• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/23 - 4/29

Jammy

Banned
Great day!

-Went to the Pistons game (suite!) to see them kick the snot out of the Bulls.
-Red Wings go on to the Western Conference Finals.
-Found out my GPA is like a 3.95 or something at MSU (much to shuelma's dismay).
-16 straight for Nintendo... holy crap @ Wii and DS!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
ethelred said:
So Wii just sold the same as normal? No bump for Golden Week at all? Hmmm. Not a good sign, honestly.

Did someone hijack your account? Those are sales for 4/23-4/29, not golden week.

You sound like a depressed anihawk :p

justchris

ethelred said:
So Wii just sold the same as normal? No bump for Golden Week at all? Hmmm. Not a good sign, honestly.

Two things, first, those numbers are for the week before golden week, not golden week itself. Second, it's entirely possible there was no bump because the Wii is still supply constrained, and unfortunately Nintendo hasn't mastered a way of selling non-existent consoles yet. Although I'm sure they will eventually, if they can sell non-games, they can sell non-consoles.

creamsugar

Hardware

DSL = Wii×2.5
Wii = PSP×3
PSP = PS3×2.5
PS3 ≧ PS2
PS2 = XBOX360 × 4
XBOX360 = GBM × 5
GBM = DS × 7

PantherLotus said:
Through last week:
mc-thread-interest.jpg

I'm bullish on MC Thread posts.

I'm going short on this thread and will cover Wednesday morning in preparation to go long for that MC thread.

I reall dont know what to say that doesnt sound like a cookie cutter repsonse. Good sales for games. Nintendo top 16 sweep is ok, not great, come tak to me when they clear the top 18.

schuelma said:
So we have THREE MORE DAYS OF MEDIA CREATE STUFF?!?

And to finish it we have that Square-Enix party...

Plus Sega news tomorrow, THEN April NPD next Thursday.

7423f.jpg

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Jammy said:
Great day!

-Went to the Pistons game (suite!) to see them kick the snot out of the Bulls.
-Red Wings go on to the Western Conference Finals.
-Found out my GPA is like a 3.95 or something at MSU (much to shuelma's dismay).
-16 straight for Nintendo... holy crap @ Wii and DS!

Oh God..not a Michigan State Spartan :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :D

I'm actually from the area originally- Charlotte.

ethelred

creamsugar said:
Hardware

DSL = Wii×2.5
Wii = PSP×3
PSP = PS3×2.5
PS3 ≧ PS2
PS2 = XBOX360 × 4
XBOX360 = GBM × 5
GBM = DS × 7

Media Create Escher indeed.

Is this a riddle? An optical illusion of some sort?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Re: the leaked hardware numbers. Remember that the past few weeks, they have been significantly off from MC numbers. I expect at least 90K.

Nutter

creamsugar said:
Hardware

DSL = Wii×2.5
Wii = PSP×3
PSP = PS3×2.5
PS3 ≧ PS2
PS2 = XBOX360 × 4
XBOX360 = GBM × 5
GBM = DS × 7

DSL (225,000)
Wii (90,000)
PSP (30,000)
PS3 (12,000)
PS2 (11,200)
360 (2800)
GBM (560)
DS (80)

Fredescu

Pureauthor said:
WHY ARE PEOPLE PROUD OVER SOMETHING THEY HAD NO PART IN?!?
Never followed sports? Never felt patriotic about the actions of a countryman? Or proud of the actions of a family member?

I mean, it's possible that they're all no for you I guess, but it's a common enough human trait to be almost universal. You might find yourself doing this
Pureauthor said:
(*@&$(#%*(576Z^YFg&*TRFGBYE*#%
a lot.

Evlar

Banned
creamsugar said:
Hardware

DSL = Wii×2.5
Wii = PSP×3
PSP = PS3×2.5
PS3 ? PS2
PS2 = XBOX360 × 4
XBOX360 = GBM × 5
GBM = DS × 7
I'm goin out on a limb and saying DS sold 78 units.

