• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/9 - 4/15

andthebeatgoeson

Kenka said:
Still no Sinobi numbers ? We're all waiting for the SPM sales.
No but we have some great hardware numbers from the past. Just look up above. It was a tie back in the early 20's. I blame Easter but it could have been an early sign of the Great Depression. Obviously, nobody in America was looking at the Japanese market and it costed us severely.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
DeaconKnowledge said:
I don't think we'll see SPM number until next week at the earliest. Didn't it just release on Monday there?
SPM released last Thursday and we will get its sales in a matter of hours.

creamsugar

Famitsu 4/16 - 4/22

1. Super Paper Mario (Wii)
2. Fate/stay night[Realta Nua] (PS2)
3. Persona 3: Fes (PS2)
4. Gyakuten Saiban 4 (DS)
5. Final Fantasy (PSP)
6. Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 (DS)
7. Wii Sports (Wii)
8. Nodame Cantabile (DS)
9. Yoshi's Island DS (DS)
10. Wii Play (Wii)

LOCK

I figured that if they shipped a huge amount of hardware that Wii Spots and Play would be higher.

Oh wells we'll just have to wait and see. :)

creamsugar said:
Famitsu 4/16 - 4/22

5. Final Fantasy (PSP)
7. Wii Sports (Wii)
8. Nodame Cantabile (DS)
10. Wii Play (Wii)

Yay! Super Paper Mario.

I guess Layton's time in the Top 10 has finally expired. :'(

kottila

LOCK said:
I figured that if they shipped a huge amount of hardware that Wii Spots and Play would be higher.

Maybe new owners bought SPM as their only game instead of Sports or Play.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Go Go Paper! :D

Oh my God. That's soooo good! I really want IntSys games becomes best sellers because they're great developers, and seeing Paper Mario going on just makes me crazy!

Oh, and BTW, don't worry about Layton, he will come back next week after the PS2 releases die.

ksamedi

creamsugar said:
Famitsu 4/16 - 4/22

5. Final Fantasy (PSP)
7. Wii Sports (Wii)
8. Nodame Cantabile (DS)
10. Wii Play (Wii)

It begins.

Cygnus X-1

creamsugar said:
Famitsu 4/16 - 4/22

5. Final Fantasy (PSP)
7. Wii Sports (Wii)
8. Nodame Cantabile (DS)
10. Wii Play (Wii)

Great for Paper Mario. I hope that it'll have legs.

tanasten

ksamedi said:
It begins.

That's a bit early, don't think so?

I see the Xmas as the turning point.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I really hope FF didn't do big numbers. It would really send the wrong message to SE.

That's so cheap to produce that they will not care, because selling 100K is enought to have profit... and Worldwide sales will be over 500K just because there are tons of SE nerds alive yet.

Kafel

Banned
Final Fantasy remake should have done a good score. Damn S-E and the refusal to release their old titles on VC/PSN/XBLA.

I'm sure that the Wii hardware sales will be the same ast last week judging by the ranks of Wii Play/Sports.

Kafel said:
Final Fantasy remake should have done a good score. Damn S-E and the refusal to release their old titles on VC/PSN/XBLA.

I'm sure that the Wii hardware sales will be the same ast last week judging by the ranks of Wii Play/Sports.

Yeah, Wii Sports and Wii Play are good indicators of Wii's hardware sales,because of their stable attach ratio. Guess why it is so stable.....

acuul

I wonder how many days Super paper mario will stay in top ten, I think numbers for this week are not so important , because probably it will have good legs, although not like wiisports and play -_-

I'm betting 50-60k for Final Fantasy. Which means it's almost definitely going to be a very profitable venture. I'm not miffed they did another re-release. After all, PSP owners don't have a version yet and it's not like they didn't add things. What does bother me is that they "un-bundled" it from FFII, which is a pretty large value loss.

