• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/5 - 3/11

Bebpo

Banned
Really surprised Gundam stayed in the top ten and even broke 30k on a 2nd week.

Game should manage to carve itself a little niche through all the good word of mouth. Should be an audience waiting for expansions and the inevitable sequel.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Jonnyram said:
Oh yeah, NSMB is now the second best-selling game in Japan of all time.
What? Really?

Btw, say hi to the new non-games member:

ffiii_ds_boxart.jpg

Raw64life

Well deserved sales for Yoshi. It'll top a million worldwide by next week. Amazing that it has no effect on NSMB sales whatsoever though.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Really great debut for Yoshi. And Layton has excellent legs.
Congratulations to Wii Play for becoming non-game^2.
MHP2 almost sold 1m which is awesome, kudos to Capcom.

apujanata

Off-topic :

Beside Console War, we now have "M-create Topic on NeoGAF" war. On one side, stand CoolTrick. At the other side, stand CheeseMeister. Who will win ? Oh, the suspense.

theultimo

apujanata said:
Off-topic :

Beside Console War, we now have "M-create Topic on NeoGAF" war. On one side, stand CoolTrick. At the other side, stand CheeseMeister. Who will win ? Oh, the suspense.
CM, just for the better info and layout.

Bebpo

Banned
Oblivion said:
You really think that's impressive?

I think it's surprising considering it's a PS3 game and should've dropped like a rock to < 10k by the 2nd week considering it didn't do AMAZING in its 1st week.

Jammy

Banned
I think people are forgetting the trends when it comes to the Japanese market. For some reason, many PS titles are front-loaded when it comes to sales. This used to happen to Nintendo titles (which didn't even get big first-week sales) until the DS started coming out. To me, these "non-games" are the titles that continue to sell fairly well week after week, staying pretty high in the charts for some time and garnering a bunch of their sales due to word-of-mouth.

The Monster Hunter Portable games seem to be the exception with the PS systems. Don't expect Gundam Musou to last long. If it does, it's because of the lack of new games coming out, not because of its legs or shortages.

theultimo

Jammy said:
Don't expect Gundam Musou to last long. If it does, it's because of the lack of new games coming out, not because of its legs or shortages.
I think it will stay there for 2 reasons:

Its a Gundam game

and

Its one of the best PS3 games out yet.

CoolTrick

Banned
On one side, stand CoolTrick. At the other side, stand CheeseMeister. Who will win ? Oh, the suspense.

:lol Cheesemeister has something he does to put the info up that fast. I can't fathom a way you can put that much information up that fast through traditional methods, even if you spoke/read fluent Japanese. Hell I clicked refresh when they were changing the boxart for the #1 game but the info still had Gundam's, so I clicked it right as they were changing it.

My thread was in protest of the stupid cluttered format and someone attempting to become the official poster of the MC threads. I don't normally care who posts the thread but I think this thread just reeks of pretentiousness, personally. Particularly where he links to the past Cheesemeister only MC threads, and all the useless boxarts (for only the top five?) and linkages.

Yoshi's Island DS JUST released in Japan? So the United States got it a few months before Japan did? Weird.

I heard mixed reactions for it (for the American version, anyway). Some people think the game is way too hard, and hate Artoon anyway, and others think it's pure oldschool goodness.

I'll probably buy it soon.

...Cluttered? What? It's as organized as MC threads ever get.

Not to mention that Cheesemeister makes the threads because he's so good at it.

Yeah, I'm voting CM too.

cvxfreak

CoolTrick said:
:lol Cheesemeister has something he does to put the info up that fast. I can't fathom a way you can put that much information up that fast through traditional methods. Hell I clicked refresh when they were changing the boxart for the #1 game but the info still had Gundam's, so I clicked it right as they were changing it.

My thread was in protest of the stupid cluttered format and someone attempting to become the official poster of the MC threads. I don't normally care who posts the thread but I think this thread just reeks of pretentiousness, personally. Particularly where he links to the past Cheesemeister only MC threads.

He has a parser program that saves everyone the effort. Simple.

Narag

CM for it being timely and not waiting 15 minutes for the OP to make sense of what he cut/pasted then posted here.

SonSon2

CoolTrick said:
I don't normally care who posts the thread but I think this thread just reeks of pretentiousness, personally.

You remember that one week when all the sales numbers were represented by the number of squid thought about in sweden? Man, he just went to far off the deep end that time.

Evlar

Banned
Virgin Wii said:
Yoshi's Island DS JUST released in Japan? So the United States got it a few months before Japan did? Weird.

I heard mixed reactions for it (for the American version, anyway). Some people think the game is way too hard, and hate Artoon anyway, and others think it's pure oldschool goodness.

I'll probably buy it soon.
My biggest gripe with Yoshi's Island DS is it doesn't have "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy". It's a great game.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
We shouldn't have to discuss about that issue. It was solved weeks ago when the most of us agreed that Cheesemeister would be the one who'll make the MC threads.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
That makes two 1-million sellers for the Wii: Wii Sports and Wii Play.

Think about this: if the PS3 had ONE game with 100% sell through...it would only hit 720k.

:|

Wii has doubled the number of Million sellers the GCN ever had in it's lifetime.

Of course, the GCN only had 1 million seller, but hey, a milestone's a milestone.

