• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/5 - 3/11

nli10

Nuclear Muffin said:
Yikes! I hope for Nintendo's sake it is just a lack of supply because the Wii and PS3's weekly sales are getting dangerously close now (The fact that Vinnk has even seen Wiis makes me wonder)

Because here in London at least, you can't find a Wii for love nor money, second hand or new. And it's been like this ever since launch.

In Birmingham i've seen 1 on sale since launch in e-play with a 5/6 game bundle. I know that at least 1 chain is doing Pre-Orders (and getting more than they do for PS3 pre-orders) which currently take 2/3 weeks to fill.

Any extra stock for Europe for Easter will be held back for the next week or so until the new games hit the shelves.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
31 14▼ Wii ファイアーエムブレム 暁の女神

:(

Why isn't going wild Fire Emblem in Japan? the game's quality improved last games and isn't going back to the 400K numbers the series used to do. Why!? :cryes:

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
tanasten said:

Why isn't going wild Fire Emblem in Japan? the game's quality improved last games and isn't going back to the 400K numbers the series used to do. Why!? :cryes:

it will sell 400k .........

.... on ds

Sales wouldn't be so erratic if it were just a matter of demand. Clearly Nintendo consentrated on getting Wiis to Japan early this year and America and Europe are getting a few more now. If Wii goes a few weeks in the same ballpark than we'll know it's more likely a matter of demand.

jesusraz

verplant said:
8. (NDS / Square Enix) Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - 31.169 / 1.217.541
12. (Wii / Nintendo) Fire Emblem: Goddess of the Dawn - 20.413 / 93.750
14. (NDS / Nintendo) Picross DS - 18.766 / 194.130
16. (NDS / Marvelous) Harvest Moon: The Island I Grew Up On - 15.124 / 159.071
17. (NDS / Nintendo) Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - 14.670 / 161.894
20. (NDS / Nintendo) Wario: Master of Disguise - 12.137 / 238.219
24. (NDS / Capcom) Mega Man Star Force: Dragon / Pegasus / Leo - 10.183 / 415.114
25. (NDS / Electronic Arts) Sim City DS - 9.967 / 60.599

It's really pleasing to see Square Enix has coped so well with its stock issues, getting out enough units each week to ensure the game sticks in the Top 10. When was the last time an S-E game stuck around at the top of the chart for this long?

Fire Emblem is chugging along adequately right now, with the M-C numbers putting it at around 104,000...It looks like it could reach 200,000 overall. Certainly not bad considering the extent of the Wii userbase, as well as the sort of people that make up that audience as well.

Harvest Moon is doing amazing! Is this the best selling HM game so far or did it used to be more popular when it first started out?

Hotel Dusk continues to impress. Clearly there must be some good word-of-mouth for the game...moreso than with Another Code anyway. Pretty much guarantees another Cing DS effort. Wario is another surprise, and a good cash-in for Nintendo as it can't have had a massive budget at all.

It's good to see the Megman Star Force trio creeping slowly along to the half million milestone. Unless Capcom releases budget versions then it'll struggle to get much higher, though, surely...

Finally - is SimCity low on stock or has interest really died away so quickly? I vaguely remember early predictions looking like 50,000-60,000 units for the first week, practically being a complete sell out, but I was wondering if EA re-stocked it quickly enough?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
OMHP slowed down a lot, although that seems MC data since last number from Famitsu was 257k (2 weeks ago iirc). Has to be around 730k (maybe a little more if we take Famitsu numbers)...sounds too far away from 1m for the new price drop to make it reach that amount.
I meant 930k...

verplant said:
2007/02/29-03/04 - !!!LAST WEEK!!!

1. (NDS / Banpresto) Super Robot Wars W - 172.190 / 172.190
2. (PS3 / Bandai Namco) Gundam Musou - 171.032 / 171.032
13. (NDS / Bandai Namco) Unou no Tatsujin: Soukai! Machigai Museum 2 - 18.885 / 18.885
23. (PS2 / Capcom) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 10.577 / 357.899
The first two just for the following paragraph...

How much did Machigai Museum sold? I think I may be confusing it with Heisei Board of Education thats still on the top50 but didn't it reach 100k?

GTA SA did very good...it has done just like Vice City after all the waiting and Z rating. They should try to release LCS and VCS for both PSP and PS2...

