• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/30 - 5/06

ethelred

Revenant Wings isn't doing too badly, for what it is. It's no FFX-2, but...

1st week / 2nd week / 3rd week / LTD:
Code:
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance			GBA  225,210  	66,392  29,729  441,926
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings		NDS  274,004  	109,326	??,???  383,330

And for Super Paper Mario:

Code:
Paper Mario		N64 	118,322 	55,725 	36,754 	425,609
Paper Mario 2		GCN 	137,750 	59,427 	40,907 	409,600
Super Paper Mario	WII 	144,192 	75,839 	90,151 	310,182

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Chris Michael said:
All this, yet Nintendo still gets shunned frequently by third parties.

I know, Scheißekopf etc.

If Square gives Wii a big fat zero this weekend....man..

ethelred said:
Revenant Wings isn't doing too badly, for what it is. It's no FFX-2, but...

1st week / 2nd week / 3rd week / LTD:
Code:
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance			GBA  225,210  	66,392  29,729  441,926
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings		NDS  274,004  	109,326	??,???  383,330

Is that DQ:Yangus game at all comparable?

Krowley

Chris Michael said:
All this, yet Nintendo still gets shunned frequently by third parties.

I know, Scheißekopf etc.

Not for long unless they hate money.

edit// and yeah, in reference to another poster above... i hope square doesn't hate money this weekend. I'm almost praying about it.

jepense

I thought I wouldn't be surprised by these charts anymore, but this kind of dominance is just incredible. Two landslide weeks in a row!

schuelma said:

They better have more DS stuff in there as well. I most certainly won't settle for yet another remaking of FFIV portable while PSP gets Dissidia and next gen systems get Remnant.

To be honest (in terms of Nintendo) I doubt they'll have anything more than what they've already announced +FFIV.

fernoca

fernoca said:
Interesting

01. ---
02. Mario game
03. ---
04. Mario game
05. ---
06. Mario game
07. ---
08. Mario game
09. ---
10. ---
11. ---
12. Mario game

Added another one..forgot that...#12 was...yep, ANOTHER Mario game.. :lol

Deku

Banned
schuelma said:

It's very likely there will be no new announcements. S-E didn't begin their major push towards the DS until 10 months after the DS launched at TGS 05.

ksamedi

Seriously, software sales for the DS are insane, even low quality third party efforts have high chances of selling with this amount of hardware sold. Im following these threads for a while now and figures like 700 000 for Yoshi or even the 1.5 million for Wiisports seem like they are low while a few years back those kind of numbers were insane.

schuelma

Deku said:
It's very likely there will be no new announcements. S-E didn't begin their major push towards the DS until 10 months after the DS launched at TGS 05.

But was the DS completely dominating right from the start like the Wii is doing?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Jeeze, why are people still condeming Square for their Nintendo support?
Their support so far has been pretty steller, actually. And consistant. Especially compared to other third parties.

schuelma

John Harker said:
Their support so far has been pretty steller, actually. And consistant. Especially compared to other third parties.

For the Wii? Two spin offs announced a year ago doesn't qualify as stellar and consistent to me. DS...absolutely.

thefro

John Harker said:

DS support has been great. They need to show another Wii game or two.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
My Chemical Mouse said:
Total monopoly in Japan. Feel sorry for those guys.

Amazing Monster Hunter Portable 2 being able to hang on, good stuff.

I didn't know Microsoft and Sony stopped producing consoles in Japan. Sucks dude :_(

laserbeam

Banned
ethelred said:
And for Super Paper Mario:

Code:
Paper Mario		N64 	118,322 	55,725 	36,754 	425,609
Paper Mario 2		GCN 	137,750 	59,427 	40,907 	409,600
Super Paper Mario	WII 	144,192 	75,839 	90,151 	310,182

SPM broke the Trend and actually sold more in its 3rd week t :)

ethelred

John Harker said:

Yeah, I don't really get it either. They've been the #1 quality third party on the DS (easily), and they're proving to be one of the top Japanese third parties on the Wii from the outset with two high profile, high quality exclusives.

schuelma said:
For the Wii? Two spin offs announced a year ago doesn't qualify as stellar and consistent to me.

