• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/23 - 4/29

cvxfreak

creamsugar said:
DS
Yoshi's Island DS 31,000 732,000
More English Training 24,000- 156,000
Wi-Fi Clubhouse Games 5,000 13,000
Kirby Squeak Squad 3,000 965,000

PS2
Naruto Shippuuden: Narutimate Accel 6,000- 106,000

Yoshi's Island DS just keeps going.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
chibcicylist said:
Well, nice surprise. Wii is finally are taking over the rein from her younger sister on the software charts.

Well..its probably not going to last, at least temporarily.

Mar

Bearillusion said:
Do PS3 games get released anymore? Why did they even release the PS3 in Japan with no software? People can complain about the price but without a single game worth playing people wouldn't buy one no matter what the price.

Sony can sell the first 5 million units without any games.

Add quotes where applicable.

Xisiqomelir

This thread:

403px-ANNSILV002.jpg

Next thread:

Ulti_Galactus_vol_3_TPB-754614.jpg

Zoe

The Black Brad Pitt said:
Wow BBA sales are rather low no?

I don't really see these games hitting it off on non-handhelds. I've only played Sony's version of the game, but it really doesn't translate well to the TV screen. It's a lot harder to concentrate on than with the smaller handheld screens.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Juice said:
the real story is that new Wii software is reinvigorating old Wii software sales. It's also probably indicative of a big shipment jump. Wii HW is probably going to be >80% of the next gen pie this week.

(it has been for some time)

TJ Spyke

Kirby Squeak Squad 3,000 965,000

Soooooo close, almost there. Nintendo having the top 16 just feels so natural.

jeremy1456

Zoe said:
I don't really see these games hitting it off on non-handhelds. I've only played Sony's version of the game, but it really doesn't translate well to the TV screen. It's a lot harder to concentrate on than with the smaller handheld screens.

Plus, entries in the series usually have similar opening weeks, and never really sell a ton weekly.

They have tended to keep their momentum for amazingly long times, hence huge sales.

Odysseus

Banned
two 360 games in the top 30?

it's the end of the world as we know it
it's the end of the world...

davepoobond said:
only madden was released for PS3, who didn't expect there to be no ps3 games?

friggin rainbow six for 360 made the list.

rainbow friggin six.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Tiktaalik said:
1st Party vs 3rd Party BATTLE:

DS 3rd Party
1. FFXII: Revenant Wings
2. Momotarou Dentetsu DS
7. One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
9. Phoenix Wright 4
11. Daito Giken Official Pachislo Simulator DS

DS 1st Party
3. Super Paper Mario
4. Wii Sports
5. Big Brain Academy
6. Wii Play
8. Mario vs Donkey Kong 2
10. Panel de Pon DS
12. Yoshi's Island 2
13. More Brain Age
14. New Super Mario Bros
15. More English Training

:lol I see what you did there

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Innotech said:
its good to see legs on SPM.
And holy shit, One Piece?
One Piece is only THE most popular currently running anime/manga in Japan. The game is also one of the only games for the series NOT in a chibi art style, and it's the only game for the series I know of that covers some of the more recent manga events.

If anything, I'm almost surprised it's only 40k.

MetatronM said:
One Piece is only THE most popular currently running anime/manga in Japan. The game is also one of the only games for the series NOT in a chibi art style, and it's the only game for the series I know of that covers some of the more recent manga events.

40k kinda sucks, actually. People are going "holy shit" and I expect to see something over 70k.

schuelma

MetatronM said:

I believe it was reported last week that it sold through its shipment.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Odysseus said:
friggin rainbow six for 360 made the list.

rainbow friggin six.

well its not like xbox360 has 0 consoles out there. i'm sure you'd want to BUY games for a system you owned wouldn't you?

Wiitard

Banned
Nintendo has killed the fun of Japanese sales. Why don't we have weekly sales from an interesting islands. Like UK. Or Ireland. Or that supposedly continental Australia.

ethelred

Dragona Akehi said:
40k kinda sucks, actually. People are going "holy shit" and I expect to see something over 70k.

It's a game (a third party game, no less) on the Wii. What do you expect?

Dragona Akehi said:

They only shipped around 50k, according to sinobi.

davepoobond said:
well its not like xbox360 has 0 consoles out there. i'm sure you'd want to BUY games for a system you owned wouldn't you?

The PS3's userbase is around 3 times that of the 360.

schuelma

ethelred said:
It's a game (a third party game, no less) on the Wii. What do you expect?