I don't like to say 'I told you' but hell I did in the other thread...two times...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5799806&postcount=1005
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Just to tease you, sinobi figures are rounded, maybe Wii is below 50k. OH NO THE DRAMA! :lol

Phenomenal Mana bomb, hell, at least Children of Mana and Dawn of Mana sold well thanks to pricedrops, this one isn't even doing that :lol

Gundam vs SRTW, well, its Famitsu data, which had SRTW above for their first week while MC had Gundam quite ahead of SRTW. Probably Famitsu is downballing SRTW to make up for their error, or maybe MC will make up for theirs putting SRTW ahead of Gundam this week. Gundam is most likely selling to those that couldn't find a copy because the relatively low first shipment, I don't think its going to have legs.

Very good for Yoshi and MHP2.

Durante

tanasten said:
In my ideal world, it would be because they didn't bother to inlude pointing controls. In a strategy game. On the Wii. In the real world, it's probably because it's a game that appeals to me and many people on GAF.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Durante said:
In my ideal world, it would be because they didn't bother to inlude pointing controls. In a strategy game. On the Wii. In the real world, it's probably because it's a game that appeals to me and many people on GAF.

I can't believe this. Fire Emblem was big, not huge but big. The series had great improving, and Path of Radiance and Goddess of Dawn added a lot more drama and cinema to the pack, just what the PlayStation era asked for.

Now, I don't know how Nintendo should develop the series from now. How to revive the spark, what needs to make casual games interested in?

andthebeatgoeson

schuelma said:
So is anyone worried that Wii demand is dying down or are we all convinced N is just hoarding units?

I'm not worried but I'll entertain the thought. Just because we have no concrete evidence. We have very suggestive evidence. Concrete would be a big guy from Nintendo saying, 'We are limiting supply' or 'Here's the breakdown in shipments to each area by a rough percentage.'

As of right now, we can only guess, unless I missed something. Like looking at the NPD for Feb, 335K in 4 weeks equals 83K per week. More than likely, production is still humming along. I guess the point is that most would say, they are stocking up supplies. It makes sense to try and dominate the busy shopping seasons and have enough supply.

My point is you can say for 100% accuracy that hoarding is the case. But then again, most of what we argue about isn't 100% accurate. So, I'll entertain the thought. But someone will miscontrue that to mean that the possibility of demand lowering is more likely. That make sense? I tried to write it and I had to read it a few times. If I were to put a list of possibilities on why the weekly sales has gone down, #1 is hoarding and at the bottom of the list, would be demand is lowering.

CANLI

here in Tokyo, can't find any Wii or DS lite. IN 1 or 2 stores but damn, they sell it more expensive than expected (they sell the wii at 30000 yens normal price 25000 and the DS Lite at 20000..)

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
apujanata said:
Please read Vinnk's Village Report and DCharlie's post, and then please shut up.

Edit : Sorry, didn't notice this :
elostyle
Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Jeez, you're reading quite a lot into my question.

This is all I'm noticing:
mc-weekly.gif

I wonder where all the Wii are going. Availability seems good in europe, so they're probably not rerouted that way. US sales are steady as well.

Could someone post the raw Wii weekly numbers so far? I'd like to make a graph that uses 2 week intervals to filter out the spikes.

Saitou

Banned
Vinnk said:
"Vinnk's Village" Anecdotal Report (as of 2 days ago)\

Nintendo Wii

Wanpaku (chain store) Sold Out
Best Denki Sold Out
Book Net: 1 used (But selling for 5000 yen more than a new one)
Famicom Dojo: 1 in store, but reserved.
Jusco (department store) Sold Out
YouMe Town (Department store) Sold Out
Mr. Max (Discount store): 1 (and it was bought by my friend after I called him)
(b'_' )b

Keep 'em coming

By the way, how is FE10 tracking compared to FE9? And just what is FE9's LTD?

Revelations said:
The name Xbox is an afterthought there. Sad really. It had good momentum going into 2007.
It really still does... caveat for an Xbox. Here are Microsoft's weekly sales in the years 2002 through 2007, and here's the cumulative version. It's certainly behind what we'd call successful, but for an Xbox this is hot.
elostyle said:
Could someone post the raw Wii weekly numbers so far? I'd like to make a graph that uses 2 week intervals to filter out the spikes.
MC:

Fam:
2WEEK1

jesusraz

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I'm sure Mojipittan will peak up in the weekend. Btw, its a Namco game *whistles*

I still want to know Machigai Museum numbers, anyone? :)

I've got this from July of last year:

92.) Right Brain Expert! Machigai Museum (NDS) - 1,200 | 97,000

sphinx

the piano man
Sonic bombing that way is quite confusing.

among the games that are avaliable on Wii, Sonic should be one of the premium titles for young boys/younger crowd. Either nintendo has really lost the younger audience or it´s just japan hatred towards sonic. Maybe japanese are smart and don't trust certain IPs that have proven to be from mediocre to bad, like the mana games.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Assuming Wii sellout reports are still true, I'm guessing the following.

