• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/2 - 7/8

fernoca

Xeke, don't worry..
Sharp already admitted he made a mistake, here's what he said:
Sharp (regarding Nintendo's conference) said:
Edit: Also it's funny how I completely didn't realize there was actual game information in the press conference. That's GAF, I suppose.
:D

Xeke

Banned
fernoca said:
Xeke, don't worry..

Oh well it's good to know he isn't as much of a clown as I though he was.:lol

Not quite as much.

Vinnk

Ok, this week I will look for:

Wii
DS lite
Zelda
Dragon Quest: Swords

Anything else of note this week?

Also if Famicom Dojo has a copy of Dragon Quest: Swords, I think I'll buy it. I was going to wait for the English version but I really want to try it out.

Vinnk

Sapapayo said:
Can you track wiimote this week, please ? I mean, are Wii accessories sold out in japan ?

They have never been sold out. Wiimotes have always been in good supply. Is there something happening this week that would drive the demand up?

laserbeam

Banned
Is this the closest The top 30 has ever been to 1 company controlling it all? I mean only 3 non Nintendo games and all 3 have the potential to be gone next week from the list.

Neo C.

laserbeam said:
Is this the closest The top 30 has ever been to 1 company controlling it all? I mean only 3 non Nintendo games and all 3 have the potential to be gone next week from the list.
Oh shit, a top Nintendo 30 next week?

And btw, Anihawk is awesome.:lol

Deku

Banned
LanceStern said:
And I'm not really getting the joke-hate on Wii Fit. But I will be making a topic later on this week to announce my support and interest in the title, which you all will respond to with intelligent conversations

I'm not sure what you mean. I have no love for Wii Sports personally, it's a great party game and a great social networking game. Wii Fit will probably fit into that category. GAF will be indifferent and everyone else will love it.

TJ Spyke

Draft said:
Where is Sigma? Didn't Tecmo send out like 500k worldwide?

Yes, they shipped 500K worldwide.

As for Wii Fit, it looks really good to me as a fitness program (remember that it's not really a game, per se). Also, GAF tends to be hardcore and not a reflection of the general market (I lost count of how many times the general GAF posters thought something would fail and it succeeded, or loved a game and it bombed).

BboyDubC

Zelda has the best use of any game I've seen on the DS with some of the puzzles you do. It really just got me so excited sometimes to solve a puzzle that actually involved features of the console. The game is gold. I love it, and so should the rest of you who aren't playing the Japanese version. Guaranteed or your
<word here>
back.

Sapapayo

Vinnk said:
They have never been sold out. Wiimotes have always been in good supply. Is there something happening this week that would drive the demand up?

I was just curious ^^.

And thanks for your hard work. I don't post often on gaf, but i read your vinnk's village post every week, so thx man.

fernoca

AniHawk said:
It doesn't matter that Zelda is awesome anymore because Wii Fit sucks.
It must be because Wii Fit sucks. Gamers are finally wising up.
AniHawk said:
Wii Fit sucks so much, it's thrown all laws of physics and mathematics out the window.
Especially when they realize how bad Wii Fit sucks.
AniHawk said:
Is the messenger Wii Fit? Because it sucks.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Pretty good start for Chibbi Robo. Any impressions? I really liked the GC one but I'm not so sure if it fits for the DS.

Otherwise pretty low numbers all around.

Awesome. Thankfully Sony is successfully combatting non-games like Wii Sports and Observation Training with real games like My Summer Vacation and Home.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Just realised Professor Layton at #24. This game is still hanging on.. Level 5 must be real happy.

nli10

test_account said:
I would hope so, i dont think the game would be the same if he rolled around in a wheelchair :p

Boats have notoriously bad access for the the less mobile so the whole Wind Waker thing would have ended fairly soon on...

The 8 place difference between Pokemon Diamond & Pearl makes me think that sales int he lower reaches of the top 30 are rather close.

Deku

Banned
Rancid Mildew said:
Awesome. Thankfully Sony is successfully combatting non-games like Wii Sports and Observation Training with real games like My Summer Vacation and Home.

You mean glorified Animal Crossing ripoff #1 and glorified Animal Crossing ripoff #2. :D

test_account

XP-39C²
nli10 said:
Boats have notoriously bad access for the the less mobile so the whole Wind Waker thing would have ended fairly soon on...