Brak

PantherLotus said:
That makes two 1-million sellers for the Wii: Wii Sports and Wii Play.

Think about this: if the PS3 had ONE game with 100% sell through...it would only hit 700k.

:|
Also the Wii has twice as many million sellers in Japan as the Gamecube did.

In 3 months!

EDIT: GRAAGH Beaten

Defuser

CoolTrick said:
:lol Cheesemeister has something he does to put the info up that fast. I can't fathom a way you can put that much information up that fast through traditional methods, even if you spoke/read fluent Japanese. Hell I clicked refresh when they were changing the boxart for the #1 game but the info still had Gundam's, so I clicked it right as they were changing it.

My thread was in protest of the stupid cluttered format and someone attempting to become the official poster of the MC threads. I don't normally care who posts the thread but I think this thread just reeks of pretentiousness, personally. Particularly where he links to the past Cheesemeister only MC threads, and all the useless boxarts (for only the top five?) and linkages.
So you think yours is better?
Full of typo errors,no links,doesn't even show the top ten let alone top 30,no pics to show what kind of game...
you can never beat cheesemeister when it comes to MC threads

Thraktor

schuelma said:
Well, judging by Wii Sports I would peg Wii hardware at 55K or so..certainly not below 50.

It's been hovering around a 66% attach rate to the hardware, so that would put it at 53,482 Wii consoles for the week.

CoolTrick

Banned
It was solved weeks ago when the most of us agreed that Cheesemeister would be the one who'll make the MC threads.

Since when has GAF ever been a democracy?

Full of typo errors,no links,doesn't even show the top ten let alone top 30,no pics to show what kind of game..

a) That's why I almost never posted the MC threads.
b) We survived for eons without crappy boxart images.

theultimo said:
I think it will stay there for 2 reasons:

Its a Gundam game

and

Its one of the best PS3 games out yet.

Sorry but the lack of non-gameness in Gundam makes me disagree.

EDIT: And where is the Packy-Man chart Cheese? You're slacking.

cvxfreak

01. (NDS, Nintendo) Yoshi's Island DS - 303,114 / NEW
02. (PSP, Capcom) Monster Hunter Portable 2nd - 93,099 / 936,231
03. (NDS, Level 5) Prof. Layton and the Mysterious Village - 45,344 / 266,017
04. (PS2, Spike) Kenka Bancho 2: Full Throttle - 42,131 / NEW
05. (NDS, Banpresto) Super Robot Wars W - 36,310 / 175,620
06. (WII, Nintendo) Wii Sports - 35,298 / 1,165,674
07. (PS3, Bandai-Namco) Gundam Musou - 31,145 / 201,869
08. (NDS, Square-Enix) Dragon Quest Monsters Joker - 26,452 / 1,228,264
09. (WII, Nintendo) Wii Play - 26,340 / 1,002,628
10. (NDS, Nintendo) More Brain Age - 20,716 / 4,060,566

11. (NDS, Nintendo) New Super Mario Bros.
12. (NDS, Nintendo) Animal Crossing Wild World
13. (NDS, Square-Enix) Seiken Densetsu: Heroes of Mana
14. (NDS, Nintendo) Mario Kart DS
15. (NDS, Bandai-Namco) Iron Left Brain: Mistake Museum 2
16. (NDS, Nintendo) Common Knowledge Training
17. (NDS, Sega) Doraemon's New Magic World Adventure DS
18. (NDS, Nintendo) Picross DS
19. (PS3, Sega) Power Smash 3
20. (NDS, Nintendo) Brain Age
21. (NDS, Marvelous Interactive) Harvest Moon: The Island I Grew Up On
22. (NDS, Pokemon) Pokémon Diamond
23. (WII, Nintendo) Fire Emblem: Goddess of the Dawn
24. (NDS, Nintendo) Hotel Dusk: Room 215
25. (NDS, Nintendo) English Training
26. (WII, Nintendo) Wario Ware Smooth Moves
27. (PS2, Konami) GuitarFreaks & DrumMania Masterpiece Gold
28. (PS2, Nippon Ichi Software) Amagoushi's Mansion
29. (NDS, Pokemon) Pokémon Pearl
30. (WII, Nintendo) Eyeshield 21: The Gridiron's Strongest

Maybe we don't need URLs? Anywho this post should shut CoolTrick up. :)

Evlar

Banned
I'm assuming that our first indication that the Wii is no longer selling out will be a shift in the Wii Sports attach rate... unless another major system-seller is released first.

CoolTrick said:

Ever since your thread got locked and his remained open.

So, what say... 15 minutes?

a) So why rock the boat now?

b) Hey, humanity survived for eons without the internet too.

See post #79. It's been by request-only lately, as I figured it might be wearing a bit thin.

We're still making jokes about Easter. Wearing thin? Surely thou jests.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
CoolTrick said:

dude, stop. we've moved on.

theultimo

bgassassin said:
Sorry but the lack of non-gameness in Gundam makes me disagree.

Gundam always has a good following, but mixed with Misou and being actually a GOOD game, it will have staying power IMO

Really nice start for Yoshi. I can see it becoming a non game in a few months.
Monster Hunter is going to break a million next week.
Nice legs for Layton, Fire Emblem, and Wario Ware.

Top Bottom