Xisiqomelir

creamsugar said:
Hardware

DSL = Wii×2.5
Wii = PSP×3
PSP = PS3×2.5
PS3 ≧ PS2
PS2 = XBOX360 × 4
XBOX360 = GBM × 5
GBM = DS × 7

Well, there were 81 DS Phats last week, so:

GBM = 7*81 = 567
360 = 567*5 = 2835
PS2 = 2835*4 = 11340
PS3 = 11500 ?
PSP = 11500*2.5 = 28750
Wii = 28750*3 = 86250
DSL = 86250*2.5 = 215625

Nutter :(

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
duderon said:
Did someone hijack your account? Those are sales for 4/23-4/29, not golden week.

You sound like a depressed anihawk :p

You know, I honestly thought someone really had hijacked his account about 2 weeks ago. Some surprising quotes coming out of this kid...like, he's trying too hard or something to be sarcastic, but it just comes across horribly wrong.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Now that I think about it, it's more like Anihawk and Ethelred switched accounts for a couple weeks. Anihawk has been trying too hard to sound sarcastic and Ethelred has been trying too hard to be funny/edgy. They should switch back. I like them both better the way they were.

Chris FOM

moku said:
Good lord. I come into this thread after having just watched my Pistons take a dump on the Bulls, and its the same thing in here!

Where has the competition gone in the world!

Damn it Sony! Make a shot already!

Just wait until your Pistons get flattened by my Spurs. There's your damn competition. :)

creamsugar

DS
Super Robot Taisen W 6,000+ 256,000
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 2,000 193,000
Kotoba no Puzzle: Mojipittan DS 13,000 243,000
Professor Layton 20,000 458,000
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 5,000 175,000
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All 6,000- 143,000
Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop 3 6,000 83,000
Crayon Shin-Chan DS 6,000- 81,000
KanKen DS 7,000+ 506,000
Tokoton Kanji Nou 8,000 388,000

PS2
Persona 3: Fes 18,000 108,000
Pro Baseball Spirits 4 12,000- 127,000

The Black Brad Pitt said:
Whats the difference between Brain Training and Big Brain Academy? Who makes what?
Nintendo makes both. Brain Age/Training is based on the books/research/disembodied head of Dr. Kawashima, and rates your success in terms of an age. Big Brain Academy is quite similar, but it's not a Kawashima product, is of a more kiddy/less serious design, and rates your success in a letter grade.
The Sphinx said:
Sales charts by: M.C. Escher.
Somebody find a way to make that happen.
davepoobond said:
gundam musou just reached a quater million sales. i'd say a 1:3 attach rate is pretty good for it, wouldn't you think?
To be picky that'd make it more like 1:3.4, but yeah, that alone isn't too bad, considering.
.dmc said:
Why are there no PS3 games being released? Did they expect Ridge/Gundam to carry the console the way that Wii Sports/Play has carried Wii? Nintendomination of the console-sphere has only become clear in the last few months, shouldn't there have been more games in development from back when the PS3 was an assumed certainty?
Yeah, but they seem to be mostly planned for 2008-ish.
Pureauthor said:
WHY ARE PEOPLE PROUD OVER SOMETHING THEY HAD NO PART IN?!?
Happens all the time. When my grandma was proud of me being good at math, it wasn't because she taught me all I knew about equations. Falls more under the "delight or elation arising from some act, possession, or relationship" part of the definition than the "reasonable or justifiable self-respect" part.

So when do we get the numbers for golden week?