I'm actually a bit fearful for SE on a creative level these days. FF has always been a nice cash cow that they used to fund other projects, but by and large it seems that since the merger FF has just become a cash cow used to fund other FF games. It's a far cry from the Square and the Enix I used to love.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
LOCK said:

5 new games in the top10 and it`s still on 7th spot...come on

Tf53

creamsugar said:
Famitsu 4/16 - 4/22

5. Final Fantasy (PSP)
7. Wii Sports (Wii)
8. Nodame Cantabile (DS)
10. Wii Play (Wii)
Yay! :)

Edit: So we are getting some numbers this week, but not next week? And then two sets of numbers for the next one? Amirite?

Kafel

Banned
Was SPM well advertised in Japan ?

What was its score in Famitsu ?

Yeh, the 2 questions are linked. -_-

edit : I didn't see that :

8. Nodame Cantabile (DS)

I guess Ouendan drove a public for these games on DS.

creamsugar said:
Famitsu 4/16 - 4/22

5. Final Fantasy (PSP)
7. Wii Sports (Wii)
8. Nodame Cantabile (DS)
10. Wii Play (Wii)

Wii sales will be huge...

farnham

Banned
Kafel said:
Was SPM well advertised in Japan ?

What was its score in Famitsu ?

Yeh, the 2 questions are linked. -_-

edit : I didn't see that :

no.. unfortunately ouendan didnt sell that much..

its probably the anime series, the manga and the life action drama

Kafel said:

I think people bought the game not for gameplay similar to Ouendan, but for the name.

Nodame Cantabile was a popular manga, then became a popular drama (it won the "Best Drama Award" last year) and now there is an anime based on the serie.

Slavik81

farnham said:
no.. unfortunately ouendan didnt sell that much..
No kidding ~70k total sales. And supposedly about 20k of that was sold through PlayAsia overseas...

I'm amazed that there's an Ouendan 2...

tanasten

Has been a week without a Wii game in the top ten since release?

If not, it's something very cool.

Slavik81 said:
No kidding ~70k total sales. And supposedly about 20k of that was sold through PlayAsia overseas...

I'm amazed that there's an Ouendan 2...

Low cost production + they got the game partly done. It's putting new art in, adding a few features and sell it. Will help earning money to the whole project of Ouendan.

Krowley

I wonder if paper mario is selling systems. I think SPM's sales will mostly be driven by people who already own a wii.

The numbers won't be that revealing unless there's a hardware sales spike. the system is probably still in "supply constraint" hell.

tanasten

Krowley said:
I'm curious to see if these paper mario buyers are getting systems with the game. I'm guessing that game's sales will mostly be driven by people who already own a wii.

The numbers won't be that revealing unless there's a wii sales spike. I'm thinking the system is still badly supply constrained.

Well, it seems that the almost 2 millions of Wii users have only 2 or three games (you know, Wii Sports and Wii play) and finally they got a popular license with a cute graphics selling on the system.

You Know, Mario is a huge franchise again thanks to DS' New Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Galaxy is going to be a tremendous hit in Japan. And with all the releases of the DS and the Wii... Sony has no chance this year.

Taurus

Moor-Angol said:
Wii sales will be huge...
They must have built some stock to make sure SPM gets decent sales on its first week. Wii hw >100k confirmed? Golden Week is going to be interesting. :)

Krowley

tanasten said:
Well, it seems that the almost 2 millions of Wii users have only 2 or three games (you know, Wii Sports and Wii play) and finally they got a popular license with a cute graphics selling on the system.

You Know, Mario is a huge franchise again thanks to DS' New Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Galaxy is going to be a tremendous hit in Japan. And with all the releases of the DS and the Wii... Sony has no chance this year.

Oh i agree, mario is huge, but i think most japanese wii buyers are probably still going to want wii sports as their first game and they might buy wii play for the controller..

Galaxy will sell systems.

It's good news that the wii is already big enough to have a #1 game mostly driven by people who already own the system, assuming that's the case here. SPM doesn't seem like a "system seller" to me, but who knows.

Top Bottom