• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/30 - 8/5

PantherLotus said:
Can anybody find a Wii anywhere?
Well, you could hold a seance. Get in touch with Fred Rogers. Cuz the fucking Land of Make-Believe might have some.

Oh look, here's King Friday. Let's ask him!

kingfriday.gif

Hey, King Friday, you got any fucking Wiis in the Land of Make-Believe? No? Ok, thanks.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
castle007 said:
Good hardware numbers for everyone. Everyone is happy and excited

Just because PS3 is "up" doesn't mean that its doing well. In fact, it's doing even worse than it appears. It has had exactly two games that effected sales: Gundam and Minna. Neither one has caused it to remotely approach "happy and excited." Moreover, I would say that it is quite foreboding. Look to GC sales and discover why.

castle007

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Just because PS3 is "up" doesn't mean that its doing well. In fact, it's doing even worse than it appears. It has had exactly two games that effected sales: Gundam and Minna. Neither one has caused it to remotely approach "happy and excited." Moreover, I would say that it is quite foreboding. Look to GC sales and discover why.

it was a bad joke :p

Segata Sanshiro said:
Well, you could hold a seance. Get in touch with Fred Rogers. Cuz the fucking Land of Make-Believe might have some.

kingfriday.gif

Hey, King Friday, you got any fucking Wiis in the Land of Make-Believe? No? Ok, thanks.

And that's why you're the king.

Lightning

Banned
Has the PS3 had a price cut in Japan? I haven't heard anything about any price cut. Only that they are bundling a 60gb with Hot Shots Golf 5...

PantherLotus said:

No problem in Osaka at least. Both Yodobashi and Sofmap in Umeda had Wii in stock as late as yesterday, and so a few weeks before. A lot of them. Not to mention all the smaller stores if you just ride the trains a couple of stations.

mj1108

jrricky said:
I cant stop watching, I feel evil. I also cant fathom Gamecubes LTD with Wii's. Gamecube only sold 4 million? And the Wii is about to trump that in less than 2 years. :O

That's actually less than 1 year.

Lightning said:
Has the PS3 had a price cut in Japan? I haven't heard anything about any price cut. Only that they are bundling a 60gb with Hot Shots Golf 5...

The 20G had a price cut (to 49,800 yen) a long time ago.
The 60G I think has a retailer's chosen price.

The Sphinx said:
OK... Realistically, when will DS pass PS2? I know the continuous sales assumption has them crossing on November 23, per Joshua's post. But we know DS will get a bigger boost than PS2 as the holidays approach and big games are released, meaning that the likely DS Day is earlier than that. Predictions?

I'm staking it on the first week of November.
If you look back a few months you'll probably find me guessing October, but the more weeks DS has that are less than what it did in 2006, the more November does seem likely to me. The holiday boost doesn't really hit Japan until late November, so I don't think that will have much effect on the passover date. If DS has another 200+K week or two in it between now and then that might be able to push things back to October, but I'm not sure what would do that in the next 2-3 months, unless one of the DQs hits very soon.
cartman414 said:
I wonder how long it'll be before Wii begins tracking ahead of the GBA.
My initial reaction was to say "Not anytime soon.", but looking at the lines... it's actually possible.
Weekly through two years
Sum through two years

Even if it doesn't happen in the next year or so, Wii should win out in the end. Thanks to DS's early release GBA stalled out millions before what market leading home consoles have done the last few generations.
GreenGlowingGoo said:
Hmm I wonder if the DS will pass the ps2 the same week the Wii passes the Gamecube.
Possible, but Wii seems on track to do it a bit sooner, unless this downward trend continues.
Moor-Angol said:
Famitsu top30

2007/07/23 - 07/29
Just curious, where'd you get that? I keep checking their site tonight but it's the old one, which makes me think this is one of their two-weeks-combined periods. But you've got the software numbers and geimin.net had the hardware numbers.
PantherLotus said:
36 Total Weeks of Next Gen sales. <-- 9 TOTAL MONTHS (3/4 YEAR)
Isn't that oversimplifying? If 4 weeks counts as a month, we need to add Octember or some other 13th month to reach 52 weeks.
AceBandage said:
The 20G had a price cut (to 49,800 yen) a long time ago.
Before launch, so it's not a cut proper.

