• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/30 - 5/06

perfectchaos007 said:
I wonder if Sony is going to blame shortages again.

PhoenixWrightPS3Sales.gif

Fredescu

topsyturvy said:
can someone save this gif for npd thursday. :D
Pretty sure the last NPD was where that gif made it's debut. Sony did actually say after that NPD that there were PS3 supply issues, which is just sad.

Pureauthor said:
No console line has ever crossed. Weird...

Yeah, it's pretty odd. If not for FFXIII or GT5, I wouldn't be too surprised if the lines never crossed this entire generation.

If those titles don't cause at least a one-week intersection in hardware sales....well...I dunno. Nothing surprises me anymore.

justchris

Sharp said:
Sorry about that, I got the tag for signing up. In 150 posts my opinion won't be any more or less valid, though. Just put through trial by fire.

Everyone was sad yesterday because of crappy Square exclusives, which was why I thought the sales thread had such high activity (well, that and Golden Week). But why bother when there are actual games announced? It just doesn't make sense. Sales joy is a poor imitation of the real thing.

Actually, some of us (it'd be nice to believe it was most of us) don't actually care who's winning and who's losing. We're actually interested in the numbers for the sake of the numbers, and their clue to the direction of the industry. Math is awesome.

justchris said:
Actually, some of us (it'd be nice to believe it was most of us) don't actually care who's winning and who's losing. We're actually interested in the numbers for the sake of the numbers, and their clue to the direction of the industry.

You act like that somehow makes you better than them.

justchris

miguel_c_hammer said:
You act like that somehow makes you better than them.

Eh, not really. There's not much space to judge between math whore and gaming fanboy. But at least math whores deal with facts :)

To more properly illustrate my point, for me, the Wii's killer app is the Everybody Votes Channel. Some weeks it's the only reason I even turn the Wii on during the work week.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Jaded Alyx said:
mc-weekly-23.jpg

Not quite.

:lol :lol

I know that other .gif you put out is getting a lot of run in this thread (even though we've seen it before), but still...good job so far dude. But do you have smarts when the funny stops?

cvxfreak

Smiles and Cries said:
are people saying that the Xbox 360 may sell more hardware than the PS3 one week in Japan someday?

There were occasions when the Xbox outsold the GameCube. I don't think it's impossible for the seemingly stronger 360 to outdo the PS3 on one of its worse weeks.

pswii60

Smiles and Cries said:
are people saying that the Xbox 360 may sell more hardware than the PS3 one week in Japan someday?

Unless PS3 has any significant releases in the weeks that Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey or Infinite Undiscovery come out, I think this could easily happen.

However, when PS3 gains some more steam- - ie when Hot Shots, FF XIII, White Knight, MGS4 etc come out, I don't see this being as likely.

Smiles and Cries said:
I am. I think Jaded Alyx may be as well. I'd propose that it would only happen with the release of Lost Odyssey, and only if the PS3 is still running at ~12k per week at that point.

So are PS3 sales expected to continue their slide towards oblivion from this next week's numbers on? Because those lines are getting preeetty close.

justchris

bmf said:
The carnage would be spectacular.

Sorry guys, don't think this will happen. It's been discussed before, and while I don't remember the exact dates, up until August, it seems like every week 360 has a good game release that should create sales, PS3 has a good game release that same week. Sony doesn't seem to be trying to hard against Nintendo, but it feels like they've got the 360 pretty locked down.

Lost Odyssey may squeak through though, it releases in September right?

I just realized something lucidly just right now.

HOLY ****ING CRAP, SONY WAS TOPPLED DOWN IN JAPAN.

I still can't believe it's happening even though I've been one of the most ardent Wii supporter and have had the same reaction every week now.

Someone, slap me.

StevieP

Banned
chibcicylist said:
I just realized something lucidly just right now.

HOLY ****ING CRAP, SONY WAS TOPPLED DOWN IN JAPAN.

I still can't believe it's happening even though I've been one of the most ardent Wii supporter and have had the same reaction every week now.

Someone, slap me.

fish.jpg

I wonder if at least one person in the whole entire world have tried to use the Wiimote as a sex toy. Knowing me and the perversity of human sexuality, yes, def finitely. Using multiples Wiimotes in one orifice should also be quite likely.

StevieP

Banned
chibcicylist said:
I wonder if at least one person in the whole entire world have tried to use the Wiimote as a sex toy. Knowing me and the perversity of human sexuality, yes, def finitely. Using multiples Wiimotes in one orifice should also be quite likely.

Well... look at what people dig with friggin Rez.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
perfectchaos007 said:
I wonder if Sony is going to blame shortages again.

Either that or claim that they'll produce the "Highest turnover on hardware sales" spin again, even if they are being outsold by nearly 3:1, I think the NPD threads are going to become more like Sony spin prediction threads for the coming months, and I can see them becoming more hilarious as the PS3 crashes into the wall of Wii.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
chibcicylist said:

have seen pictures..

also... WHAT WAS YOUR NINJA EDIT

Top Bottom