• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/9 - 4/15

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Oh, do you want to do some FFXIIRW predictions for first week? We should, its going to be fun, I go with 250k.

It depends a lot of the shipments of the game. If Square-Enix puts 300k, it will be sold out. It they punt 500k, it will sell probably 400-450k.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
enishi said:
creamsugar's numbers are from Sinobi
[NDS] Gyakuten Saiban 4 - 50k (LTD 300k)

I said wow, looks like it is on track to sell the 400k shipment by golden week just like how EVERYONE predicted.

Amazing sales, it is already the highest selling game ever and the fastest selling game ever in the franchise. The question is how long will it go?

:D

Flakster99

Krowley said:
Apparently creamsugar does not do predictions, so these must be real numbers.

Every week early numbers are released, and going back over the past few months, the numbers have been off on many accounts, from software to hardware. These numbers are a good indication of what the final numbers may be, but that is all they are, an indication of possible final numbers for the week.

enishi

S-E started promoting the title a month ago with trailers on big demo units of game shops. I think it will sell like FF3 / DQMJ.

Flakster99 said:
Every week early numbers are released, and going back over the past few months, the numbers have been off on many accounts, from software to hardware. These numbers are a good indication of what the final numbers may be, but that is all they are, an indication of possible final numbers for the week.
Um, as already stated, creamsugar's numbers are from sinobi, whose numbers are from Famitsu. You're right that they are usually a bit different from Media Create, but I wouldn't say one is any more "final" than the other. GAF just humps MC because we get their numbers quicker.

Kafel

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
It depends a lot of the shipments of the game. If Square-Enix puts 300k, it will be sold out. It they punt 500k, it will sell probably 400-450k.

I hope they learnt their lesson with DQM:J.

I'd say 300k for RW but it's pointless to start the predictions now since we won't have the numbers soon.

ylvis_ said:
It's been in Famitsu for the last 15 weeks. Lots of TV commercial is planned for this week and there's already been lots of different ads for it, so they've promoted it well.

And the people who predict less than 400k for this title are in for a huge surprise.

Prediction: 500k (but it reallt depends on how many they ship).
34 out of 35 people here are in for a suprise then:
http://www.kyoto.zaq.ne.jp/dkbkq103/yso/machi/15/1517.htm

Look at their predictions for this week (150 SPM, 140k Fate, 100k Persona 3):
http://www.kyoto.zaq.ne.jp/dkbkq103/yso/machi/15/1516.htm

Seriously, its going to be fun, don't mind ethelred, he is predicting for the subsequent spinoffs of FFXIII :)

donny2112

700K for FFXII:RW in its first week.

I don't see why people are trying to lowball it. Also, 3.5 million for DQIX's first week in the fall. It'll outsell DQVIII after two weeks. ;)

Edit:
Based on Kurosaki Ichigo's link to that prediction place, I'm probably going to be wrong, but oh, well.

Krowley

Flakster99 said:

I'm kind of new to the early going for the japanese sales thing... I usually enter pretty late after MC hardware numbers have already been released so i don't know the early protocol.

jimbo

Banned
farnham said:
SPM 150k
Fate 140k

PS2 10k
PS3 10k
PSP 30k
DSL 150k
Wii 65k

Oh boy. GAF will continue to explode if that's true.

Does anyone know if Eternal Sonata comes out before Ninja Gaiden in Japan? With the PS3 doing numbers like this, it's not unlikely that Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell will spike 360 hardware numbers above 10k. That MC thread would be 100 pages.

jimbo said:
Oh boy. GAF will continue to explode if that's true.

Does anyone know if Eternal Sonata comes out before Ninja Gaiden in Japan? With the PS3 doing numbers like this, it's not unlikely that Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell will spike 360 hardware numbers above 10k. That MC thread would be 100 pages.
Same week, it'd be too much of a thread eh? One of those you wish to happen just for the reactions :lol

cvxfreak

Wouldn't be surprised if FFXIIRW doesn't do over 1 Million. I'm not dismissing the possibility at all, but given the nature of the game and the mediocre impressions it seems to be pulling, I think it it's possible it might end up somewhat less.