Untitled-1.png

Red: Sellthrough of inventory built up before launch.
Blue: Normal shipment rate.
Green: Hold back for paper mario etc?
Thanks Josh

Pellham

Banned
CountZeroInt said:
Honestly there's no reason 360 should be doing that bad in Japan. It technically has good games out for it that Japanese hardcore gamers would like to play (Blue Dragon, Idolmaster, etc). I think the issue is that Microsoft has been half assed about everything, they have half assed portion of hardcore games and half assed amounts of serious attempts at killer games like Blue Dragon. They need to go in one direction or the other full steam. Mega Drive, Saturn and PC Engine did well in Japan but not being mainstream, by pandering to the hardcore and hentai and fighter and shooter fans.

There aren't as many hardcore Japanese gamers as you think. It's not like there are millions of them or anything. There are a lot of people who play video games in Japan, but majority of them are casuals.

Pellham

Banned
tanasten said:

Why would you expect it to sell more than the GC game? It's already on track to meet the 150k mark, and it's likely that Nintendo didn't even bother to produce more copies than that.

The series hasn't sold 400k+ since the SNES days. The GBA games were aimed at kids, not at longtime FE fans. So obviously there is a big sales difference. I mean I really doubt there are as many FE fans today as there was 10 years ago during the SNES days.

And pointing functionality has nothing to do with it. Having just beaten the game, I can assure you that pointer functionality would have been a big pain in the ass to use and that most would opt back to using the classic controls.

Burnst

sphinx said:
Sonic bombing that way is quite confusing.

among the games that are avaliable on Wii, Sonic should be one of the premium titles for young boys/younger crowd. Either nintendo has really lost the younger audience or it´s just japan hatred towards sonic. Maybe japanese are smart and don't trust certain IPs that have proven to be from mediocre to bad, like the mana games.
I don't think Sonic ever was a big seller in Japan. It could still do about 20k for the week, which is a little below average for Sonic, but not jaw dropping.. It will probably sell steady for a year and do a couple 100k total.

enishi said:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10028074374.html

DS
-----------------------
Mojipittan DS - 20000
Tokimeki Memorial Girl Side 1st Love - 15000
Theme Park DS - 5000

Wii
------------------------
Sonic and The Secret Ring - 5000

PS2
------------------------
Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi (some anime title) - 5000
Ugh, even with Sonic not being popular in Japan and everything I thought a couple of more folks would've picked this up.
Same applies to Theme Park-damn shame.

enishi

Burnst said:
I don't think Sonic ever was a big seller in Japan. It could still do about 20k for the week, which is a little below average for Sonic, but not jaw dropping.. It will probably sell steady for a year and do a couple 100k total.

Consider Sonic Rush on DS, the most popular gaming device in Japan, sold around 50000 copies in Japan (And it was released during the first insane sell period of DS, aka Christmas 2005). I don't think any Sonic title can sell in Japan now...

LOCK

elostyle said:

Untitled-1.png

Thanks Josh

That is a very nice graph, also I agree. Either this week was just a low shipping week for Japan to send more units to America or Europe, or its a transtion period. Maybe if sales increase alot next week then maybe Nintendo will have finally increased production. They did say that by the end of March they would have increased production, so April will see the benifits.

Also March is traditionally huge in America, and April is traditionally huge in Japan. That may also indicate why they may hold America as a priority this month, especially with all of the games releases here in America also.

Neomoto

I wonder where all the DS-es went the last couple of weeks / 2 months or so. The shipments are pretty low (for DS of course). Yeah there were 500k for US during february and Europe gets a lot too apparently but still. They produce more than that and yet they are still hard to find everywere right? Are they preparing another Poke bomb? Or Golden Week? Or both? lol

First day sales are dissapointing imo. Surprising low Wii shipments. Wonder how much they'll ship with the productivity that went up.

Evlar

Banned
elostyle said:

Untitled-1.png

Thanks Josh
That's a very nice graph. Thumbs up.

Neomoto said:
I wonder where all the DS-es went the last couple of weeks / 2 months or so. The shipments are pretty low (for DS of course). Yeah there were 500k for US during february and Europe gets a lot too apparently but still. They produce more than that and yet they are still hard to find everywere right?

DS seems more available here in Brussels since 2 weeks (Belgium). On the contrary, no Wii on the shelves !!!

Top Bottom