JohnsonUT

Tideas said:
NDS: -10% drop
Wii: -21% drop
PSP: -6% drop
PS3: -16% drop
PS2: + 0.27% gain
360: -31% drop

Did you know that PS2 sales were up 0.27% for the week ending 8/5? If these trends continue… A-y-y-y!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Lightning said:

60 gig is open price

i wonder if that's making much of an impact on the prices -- no uniformity so people have to shop around more for a better deal?

justchris

Segata Sanshiro said:

kingfriday.gif

:lol

As funny as it is when you lose it, maybe you should take a nap. Everything will be better in the morning. Really.

I knew the swear filter being off was going to make my comedy come across more blue. I'm not 'losing it' or anything guys, this is the same type of stuff I was doing before, just with fewer asterisks. :(

justchris

Segata Sanshiro said:
I knew the swear filter being off was going to make my comedy come across more blue. I'm not 'losing it' or anything guys, this is the same type of stuff I was doing before, just with fewer asterisks. :(

Oh, well, you know:

justchris
I am a n00b
(Today, 01:13 AM)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
So Wii has hit bottom cycle a week or two early, probably due to the bumps for DQ:S and MP8, to be expected I suppose, probably 65/70k next week, nothing to write home about.

PS3 dropping slower than expected, even from a low watermark, I expect it will fall to earth with a bit more grace than after the Gundabump, 20k for next week, DS still doing well, still on course to beat PS2 this year, and PSP still doing pretty well HW wise, but what the hell are they playing on them?

On a lighter note (Well not for him) Lance finally went over the edge, which we all know what that means, next week someone else has to take his place, is My Chemical Mouse permabanned? or can we see a Newcomer next week? :lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
It's funny how much of a reputation My Chemical Mouse has built up for himself, considering he really wasn't around for very long.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Just curious, where'd you get that? I keep checking their site tonight but it's the old one, which makes me think this is one of their two-weeks-combined periods. But you've got the software numbers and geimin.net had the hardware numbers.

i bought latest Famitsu issue this morning and i posted the chart :)

but next week no chart :(
so we'll have combined chart in 15 days, but i should be able to get top20 for next week from Yahoo's site

Hammer24

Banned
So I´d say 20k is the watermark for the PS3 next week.
Would be nice if it could stay above and thus return to credibility somewhat. The question is, if the software library is already good enough for japanese tastes to achieve it.

What I don't understand is why there is not more rpg's being made for PS3... Are their any beyond FF on the horizon? Disgaea 3 is the only one I can recall at the moment...

legend166

PuppetSlave said:
What I don't understand is why there is not more rpg's being made for PS3... Are their any beyond FF on the horizon? Disgaea 3 is the only one I can recall at the moment...

The console is selling like crap. If anything, you should be asking why there is not more RPGs being made for the Wii.

jimbo

Banned
32./07. [360] The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Spike)

Awesome it did make it!. Amazon connection theory lives :)

And VERY nice PS3 sales. If it could just hold around here, then perhaps after the next big bump it could even hit 50k. This week's been really weird as far as Famitsu and MC go. There's beginning to be a bigger and bigger discrepancy between the two. Usually MC charts PS3 sales lower than Famitsu and higher for 360. This week is the complete opposite.

And that's some incredible buoyancy by the 360. Pre Oblivion 2664 -> Oblivion 3800 ->post Oblivion 2669.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
PantherLotus said:

Yeah there is a shit ton here in Australia, you want one? We get good deals on software? 3 month, 4 month, 6 month delays!

legend166 said:
The console is selling like crap. If anything, you should be asking why there is not more RPGs being made for the Wii.

Yeah I know but still a few should have been planned before it was obvious PS3 tanked in japan.

Lobster

Banned
AniHawk said:
At least there aren't any Gamecube games in the top 50 this time. That was weird.

It got a 40% console decline this week :( By this rate it will be at 34 consoles sold next week. GC needs more games.

PuppetSlave said:
Yeah I know but still a few should have been planned before it was obvious PS3 tanked in japan.

There were.

Lobster

Banned
PuppetSlave said:
Well since I don't see those games on 360(lol) or Wii, I guess they got moved to the Phantom...

Well games don't necessarily get moved to other consoles...sometimes the developers take the assets and make a different game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
enishi said:
[PS2]Final Fantasy XII International - 30k (20% of first shipment, price collapse starts)

Ouch, given that FFXII is near the very bottom of FF sales and failure for international / best price / director's cut editions to take off would pretty much keep it at the very bottom forever.

Retails preorder number:
[NDS]Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fate - 400k

Hahahaha. The original FF: CC sold 355k. That's a lot of faith to put in the boosting power of the DS versus the failure power of the GCN.

Top Bottom