Great to see Wii level with the DS in the top 10, so much for "3rd party Wii software doesn't sell" :lol Go One Piece!

ethelred said:

I think you're better than Anihawk.

creamsugar said:
Hardware
creamsugar said:
Hardware

DSL = Wii×2.5
Wii = PSP×3
PSP = PS3×2.5
PS3 ≧ PS2
PS2 = XBOX360 × 4
XBOX360 = GBM × 5
GBM = DS × 7

DSL = 225k
Wii = 90k
PSP = 30k
PS3 ≧ 12k
PS2 = 11.5k
XBOX360 = 2.8k
GBM = 0.56k

D.Lo

ethelred said:
Are your comments sarcasm? I can't tell anymore.

creamsugar said:
DS
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 2,000 193,000
Professor Layton 20,000 458,000

Good to see that these two games sold really well. Although Hotel Dusk sucked, it had some nice art direction, so thats cool with me.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Chris Michael said:
Final Fantasy Dissidia was just announced for the PSP, for whatever reason, so expect PSP sales to rise to heaven. ^^

If by "rise to heaven" you mean "sell 50,000 a week and slowly taper off" I agree.

Innotech

Banned
Chris Michael said:
Final Fantasy Dissidia was just announced for the PSP, for whatever reason, so expect PSP sales to rise to heaven. ^^
except DS has this little game announced for it called Dragon Quest IX. I cant be sure, but people might sorta like it...

Count Dookkake said:
Checks Pureauthor's avatar...

whistles

I'm not 'proud' of the fact that I believe Christ was willing to die for me. Try 'humbled' and 'grateful'.

Not to mention that one of the core virtues of Christianity is humility, and I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here.

Never followed sports? Never felt patriotic about the actions of a countryman? Or proud of the actions of a family member?

I mean, it's possible that they're all no for you I guess, but it's a common enough human trait to be almost universal. You might find yourself doing this
Originally Posted by Pureauthor:
(*@&$(#%*(576Z^YFg&*TRFGBYE*#%

a lot.

Feeling happy/excited/grateful over the accomplishments of someone or something else =/= feeling proud over the accomplishments of something else.

For example, the 'pride over the actions of a family member' thing - what, am I supposed to be proud that I share the person's genes or something?

Tsietisin

These are just some incredible sales. Makes you wonder how much longer this is going to go on for. However at the moment the answer to this seems to be, For several years yet to come.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
JoshuaJSlone said:
Nintendo makes both. Brain Age/Training is based on the books/research/disembodied head of Dr. Kawashima, and rates your success in terms of an age. Big Brain Academy is quite similar, but it's not a Kawashima product, is of a more kiddy/less serious design, and rates your success in a letter grade.

Somebody find a way to make that happen.

To be picky that'd make it more like 1:3.4, but yeah, that alone isn't too bad, considering.

Yeah, but they seem to be mostly planned for 2008-ish.

Happens all the time. When my grandma was proud of me being good at math, it wasn't because she taught me all I knew about equations. Falls more under the "delight or elation arising from some act, possession, or relationship" part of the definition than the "reasonable or justifiable self-respect" part.

I don't know about anyone else, but I for one enjoy your quote by quote analytical breakdown posts, Josh. :)

stewacide

Eteric Rice said:
Come on third parties, it's time to jump on the bandwagon here. I'm tired of waiting for announcements. :(

This seem strange to me too: certainly we've seen loads of Wii announcements recently, with a lot of new/revived IP, but where are the established blockbuster franchises?

Linkup

You know the Wii did come out of the blue, so expecting all kinds of awesome games from the successor of the GC is laughable. Also by now I think it's apparent that Nintendo launched the system backwards targeting the casuals and throwing a bone to the gamers, thus building a large userbase quickly that typically doesn't purchase as many games as gamers. Something like that.

The Wii gotta be at 90k this week or nintendo didn't ship more than usual.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Game-Biz said:
So...How long before the NPDs start looking like this...?

It does already, if you are talking about hardware sales.

If you are talking software, I would say never for the DS and 2008 for the Wii. No seriously, the DS is rocking the world but I doubt that we would get a flood of awesome western games on the console.

Sim City DS is good enough for me.

Top Bottom