Is that really the best you can do? Honestly?

mood

davepoobond said:

PS3 owners say no. Funny considering it has more than double the user base, but then of course there haven't been any new releases besides Madden or something.

mood said:
PS3 owners say no. Funny considering it has more than double the user base, but then of course there haven't been any new releases besides Madden or something.
Wait, did Madden sell 500 copies across all consoles or only on PS3?

Edit: And guys, apparently one piece sold through its shipment, ;0)

Wiitard

Banned
davepoobond said:

People only buy 360 in Japan to make a statement. Who needs games.

Just kidding. Actually it seems absolutely clear why Japanese really buy 360: mostly for the Western games. It's clear why they buy Wii: for Wii Sports mostly. It's is not clear what is going on with the PS3 sold. Are they just being used for BC?

schuelma

PantherLotus said:
I'd rather hear your version. It would be fascinating.

Ok..selling through virtually the entire shipment is pretty darn good. :)

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Last Year:

1 PS2 Winning Eleven 10 - 460,549
2 NDS Tetris DS - 218,099
3 NDS Brain training 2 - 94,231 (2,051,864)
4 NDS Brain training - 74,783 (2,052,782)
5 NDS Animal Crossing - 56,860 (2,561,916)
6 PS2 Dragon Quest Shonen Yangus - 54,456 (181,958)
7 NDS English training - 52,258 (938,729)
8 GBA Mother 3 - 50,923 (256,837)
9 NDS Naruto 4 - 38,236
10 NDS Pokemon Ranger 36,777 (427,418)

Hardware week/ytd
DSL 225,835 / 1,222,381
DS 42,695 / 818,519
PSP 40,884 / 682,606
PS2 29,837 / 559,816
GBASP 8,225 / 120,083
GBM 5,034 / 85,501
Xbox360 2,845 / 44,124
GC 1,126 / 45,880
GBA 69 / 2,521
Xbox 29 / 1,402

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112920

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
chibcicylist said:
The PS3's userbase is around 3 times that of the 360.

the ps3's userbase (in japan) is sure to be one that would buy Madden 07 in droves, i assume?

mood said:

they say no to Madden 07, obviously since it didn't even chart. That's all that it said for this week. ::shrug::

Wiitard said:
It's is not clear what is going on with the PS3 sold. Are they just being used for BC?

that's what i think. ps3 pretty much cut ps2's week by week in half, so i'd bet they're using the BC until something else comes out.

or even folding@home. there's lots of yellow dots in japan :p

ethelred

schuelma said:
Ok..selling through virtually the entire shipment is pretty darn good. :)

They knew the game would bomb, and it did. I don't see why the market vindicating their correct estimate is anything to cheer about. :shrug

This is going to be a pretty severe problem for the system, you know, especially as time goes on -- more and more third party game development is going to get scaled back because the contest just isn't selling, and all that's going to do is buoy the PS3.

schuelma

ethelred said:
They knew the game would bomb, and it did. I don't see why the market vindicating their correct estimate is anything to cheer about. :shrug

This is going to be a pretty severe problem for the system, you know, especially as time goes on -- more and more third party game development is going to get scaled back because the contest just isn't selling, and all that's going to do is buoy the PS3.

Yeah because there have been some excellent 3rd party efforts in Japan so far :lol :lol

Evlar

Banned
ethelred said:

Sales charts by: M.C. Escher.

Grecco

ethelred said:

Because the Third Party Content on the PS3 is selling right ?

justchris

Dragona Akehi said:

According to reports, that's all they shipped. Guess they figured 3rd party games don't sell on Nintendo consoles, so they shouldn't waste money actually shipping them.

KINGMOKU

Good lord. I come into this thread after having just watched my Pistons take a dump on the Bulls, and its the same thing in here!

Where has the competition gone in the world!

Damn it Sony! Make a shot already!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wiitard said:
But wouldn't you say it's impressive if manage to feed a lion even a single carrot?

Are you suggesting that the PS3 is a lion...or the Japanese are? And lions like carrots.
when they're coated in the blood of young girls with little white socks on

Mirimar

Why would anyone think Madden would sell well in Japan? They're obsessed with football and baseball. Of course it makes sense in the states, but in other countries..why? They could care less.

schuelma

moku said:
Good lord. I come into this thread after having just watched my Pistons take a dump on the Bulls, and its the same thing in here!

Pistons fan? Good man..

You a Detroit fan in general or just the Stones?

Top Bottom