• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/2 - 7/8

MrDaravon

Go Chibi-Robo, go!

AniHawk said:
It's closing up on MM (600k). After that, it's TWW (800k). Then it's a long long way to a million, let alone the next big marker.

Anyone have any idea what the previous Zelda handheld games sold in Japan?

fernoca

AniHawk said:
I just find all the hate for a single non-game simply adorable. Nintendogs outsold Halo, but we still get new installments of Mega Man, Sonic, and Contra.
You can't say that in here Ani!! :O!!
After that horrible pre-E3..Nintendo conference which was like 1 hour of Wii Fit and 20 minutes of videos from YouTube, no mention of "hardcore games" at all...Nintendo sucks!!! You better edit that!!!

Deku

Banned
And I thought Zelda was in decline in Japan. I guess putting right games on the most popular platform in Japan matters.

AniHawk

SailorDaravon said:
Go Chibi-Robo, go!

Anyone have any idea what the previous Zelda handheld games sold in Japan?

I think LA was 660k and the Oracles were 700k or something like that (but at 350k each... I'm not sure on the Oracles).

TMC did 250k at best.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I just noticed that Ouendan 2 is at number 19, go go ouendan!!!

Ouendan2.jpg

E3 almost made me forget this thread. Unfortunately, I'm going to be missing this thread for the next two weeks because I'll be on vacation.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Doki Doki Loli Rape is lower than I expected it to be. =X

Supply constraints?

Deku said:
And I thought Zelda was in decline in Japan. I guess putting right games on the most popular platform in Japan matters.

You can replace Zelda with a lot of games' names.

But I sure didn't expect those kinds of legs for a Zelda game in it's third week. That is phenomenal.

And I'm not really getting the joke-hate on Wii Fit. But I will be making a topic later on this week to announce my support and interest in the title, which you all will respond to with intelligent conversations

Xeke

Banned
I heard that because of Sony's press conference this week, the PS3 is going to be on top next week.

The top 10 really shows just how much Nintendo has quit making real games. Once Galaxy and Brawl are cancelled and replaced with their respective "Astronomy Training" and "Street Brawl Training" the transaction will be complete.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
LanceStern said:
And I'm not really getting the joke-hate on Wii Fit. But I will be making a topic later on this week to announce my support and interest in the title, which you all will respond to with intelligent conversations
Yeah let the dust settle, dummy's being put back in their mouths and general hate being thrown around to lessen.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
AniHawk said:
I think LA was 660k and the Oracles were 700k or something like that (but at 350k each... I'm not sure on the Oracles).

TMC did 250k at best.

TMC should've sold more, what a solid game. I blame it on Wii Fit.

PHG is doing amazing though, considering Japan somewhat cooled down on the series the past few years.

Hcoregamer00 said:
I just noticed that Ouendan 2 is at number 19, go go ouendan!!!

[/QUOTE]

Kouketsu Ouendan > Original Ouendan by a good green country mile (well, except for Ryuta and Kai. They're awesome) and [b]you know it[/b].

Xeke

Banned
moku said:
Didnt you hear?!?!?

It's tearing up the amazon charts!

Amazon will be the real push the PS3 needs to clear 10k and 100k on MC and NPD. I think it's pretty obvious that with Nintendo's MASSIVE Wii Fit blunder and the amazing press that Sony has cooked up this week through their price drop, CNBC interviews and press conference that Nintendo really is drifting towards third party.

Their only real solution is to cut the wii off now and release Wii2 with HD and Blu(e)-ray.

Xeke

Banned
castle007 said:
Zelda has legs and I am happy

Enjoy it while it lasts. It'll probably be the last Zelda game because I read over in the E3 winner thread that Nintendo hates games and from this point on will make nothing but non-games.

Sharp confirmed it.

Explanations:
Sony - most new games and surprises, Killzone 2 + actually treated it kinda like E3. Also Killzone 2. Won by default 'cause it didn't suck.
Microsoft - boring since pretty much nothing was announced but, but highlighted solid holiday lineup. Also Halo was underwhelming apparently? Still, at least it wasn't as bad as...
Nintendo - awful, betrayed GAF with Wii Fitness and now is not making games anymore ever. Only Miyamoto's wife and fat people could possibly have enjoyed this conference.

Xeke

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Yeah. It is not a surprise that Nintendo is focusing on causla player more then ever. Look at this chart !

Once the straggling H4rdc0r3 games fall off the chart they will be replaced with the casual games, it's inevitable.

Hcoregamer00 said:
It will with this

The cheergirls can't help you now

That reminds me - we should have a scenario in EBA2/OTO3 where a guy gets kidnapped and he attempts to call for help but it comes out as 'MMHFFGRBL' because of the gag.

And then the Ouendan/EBA show up anyway because they're just awesome like that.

Hcoregamer00

Pureauthor said:
That reminds me - we should have a scenario in EBA2/OTO3 where a guy gets kidnapped and he attempts to call for help but it comes out as 'MMHFFGRBL' because of the gag.

And then the Ouendan/EBA show up anyway because they're just awesome like that.

They are already awesome like that, in all the sad stories they appear out of nowhere because they are attuned to sadness.

Like the Lifetime channel.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
AniHawk said:
I just find all the hate for a single non-game simply adorable. Nintendogs outsold Halo, but we still get new installments of Mega Man, Sonic, and Contra.

So what are you saying. It sounds like logic.

Hcoregamer00 said:
They are already awesome like that, in all the sad stories they appear out of nowhere because they are attuned to sadness.

I can't be the only one who found it creepy that Commander Kahn was watching Lucy the whole time on his big screen, right?

Hcoregamer00

Pureauthor said:
I can't be the only one who found it creepy that Commander Kahn was watching Lucy the whole time on his big screen, right?

Yes, it was creepy.

Of course the fact that his camera was everywhere was kind of creepy.

You know, a part of me is wondering whether my posts thus far is making enough sense.

The other part doesn't really care very much because we're getting Layton and AWDS 2 and I'm currently floating in a sea of idyllic bliss.

Top Bottom