Hehe, one mission could be to build the boat so it was suitable for the wheelchair. Would actually be cool i think :) If not Link, but some other character. Quest was to find material to re-build the boat so you could transport this character across somewhere.

donny2112

Xeke said:
Amazon will be the real push the PS3 needs to clear 10k and 100k on MC and NPD. I think it's pretty obvious that with Nintendo's MASSIVE Wii Fit blunder and the amazing press that Sony has cooked up this week through their price drop, CNBC interviews and press conference that Nintendo really is drifting towards third party.

Their only real solution is to cut the wii off now and release Wii2 with HD and Blu(e)-ray.

P... Pachter?

klee123

Deku said:
You mean glorified Animal Crossing ripoff #1 and glorified Animal Crossing ripoff #2. :D

Unfortunately for you the My Summer vacation series came out even way before AC came out on the gamecube.

legend166

I have no idea what My Summer Vacation is, but just so you know, Animal Crossing was originally an N64 game.

On another note, any idea when we'll be getting DQS first day sales?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
test_account said:
I would hope so, i dont think the game would be the same if he rolled around in a wheelchair :p

Well kirby did really well when he had no legs, had no arms either.

Pureauthor said:
You know, a part of me is wondering whether my posts thus far is making enough sense.

The other part doesn't really care very much because we're getting Layton and AWDS 2 and I'm currently floating in a sea of idyllic bliss.

I really hope AWDS 2 has WFC.

Haunted

wow at PH's legs and well done, Chibi-Robo. Even more complete Nintendomination than usual: more Wii titles in the Top 30 than all the other manufacturers have combined.... and the DS has 9 times the amount. Unbelievable.

Deku, Xeke and Anihawk: exceptional comedic performances in this thread. :lol

ethelred

klee123 said:
Unfortunately for you the My Summer vacation series came out even way before AC came out on the gamecube.

legend166 said:
I have no idea what My Summer Vacation is, but just so you know, Animal Crossing was originally an N64 game.

Well, maybe you should check first.

Code:
Boku no Natsuyasumi	PSX	06/22/00
Animal Crossing		N64	04/14/01

Strider2K99 said:
Man, I'm getting tired of seeing these charts filled with DS and Wii. Do something else already Japan.

Next week: GBA makes a comeback!

Bit Generations and Rhythm Tengoku take the top 7 spots!

Almost just as amazing is Brain Age 2 was out a whole 5-6 months longer than NSMB, and it's still taking the Top 10 every other week or so

fernoca said:
Xeke, don't worry..

It is GAF. it has been always like that. Even if Nintendo would have presented Kid Icarus AND Animal Crossing for Wii, fanboys would have said that it was not enough.

I think this is sad and amusing at the same time. :lol

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
AniHawk said:
It doesn't matter that Zelda is awesome anymore because Wii Fit sucks.

It must be because Wii Fit sucks. Gamers are finally wising up.

Good ones!

Is My Summer Vacation 3 a non-game? ^^

davepoobond said:
hardwareeee :(
the OP.
Cheesemeister said:
notes.gif

Software numbers are typically posted on Wednesday nights.
Hardware numbers are typically posted Thursday nights at about 9:20 PM Eastern.

Scum

Vinnk said:
Ok, this week I will look for:

Wii
DS lite
Zelda
Dragon Quest: Swords

Anything else of note this week?

Also if Famicom Dojo has a copy of Dragon Quest: Swords, I think I'll buy it. I was going to wait for the English version but I really want to try it out.
How about RE4 Wii?

ethelred

Why doesn't everyone cut the crap and just ask Vinnk to look for copies of every game on every Nintendo platform? Meanwhile, when I land in Peoria for my connecting flight, I'll be sure to check out the Gamestops there to see what's hot.

donny2112

ethelred said:
Why doesn't everyone cut the crap and just ask Vinnk to look for copies of every game on every Nintendo platform?

We know Trusty Bell and Ninja Gaiden's situations. Considering the sales charts are 27/30 for Nintendo systems, random chance favors inquiries for games on a Nintendo system. There might be some fanboyism in there, as well, but it's also the reality of the weekly Japanese gaming market.

ethelred said:
Why doesn't everyone cut the crap and just ask Vinnk to look for copies of every game on every Nintendo platform? Meanwhile, when I land in Peoria for my connecting flight, I'll be sure to check out the Gamestops there to see what's hot.

What the hell ? What was that ?

Top Bottom