumed he was going off MC data which might have had it at 100k after two weeks.

Which further updates have there been? If it's going on "well, it's obviously sold 4k since then", I'd be inclined to agree but that's one of the drawbacks of automated queries for this stuff--you can't inject the magic human element to it :(

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Let's Tap is 4,600yen. NOT 9000. Don't know what crazy ass store you guys shop at.

With two cardboard boxes.

AniHawk

Linkup said:
So much for Let's Tap, it feels like it doomed before we even get first day numbers. Time for ports!

I wouldn't say it's doomed yet. Games have outright bombed in Japan only to be saved in the States before (No More Heroes, Endless Ocean, Some Other Third Thing)

Jonnyram

Let's Tap is 5040 yen RRP. What the hell are people talking about 8900 yen for? Even Sega isn't that insane.

Edit: Oh wow, great minds think alike.
Fools seldom differ.

Grimmy

Banned
No word on Dissidia? No lines or frenzy? Seems really quiet for such a big title... Or is it just the economy???

Vinnk

sp0rsk said:
Let's Tap is 4,600yen. NOT 9000. Don't know what crazy ass store you guys shop at.

With two cardboard boxes.

That's good. As I said I havn't seen an ad for it yet so I was shocked when another poster said it was 8900yen.

4600, that is a price I can live with. I think I'll pick this up tomorrow.

t3nmilez

marvelharvey said:
The store I bought mine from had two versions, one for around 5900 with no cardboard boxes and the other 8900 with 2. I'm guessing the Playasia version is boxless? However, I also notice that the Playasia one doesn't have the usual free shipping, so maybe the boxes are included? Who knows?!

Where the hell do you buy your games? The list price for the game version of Let's Tap is 5000, and even if it was 5900, unless you live way out in the sticks then there's absolutely no excuse to pay full list price for a game here. Any major electronic or game store will have the prices be around 4500. If you do live way out there and have no choices, buy your games from Amazon, they're much cheaper! Man, they must be laughing to the bank getting suckers like you paying over the list price!

Osuwari

PantherLotus said:
*updated*

MC-THREAD-SOFTWARE-TITLE.png

31. [PSP] Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 3 (Konami)
32. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
33. [WII] Naruto - Ninja Wars: Gekitou Kingdom EX3 (Takara Tommy)
34. [NDS] Soccer Tsuku DS: Touch & Direct (SEGA)
35. [PS2] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 5 (Konami)
36. [WII] Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Nintendo)
37. [PSP] Patapon Domchaka 2 (SCE)
38. [NDS] Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace (Capcom)
39. [NDS] Chocobo and the Magical Picture Book: The Witch,the Girl and the 5 Heroes (Square Enix)
40. [WII] Family Ski World Ski & Snowboard (Namco Bandai)
41. [360] Fallout 3 (Bethesda)
42. [NDS] Yes! Precure 5 Go Go Zenin Shu Go! Dream Festival (Namco Bandai)
43. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Nintendo)
44. [NDS] Chou!! Nep League DS (Jaleco)
45. [NDS] Motto Hayaku! Seikaku Ni! Suu Sense Keisan Ryuoku Up Training (Benesse)
46. [NDS] Personal Trainer: Walking (Nintendo)
47. [NDS] Zwei!! (Falcom)
48. [WII] Shape Boxing: Wii de Enjoy! Diet (Rocket Company)
49. [NDS] Kikiite Hajimaru: Eigo Kaiwa Training - KikiTore (Benesse)
50. [WII] Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)

Top 50
NDS 24
WII 15
PSP 6
PS2 2
PS3 2
360 1

haha so thats's why there was no mp9 this year...

enishi

bafflewaffle said:
when is Phantasy Star Zero out? You think it will sell like PSP-PSP? Any guesses for first week sales?

It is officially out in Japan on Christmas day. I think it can at least match with the number of PSP-P.

Loudninja

bttb said:
First Day Sales (12/18)

[PSP] Dissidia Final Fantasy (Square Enix) - 350k

[PS3] Gundam Musou 2 (Bandai Namco) - 106k
[PS2] Gundam Musou 2 (Bandai Namco) - 50k
[360] Gundam Musou 2 (Bandai Namco) - 14k

[NDS] Tales of Hearts: CG Movie Edition (Bandai Namco) - 107k
[NDS] Tales of Hearts: Anime Movie Edition (Bandai Namco) - 14k

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10180223526.html

Great Dissidia :0

Hey what did the first Gundam Musou do on the PS3 and the 360 in first day sales?

wrowa

bttb said:
[NDS] Tales of Hearts: Anime Movie Edition (Bandai Namco) - 107k
[NDS] Tales of Hearts: CG Movie Edition (Bandai Namco) - 14k
That's more than Innocence and Tempest managed to sell in their first week. Nice.

Laguna said:
Any word about Suikoden Tierkreis yet?
Bomba alert? :(

bttb said:
First Day Sales (12/18)

[PS3] Gundam Musou 2 (Bandai Namco) - 106k
[PS2] Gundam Musou 2 (Bandai Namco) - 50k
[360] Gundam Musou 2 (Bandai Namco) - 14k

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10180223526.html
Holy crap @ Dissidia - 500k week is extremely likely and with legs it might just hit that 1 million mark. Nice for a game that seems awesome.

lol@ CG ToH. All in all, I expected a bit more for ToH (seems like 150k week is likely at least which is better than previous DS Tales), but it's not a BAD start. Fairly good Gundam Musou sales for PS3.