Two really big projects (one of them by one of the company's top teams) announced before the system even launched? Yeah, it's really strong support. You guys are blinkered.

My Chemical Mouse said:
Dont think the other 2 had golden week.

High sales are high sales, despite your attempts to write them off.

The fact that there was a holiday in the midst of Super Paper Mario's release doesn't negate the copies of the game that consumers have purchased.

Innotech

Banned
Chris Michael said:
psh no, Konami hates Nintendo. If we're lucky we'll get Super Happy Colorful Game for Babies #34.
the first two Konami Super Happy Colorful Game For Babies are pretty good. Ill definitely buy Dewey.

John Harker said:

Yeah, but wheres the Wii's high value, high production FFXIII game, or new RPG? The dead PS3 has two and the playing for second place 360 has a new one.

May 12th!

AzureNightmareXE said:
SDF Damage Control in 3..2..aw **** it, no one can spin this raping :lol

I bet when the guys at Sony PR whose job it is to take the latest NPD beatdown and turn it into a rousing Sony success sit down to shit out their latest masterpiece, they do so with a smile, knowing that at least they don't have to do Japan.

laserbeam

Banned
cvxfreak said:
I have a really good feeling about Biohazard 4 Wii Edition now.

I Could see a Resident Evil 5.5 or something for the Wii based on the RE4 engine/gameplay system if RE4 does stellar.

Evlar

Banned
ethelred said:
Yeah, I don't really get it either. They've been the #1 quality third party on the DS (easily), and they're proving to be one of the top Japanese third parties on the Wii from the outset with two high profile, high quality exclusives.

Two really big projects (one of them by one of the company's top teams) announced before the system even launched? Yeah, it's really strong support. You guys are blinkered.

The fact that there was a holiday in the midst of Super Paper Mario's release doesn't negate the copies of the game that consumers have purchased.
One of those projects will be released in the summer, and the other we presume will follow in the fall. Will they just cease working on the Wii at that point? I have no complaints at all about what SE has done on Wii so far. I wouldn't present this as a complaint, more like surprise if they don't announce one or two titles for 2008. Square Enix Party would be the time to do it.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
chibcicylist said:
Yeah, but wheres the Wii's high value, high production FFXIII game, or new RPG? The dead PS3 has two and the playing for second place 360 has a new one.

May 12th!

Do you enjoy playing video games?

Nintendo has to be utilizing some form of mind control in Japan. I seriously look at those numbers and I can't believe it. My mind will not allow me to process it in a reasonable fashion!

ethelred said:
I dunno, how'd that holiday work out for Madden?

Wow, not even close to being a relevant comment. Madden never had selling power in Japan, SPM has, and the boost was due solely becuase of the holiday, while the past games didnt have such a period.

Pretty easy to understand.

Tristam

ethelred said:

I think I'll be more impressed with what the Crystal Chronicles sequel has to offer than Dragon Quest Swords, despite the notoriety of the developers behind it (Horii, Toriyama, Sugiyama), simply because it's an updated, expanded Kenshin Dragon Quest from what I know. Really, I think it's a case of unrealistic expectations here, like their support sucks unless there's a Chrono sequel announced. I do remember Ishii expressing interest in bringing the Mana series over to the Wii, but if they can't recapture the awesomeness of Secret of Mana, I really don't care.

KINGMOKU

My Chemical Mouse said:
Wow, not even close to being a relevant comment. Madden never had selling power in Japan, SPM has, and the boost was due solely becuase of the holiday, while the past games didnt have such a period.

Thanks. Your logic made it possible.

My Chemical Mouse said:

It topped its predecessors by week even before Golden Week.

X number of people chose to buy this game, it doesn't matter what week it is.

Top Bottom