• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/30 - 8/5

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Legs?

PS3 HAS LEGS?

What was the second week of hardware sales for PS3 after Gundam Mosuo was released?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Not bad for PS3..but who knows if last week's was too low and this week is a correction. Still, its a start I guess.

Evlar

Banned
_leech_ said:
Surprised it only dropped off by ~4,500 units.
And assuming this is driven by MnG5 the attach rate between new purchases and that game is very high.

EDIT: Well, not "very high" but pretty damn good for a PS3 game, heh.

Frillen

I'm definitely surprised that the PS3 didn't have a bigger drop-off. It's good news for the console, but I believe it'll sink down to sub 15k not to far into the future.

Haunted

perfect timing for Lance's ban. :lol

and goddamn, davepoo, I've already had the same joke typed out before I saw your post!
emot-argh.gif

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Help...

Where can I get a link to the cat on the table with the lady smiling and the cat is making a "hrmph!" exression????

ksamedi said:
Boring numbers this week, no sub 10k PS3, no 250k+ DS, no 100K Wii. Its all just meehh.
Wait till next week, mid-August can be big; something to do w/ a holiday + classes are out the full month of August.

Frillen

Tempy said:
So what are the next games of note for the ds, psp, 360, wii and ps3?

Not much for neither the PSP, Wii, 360 or the PS3.

DK Jungle Climber, a new Yu-Gi-Oh and SD Gundam G Generation: Cross Drive released today for the DS.

Square2005 said:
While we're awaiting the nos.
I thought I'd share this (I made during my last bannage):

Famitsu Top30 software sales added up for each week by system back to 1996. You can see which company's consoles have sold the most SW according to Famitsu and how big the VG industry has been in Japan in terms of SW sales over the past eleven years up thru the week ending 7/15/07.
1065632023_7bc5197166_o.png

2006 was the first year Nintendo sold more SW on their consoles than Sony and by nearly 16 million!

Note: These are only titles that have made Famitsu's Top 30 list.

This chart will shows just how big of an impact the DS has had on Nintendo's share of the software market. It's taken it so far beyond even what the GBC and GBA were capable of that it's insane.

2007 is interesting as well. They've already gotten the second biggest year of software sales after seven and a half months! If Brawl and Galaxy sell like most think they will, this year is going to be absolutely monstrous for Nitnendo.

Innotech

Banned
these numbers are definitely pretty boring. 60k is actually a typical Wii sales for the week but the last couple weeks have been above normal so it seems short.
but if a game like HSG5 can only bump the Ps3 to a few 20k weeks, oh my sony.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Square2005 said:
You really think PS3 is still a threat to Wii!?

I think Nintendo's won next-gen in Japan, I wouldn't still be worrying...
You never know. After what happened to Gamecube, I don't want Nintendo to take any chances. I don't want to be hurt ever again.

Innotech said:
these numbers are definitely pretty boring. 60k is actually a typical Wii sales for the week but the last couple weeks have been above normal so it seems short.

Speaking of, can somebody post sales for PS2 from mid-to-late summer of the PS2's first full year?

Lucky

Nice job PS3. I can't believe I'm saying that. I think we're starting to see more "normal" numbers for the Wii again. Sad, but I can live with it.

Great Rumbler said:
Speaking of, can somebody post sales for PS2 from mid-to-late summer of the PS2's first full year?

This? From Famitsu summer 2000
Code:
6/26/00 80,112
7/3/00  90,787
7/10/00 79,514
7/17/00 60,320
7/24/00 56,456
7/31/00 119,683 (w-over)
8/14/00 55,144
8/21/00 48,995
8/28/00 46,256
9/4/00  48,146
9/11/00 31,583
9/18/00 31,628
9/25/00 28,941

Link

The Autumn Wind
Rice-Eater said:
C'mon PS3, lets keep it above 20k for a little while longer. The Holiday reinforcement is almost here.
I'm not sure four months away can be considered "almost here."

Top Bottom