• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 3 - 9 July

AniHawk said:
Star Fox = Namco
Yoshi = Artoon
You're right, but I'll have to at least maintain that Nintendo had to have the final say on both of those titles, and should have either have sent them back for reworking or axed them altogether. It's the difference between hitting deadlines for the sake of hitting deadlines and declaring that it won't be done until it's done.

Shigeru Miyamoto said:
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"

Terrell

Amir0x said:
Terrell: Nobody is going to buy PS3.
He didn't ask what people will be BUYING to bury FFXII, just what will aid in doing so... it may not have people buying it, but it sure is a behemoth of a distraction.

Amir0x

Banned
Terrell said:
He didn't ask what people will be BUYING to bury FFXII, just what will aid in doing so... it may not have people buying it, but it sure is a behemoth of a distraction.

It is going to distract people by causing them to laugh in unison on their way to the checkout counter with FFXII hopefully!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
It is going to distract people by causing them to laugh in unison on their way to the checkout counter with FFXII hopefully!

Plus if I remember correctly FInal Fantasy XII has a couple weeks head start over the PS3.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
yeah. November 17th i think is PS3, October 31st is FFXII

Yes, that is right, so the concern should go more towards the Wii with its undetrimined release date.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Amir0x said:
Ubisoft's crap crap marketing.

Ubisoft should have been behind that game 100%. What a failure on their part!.

as if marketing in japan for alot of the games you love are better? they are more often than not quite a bit worse.

also as far as the stupid ass 3RD PARTIES SELL MORE thing, while 3rd party games apparently do sell more on the psp one has to take into account which games sell, which ones are exclusives and which ones are traditionally sony exclusives (tekken whats up). They may not be 1st party games but they are preeeeettty damn close.

cvxfreak

sp0rsk: I hope that anyone who uses Brave Story as an example of PSP/DS third parties isn't conveniently ignoring Rockman ZX.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
sp0rsk said:
as if marketing in japan for alot of the games you love are better? they are more often than not quite a bit worse.

also as far as the stupid ass 3RD PARTIES SELL MORE thing, while 3rd party games apparently do sell more on the psp one has to take into account which games sell, which ones are exclusives and which ones are traditionally sony exclusives (tekken whats up). They may not be 1st party games but they are preeeeettty damn close.

How is it specifically worse marketing wise in Japan, Sporsk?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cvxfreak said:
sp0rsk: I hope that anyone who uses Brave Story as an example of PSP/DS third parties isn't conveniently ignoring Rockman ZX.
Didn't Rockman Rockman fail to chart in the top 50 when it was released on the PSP?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Shard said:
How is it specifically worse marketing wise in Japan, Sporsk?

marketing? what marketing? you could tell me a game came out in japan that wasnt nintendo or based on an anime and i would never know. I was shocked to see locoroco commercials.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Fuzzy said:
Didn't Rockman Rockman fail to chart in the top 50 when it was released on the PSP?

I think that was the case or at the very least it chrated low week one and fell from there.

cvxfreak

Fuzzy said:

No trace of it in the March Japan sale report.

We know MegaMan Legends 1 PSP failed to sell more than 15K in all of 2005, too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
cvxfreak said:

We know MegaMan Legends 1 failed to sell more than 15K in all of 2005, too.

Sounds like Megaman ZX is doing quite well in comaprison, but then again a lot of GAFers think that if something isn't doing oh say New SMB numbers then it is a bomb of epic proprtions.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cvxfreak said:
Shit, I never realized that and number 100 only sold 7K units in March.

Irregular Hunter X debuted in December and only sold 12K (99th) for that month and we never saw it again.

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
Sounds like Megaman ZX is doing quite well in comaprison, but then again a lot of GAFers think that if something isn't doing oh say New SMB numbers then it is a bomb of epic proprtions.

38,000 is terrible for a game the quality of Megaman ZX. If it did at least XENOSAGA III numbers I'd be like 'oh, ok... i'll take it.'

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
38,000 is terrible for a game the quality of Megaman ZX. If it did at least XENOSAGA III numbers I'd be like 'oh, ok... i'll take it.'

Quality has nothing to do with sales, you should know that by now. Also, if you worried about not getting Rockman XZ 2, well, do not forget that this is CAPCOM we are talking about here.

cvxfreak said:

We know MegaMan Legends 1 PSP failed to sell more than 15K in all of 2005, too.
I think for some of these properties it comes down to the moneyhatting. Sony moneyhatted Capcom into porting MML1 and remaking a couple of really classic games, but didn't moneyhat them some money for marketing. Since the push came from the outside, Capcom had little faith in the projects, and therefore didn't want to put any of their own money into the marketing.

Of course this is only conjecture. The argument doesn't hold up in the face of Dawn of Sorrow and ZX.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
Duh, that's the whole point Shard. Quality never has anything to do with it. That's why consumers suck ass.

Then you shouldn't get your hopes and dreams up and act all angry when something like this happens.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
It's frustrating that such shit continually charts over such fundamentally superior titles

I know it is, and not just for games either. Though what is there to be done about it other then start screming pointlessly into a wall or to vote with ones wallet?

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
I know it is, and not just for games either. Though what is there to be done about it other then start screming pointlessly into a wall or to vote with ones wallet?

that's what the forum is for. an outlet!

Amir0x said:
It's frustrating that such shit continually charts over such fundamentally superior titles

Uh, it's the same thing for every territory.

I wouldn't expect Megaman ZX to have huge sales in Europe or North America either. These types of games had their hey-day 12 years ago ... at least on DS, this style of gaming continues to live on.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
if i didn't do it, THEN my blood pressure would be raised

I guess then it is the blood pressure of everybody else that gets raised. Though serious does turning the hyperbole up to 11 actually act as a form of cathersis to you?

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
I guess then it is the blood pressure of everybody else that gets raised. Though serious does turning the hyperbole up to 11 actually act as a form of cathersis to you?

So far all my 'hyperbole' has turned true about the game industry! Industry is guttered and getting worse by the day

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
soundwave05 said:
Uh, it's the same thing for every territory.

I wouldn't expect Megaman ZX to have huge sales in Europe or North America either. These types of games had their hey-day 12 years ago ... at least on DS, this style of gaming continues to live on.

Indeed, it will be a dark day when Nintendo actually brings out a proper 3D portable system.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
So far all my 'hyperbole' has turned true about the game industry! Industry is guttered and getting worse by the day

I am sorry, going to have to ask you for a little proof there, I am not exaclty seeing tradtional gaming vanish right before my very eyes Ami.

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
I am sorry, going to have to ask you for a little proof there, I am not exaclty seeing tradtional gaming vanish right before my very eyes Ami.

it's never going to vanish completely. only concepts and little things like focus until one day, the top ten looks different totally and developers change shift :(

Jesus, I could've sworn that six months ago I was complaining about the direction in which the industry is going and Amir0x was the leader in disagreeing with me, offering as an argument only that I'm "crazy" or "kooky."

Top Bottom