• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/25 - 7/1

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
zelda_history.png

pokemon_history.png

mario_history.png

top_console.png

top_ds.png

top_wii.png

ethelred said:
I'm not sure. What turned things around for the Saturn?
nothing turned things around for the Saturn. it was a boom in the US and EU. Did the Saturn beat the N64 in Japan? I think the only reason the Saturn had so many games in japan is that it was a CD system and the N64 was a cart system.

jepense

Stumpokapow said:
Nice. I spotted one error though: you have English training numbers for Brain training.
Also, the NSMB Mario looks small compared to the others, you could try scaling the figures according to their area instead of height. (But that's just nitpicking.)

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Pokemon D/P has done pretty well compared to the other Pokemon games considering it's just 2 games rather than 3 games.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Stumpokapow said:
FF games (I was never happy with this one, so I'll just let you click it)

I didn't realize so many of them were so close.
Good to see once the International Zodiac version of FF12 is released, it should move up 2-3 spaces on that chart. Well deserved.

Do you have a NA version of that charT?

Is that a low opening for Ratchet?

Where did Layton wind up topping off?

Shocked at DK Shit (edit: actually doing well).

I can't believe how angry and uncomfortable page 3 is.

edit again: Why did Link's Awakening do so poorly in Japan? Super Mario Land proves that older Game Boy games that were originally NES series can do just as well as their console brethren. Weird.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Well, despite the lukewarm response I'm still looking forward to DK Bongo Blast. But judging from the early impressions it sounds as if it worked ten times better with the actual bongos.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
"Atrocious DK 64 ???" I found it a great game. Not as good as the three DK Country, but still good. But I agree that since Rareware, the series has gone to waste. Jungle Beat was great, but too short and quite frankly I hated the Bongos.
I thought Jungle Beat saved the series from mediocrity. I don't think there was a game as tight or knee-deep in combo-oriented gameplay on the system. Great boss battles, brilliant level design (and I mean that- just watch someone who can combo all the way through a level without touching the ground) and fantastic visuals bring the whole thing together. I would far prefer a sequel to JB than a standard 3D platformer. We get plenty of those already.

Just started playing through TP (my second LoZ after WW) and I'm at the Water Temple.

Those sales sadden me. : ( Midna and Link look so small.

donny2112

Chris Michael said:
Wii is the only next gen console that have exceeded 1 million in Japan? wow...

Fixed.

Stumpokapow said:
http://images.stumpnet.net/mario/mario_history.png

Why are you still using ioi's numbers for the Mario chart?

Edit:
... and Mario Kart DS and possibly others?

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
SRG01 said:
... Wow. Pokemon outsold NSMB? Is this a subtle hint for me to re-enter the Pokemon scene? :lol

You mean to say... you don't have Diamond or Pearl? O_O

CoolTrick

Banned
Those Pokemon numbers have to be off. The Pokemon series never saw any big dropoffs, but they definitely didn't all sell within 200,000 to 300,000 units of each other.

cvxfreak

CoolTrick said:
Those Pokemon numbers have to be off. The Pokemon series never saw any big dropoffs, but they definitely didn't all sell within 200,000 to 300,000 units of each other.

Diamond/Pearl and Ruby/Sapphire are actually less than 250K away from each other IIRC.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Xeke said:
Generations are time periods. They have nothing to do with power

That's not what I meant by next-gen. Yes, that's the literal interpretation but I assume the term 'next-gen' as is generally used in the gaming media to mean the next round of power comparable/price-relative/market-competitive consoles.

I'm not trying to be derogatory to the Wii. I love my Wii.

What is next-gen?

The next generation of machines.

What was the previous generation of machines?

PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube.

What's the current generation of machines?

The Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3.

So, it follows that if Xbox -> 360, PS2 -> PS3, GC -> Wii, and 360 and PS3 are next-gen:

Then the Wii is next-gen.

Top Bottom