Any word about Suikoden Tierkreis yet?
BOMBA?

Spiegel

Loudninja said:
Great Dissidia :0

Hey what did the first Gundam Musou do on the PS3 and the 360 in first day sales?

PS3 - 120k
360 - I don't know
PS2 - No ps2 version at launch

Crisis Core also sold 350k first day

Alcibiades

I knew there had to be some mistake when is said CG vastly outsold Anime edition... was about to question those particular numbers... lol

Magicpaint said:
Holy crap @ Dissidia - 500k week is extremely likely and with legs it might just hit that 1 million mark. Nice for a game that seems awesome.

CCFF7 1st day 350K
1st week 470K
Total 797029

Fami number

duckroll

Day 1 comparisons from sinobi:

Crisis Core - 350k
Dissidia - 350k

Gundam Musou (PS2) - 77k
Gundam Musou 2 (PS2) - 50k

Gundam Musou (PS3) - 117k
Gundam Musou 2 (PS3) - 106k

Gundam Musou (360) - 3k
Gundam Musou 2 (360) - 14k

Tales of Innocence - 76k
Tales of Destiny DC - 63k
Tales of Symphonia KoR - 120k
Tales of Vesperia - 71k
Tales of Hearts - 121k (combined)

Defuser

Hmmm,that means Dissidia would do about 400 - 440k in the first week. If SE is lucky, Dissidia LTD can be over a million since they throw in ad hoc/infrastructure multiplayer.

Rpgmonkey

duckroll said:
Tales of Innocence - 76k
Tales of Destiny DC - 63k
Tales of Symphonia KoR - 120k
Tales of Vesperia - 71k
Tales of Hearts - 121k (combined)

:D :D

Yay. Doing better than Innocence at least.

Fady K

Sweet first day sales for the most part =)

Very happy for Dissidia, to pull off the same first day number as Crisis Core is awesome. Fable II is impressive too!
Best first day Tales sales on the DS. I care, but unfortunately, its hard to give much of a damn here when Namco Bandai wont bother localizing.

One major disappointment though, Suikoden. =(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
duckroll said:
I think there's a good chance that at least 10k of the 14k of CG ToH sold are double-dips. What do you guys think?

I'm trying to envision a scenario whereby a human being walks in and buys only the CG version and it's not working. I'm not sure if it'd be 10k in specific, but I'm on board with this hypothesis.

I guess, really, the game could be seen as 6600yen or 13200yen for the deluxe edition... and roughly 10% of fans have decided to get the deluxe edition :D

duckroll

Stumpokapow said:
I'm trying to envision a scenario whereby a human being walks in and buys only the CG version and it's not working. I'm not sure if it'd be 10k in specific, but I'm on board with this hypothesis.

I guess, really, the game could be seen as 6600yen or 13200yen for the deluxe edition... and roughly 10% of fans have decided to get the deluxe edition :D

That's kinda what I meant. But I don't think that would account for the entire % of CG ToH sales. Why? Because I can totally envision various scenarios where the person buying it simply took the wrong game from the shelf. Not everyone buys their own games, and some may be year end gifts. I can totally see parents buying the wrong version of ToH for their kid, and it's going to be a really, really sad Christmas.
Yes, I know they don't celebrate Christmas in Japan, but it would still be funny!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
duckroll said:
Not everyone buys their own games, and some may be year end gifts. I can totally see parents buying the wrong version of ToH for their kid, and it's going to be a really, really sad Christmas.
Yes, I know they don't celebrate Christmas in Japan, but it would still be funny!

January 1st: The day thousands of units of ToH mysteriously surfaced in used retailers.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Pretty decent ToH numbers

Nice for Dissidia

Let's Tap..hehe

donny2112

Spiegel said:
Crisis Core also sold 350k first day

Crisis Core also had the limited first run of the PSP Slim & Lite, so it may have been able to go higher that first week if more of the PSP-2000s were available. Dissidia has going for it that it seems to be more of a fighter than an RPG, so maybe it'll have better legs than RPGs usually do. If it can cross 500K for the first week, 1 million may be doable. :)

RpgN

bttb said:

[NDS] Gensou Suikoden Tierkreis (Konami) - 40k
[360] Fable II (Microsoft) - 30k

Interesting first day sales this time :)

FF Dissidia is doing just as expected, similar to FFVIICC. Though I don't see it reaching the million figure that easily unless it gets huge legs. Psp games aren't known for that, but who knows? This fighter might generate more buzz than usual and sell more than 600k+

ToH is doing better than the past ds games but where are the shipment figures? I wonder what Namco expected themselves. And lol at the CGI version. I guess I'll get that knowing it will drop in price quickly.

Suikoden DS, isn't doing great but is holding quite well and at least didn't bomb like Avalon Code and WoN.

Fable II, I didn't expect it to sell this much. It seems western games are selling more than usual lately.

Top Bottom