• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/5 - 3/11

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
NintendosBooger said:
Yoshi ANOTHER potential million seller?

Jeez, Nintendo, this isn't even fair any more. You develop platinum/diamond sellers like it's going out of style! Are you even trying?

Well, Layton has legs and hopefully it pushes SquareEnix, Capcom, Sega, and other publishers to make more compelling games.

Who am I kidding, only SE will produce more games out of the bunch.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hcoregamer00 said:
Well, Layton has legs and hopefully it pushes SquareEnix, Capcom, Sega, and other publishers to make more compelling games.

dq9 isn`t enough ? come on man...

cw_sasuke said:
when will layton 2 hit the shelves ?
Its not announced (not even just '2007' iirc) but since it was announced around the first one launch...I think it has to be this year, Q3 or maybe Q4. By then, a budget version of the first one would be very welcomed by those that missed the train and want to catch it, new DS adopters or those that start with Layton 2 and become fans.

Neomoto

cw_sasuke said:
they will now slow down a lil bit i think... till zelda:ph in autumn or late summer...

3rdf partys should really use that time frame :lol
Not really..

English Training 2 (first one was a million seller)
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
ASH
Panel de Pon DS online
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 (yes just announced but will make it some time this year)
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

And some games we don't know shit about yet ;)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Neomoto said:
Not really..

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
ASH
Panel de Pon DS online
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 (yes just announced but will make it some time this year)

:lol

ASH might not make platinum either even though it's "from the creator of Final Fantasy."

Kafel

Banned
Neomoto said:
Not really..

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
ASH
Panel de Pon DS online

Well :

Front Mission 1st
Yokoyama Mitsuteru Romance of the Three Kingdoms : Chapter Three
Tamagotchi RPG
Hitman Reborn ! DS
D.Gray-man

Dynasty Warriors DS
Detective Conan : Detective Trainer
Koei DS Talking Cooking Navi
My Happy Manner Book
Gyakuten Saiban 4
Pachi-Slot Collection DS
Yokoyama Mitsuteru Romance of the Three Kingdoms : Chapter Four
Final Fantasy XII : Revenant Wings

Hoshigami : Ruining Blue Earth
SD Gundam G Generation Cross Drive

Black Cat
Elemental Monster

Among others could help the DS to grow its user base in the 4 coming months.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Neomoto said:
Not really..

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
ASH
Panel de Pon DS online

ASH will be published by BigN ?

i mean yes for sure they are releasen software - but not big ones like pokemon,nsmb,ac etc.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
JoshuaJSlone said:
Well, it's true. Sales of Crystal Chronicles and Dirge of Cerberus could be added to each other, and they'd still be less than a million. Hell, FF III is a regular FF on a hot system, and it took half a year to reach 1 million.

you have to take into account how many people got a PSP just for this game. I know its a big reason for me to getting a PSP initially cause it was going to come eventually.

If Monster Hunter Portable 2 -- already available on the PS2 can sell a million, why couldn't CC?

and the FFIII thing was probably because it was on a really expensive cart iirc (40 bucks in America?)

ylvis_

Banned
Nice to see Yoshi having legs. And go Layton! I think word to mouth is pushing this title to having great legs.

Neomoto

jj984jj said:
:lol

ASH might not make it either even though it's "from the creator of Final Fantasy."
Why are you laughing? It is a 2007 title, no? And afaik ASH is too.

Kafel said:
Well :
[...]
Among others could help the DS to grow its user base in the 4 coming months.
Yes that true (even though the userbase will grow with or without those titles if we like it or not hehe ;)) But the post was referring that Nintendo releases will slow down a lot (and named only Zelda for the next number of months).

cw_sasuke said:
ASH will be published by BigN ?

i mean yes for sure they are releasen software - but not big ones like pokemon,nsmb,ac etc.
Yes (ASH). Most of the titles are pretty good sellers, but indeed not really the heavy hitters. I'm pretty sure Nintendo will drop one or two bombs at their next show (what next, e3 or is their another oppertunity)?

jj984jj

Neomoto said:
Why are you laughing? It is a 2007 title, no? And afaik ASH is too.
Clarified, since the discussion was about potential platinum sellers.

jj984jj

Neomoto said:
No it wasn't (at least not my post or the original post).
NintendosBooger said:
Yoshi ANOTHER potential million seller?