Hcoregamer00

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Same week, it'd be too much of a thread eh? One of those you wish to happen just for the reactions :lol

Times like that make me glad I don't have a next gen console, just so I can watch and see people bickering back and forth.

jimbo

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Times like that make me glad I don't have a next gen console, just so I can watch and see people bickering back and forth.

Who says you can't do that even if you own a next-gen console?

Hcoregamer00

jimbo said:
Who says you can't do that even if you own a next-gen console?

Because if I had a next gen console the arguing would have some investment in it because I own it. As opposed to not having it and just arguing to play devil's advocate.

milanbaros

Member?
I'll call Japan if the Wii outsells the PS3 by 600% or more. e.g. 10k - 70k. No console can be outsold 7 to 1 with good supply and go on to win the race.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PS3 at 10k? I wonder if it's a bit above or a bit below 10k. I can't believe I just said that about a PlayStation console (though PSP hasn't ever been below 10k IIRC).

Wiitard

Banned
milanbaros said:
I'll call Japan if the Wii outsells the PS3 by 600% or more. e.g. 10k - 70k. No console can be outsold 7 to 1 with good supply and go on to win the race.

How many were outsold 6:1 or 5:1 and won?

Masklinn said:
The question is more like "what is stopping the PS3 from dipping down to Xbox360 levels of irrelevance from now until July?"

I'm starting to think that the real answer is backwards compatibility. That just got to be the reason - people are not buying Blu-Ray disks in Japan, they are not buying the PS3 games. What the **** could they possibly be using it for? Linux?

Pope Benedict XVI said:
if PS3 is just slightly below 10k then the thread would probably be at least 50% longer than if it is just above 10k

Now THAT would be an epic thread.

I just want it to happen once. Just so I can see it.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Um, as already stated, creamsugar's numbers are from sinobi, whose numbers are from Famitsu. You're right that they are usually a bit different from Media Create, but I wouldn't say one is any more "final" than the other.
In that they aren't quite the same as the Famitsu numbers we get either, they aren't final.

DarkMehm

Krowley said:
I'm kind of new to the early going for the japanese sales thing... I usually enter pretty late after MC hardware numbers have already been released so i don't know the early protocol.

It's not an early protocol, those early numbers are from Famitsu. That's why they differ from the MC figures.

Link

The Autumn Wind
milanbaros said:
It did that last week. Just check the first post of this thread.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Neomoto said:
More like only come back the week FF XIII hits right guys!

You're right. But we should keep and eye to Minna no Golf 5. It's a famous series and it's going to be pushed hard. That's the only hope I see for Sony this year...

Wiitard

Banned
tanasten said:
You're right. But we should keep and eye to Minna no Golf 5. It's a famous series and it's going to be pushed hard. That's the only hope I see for Sony this year...

Sony is going against the Wii with a golf game for PS3 and a tennis game for PS2. Brilliant idea, if you ask me.

Neomoto

Wiitard said:
Sony is going against the Wii with a golf game for PS3 and a tennis game for PS2. Brilliant idea, if you ask me.
Pff conviently forgetting killer app Madden 08 for ps3 I see! In Japan. During Golden Week.

... Wait, what? :lol :lol :lol

Link

The Autumn Wind
JoshuaJSlone said:
Wii sold 634% of what PS3 did, meaning it outsold PS3 by 534%. PS2 sold 108% what PS3 did, meaning it outsold PS3 by 8%.
Quiet with your "math logic."

I wonder if that means when it does outsell the PS3 by 600%, that guy will say "I'll believe it when it outsells it by 700%!"

Really, at this point, it's just denial.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Smiles and Cries said:
what did Sony ever do to you people?
20010606h.gif

Kidding.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Link said:
I wonder if that means when it does outsell the PS3 by 600%

that's when the concept of the PS3 having a longer planned lifespan (7-10) and the Wii having a shorter than usual one (3) becomes more popular.

Shiggy

Link said:
Quiet with your "math logic."

I wonder if that means when it does outsell the PS3 by 600%, that guy will say "I'll believe it when it outsells it by 700%!"

Really, at this point, it's just denial.

:lol

Top Bottom