Jeez, Nintendo, this isn't even fair any more. You develop platinum/diamond sellers like it's going out of style! Are you even trying?
cw_sasuke said:
they will now slow down a lil bit i think... till zelda:ph in autumn or late summer...

3rdf partys should really use that time frame :lol

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Jonnyram said:
Famitsu 12-19 Mar

SW
Yoshi 120k.
Mojipittan 80k.
MH2 portable 50k (total > 1M).
Sonic 10k.

HW
DS lite 120k.
Wii 60k.
PSP 40k.

LTD
Layton 300k
Sim City DS 80k
Heroes of Mana 30k

What were the PS3 HW numbers for that week?

Vinnk

Ok, I plan to do a "Vinnk's Village" post to coincide with the hardware numbers coming tomorrow. I will visit the stores in my town tonight. Are there any games you specifically want me to check the availability for? I will be currently looking for the hardware:

DL lite
Wii
PS3? (is it worth getting the numbers of units? In general it has a status of "available")

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Jonnyram said:
Famitsu 12-19 Mar

SW
Yoshi 120k.
Mojipittan 80k.
MH2 portable 50k (total > 1M).
Sonic 10k.

HW
DS lite 120k.
Wii 60k.
PSP 40k.

LTD
Layton 300k
Sim City DS 80k
Heroes of Mana 30k

So heroes of mana went UP its second week. Maybe it'll break 100k. Might have legs.

Thraktor

Because the software numbers necessary to create the new one haven't been released yet?

Edit: On-topic, though, is Tiger Woods '07 for Wii scheduled to be released in Japan any time soon? It seems to be doing very well in NA and Europe, and if I'm not mistaken golf is rather popular among corporate types in Japan. I'm not expecting anything in the league of chart-topping success, but do people expect it to get decent sales (for a western-developed title) over there?

Fredescu

Vinnk said:
Ok, I plan to do a "Vinnk's Village" post to coincide with the hardware numbers coming tomorrow. I will visit the stores in my town tonight. Are there any games you specifically want me to check the availability for?
Layton?

Jokeropia

tanasten said:
Is Wii overdemand dying officially?
Considering that it went up this week (according to Famitsu, anyway) with no significant releases, it's pretty simple to deduce that it's limited by supply.

PantherLotus said:
If cheesey doesn't post the new week soon, I say we make somebody else do it.

That would only work if Cheesemeister had precognitive abilities, which I rather doubt, since in that case he'd entertain us with next year's Media Create data instead.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Cheesemeister said:
Cool, I'm a pre-cog! :lol

We've got roughly 90 minutes to go.

Well ****. You do everything else so ****ing well, you telling me you can't read the god-forsaken future? WHAT GOOD ARE YOU?

Mar

I kept wondering to myself why everyone was talking about new MC numbers already. Then I realised what day of the week it was.

This week has flown by for me. One of the worst weeks in my life. Here's to some good times on GAF with sales-age.

Shit. I'm supposed to start studying for a test in a few minutes, but it'll be hard to concentrate . Damn I need the numbers now. I'm pathetic:lol

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
chibcicylist said:
DST magically pushed the space time continuum forward in the United States.

Weird. I could have sworn we used to get them at around 6 EST. But looking back at the beginning of last year, seems those were being listed between 8 and 10. Stupid memory.

And why do my searches all stop at the beginning of 2006?

Vinnk

PhoenixDark said:
Shit. I'm supposed to start studying for a test in a few minutes, but it'll be hard to concentrate . Damn I need the numbers now. I'm pathetic:lol

It's like Christmas every week..

Top Bottom